What family sits on the Throne in the End?

Very interesting information. That makes me hope that House Lannister will still manage to conquer!

I wouldn't be suprised. Consider how much Martin has writen about the Targs I'd be shocked if someone else ended up with the throne.

If I can find the article, I will link it. I believe I read it over a year ago.

My head says probably Dany, but my gut is telling me Stannis. The major hurdle I saw for him claiming the throne was his association with Mel - I don't think the people and certainly the Church would not stand for it.

I'm kind of thinking Dany and Jon are made for different fates and am not sure if they have a role to play after the war with the Others. The next logical candidate, to me, is Stannis. If he can get aways from Mel, which I think is coming as she will have no more use for him soon, then I think the people would accept him. I obviously don't think the Lannister's hold onto it, and I don't see the Tyrells making any headway. The only claim they would have is through a 'Baratheon' heir and I don't see Tommen getting on that any time soon.

tldr: the smart bet would be Dany, but the gut shot says Stannis.

Martin loves the Targs and the Starks, and he says the ending will be bittersweet

So...Aegon and Sansa's son, who is in reality a Blackfyre?

I could get behind that ending.

Bittersweet=Bittersteel. Long live the Golden Company. A blackfyre Aegon ending would be so much better than Stannis or Dany, neither of whom are fit to rule in my opinion but that's a topic for a future thread.

Very interesting information. That makes me hope that House Lannister will still manage to conquer!

Baratheon is technically the ruling house - King Stannis would not be of a different house.

I could get behind that ending.

Bittersweet=Bittersteel. Long live the Golden Company. A blackfyre Aegon ending would be so much better than Stannis or Dany, neither of whom are fit to rule in my opinion but that's a topic for a future thread.

Ha, that's great! :bowdown:

Baratheon is technically the ruling house - King Stannis would not be of a different house.

Which is why I pointed out, Martin was vague. If he meant from our pov, Lannisters are currently ruling. If he meant from Westerosi pov, they "think" Baratheon rules. So technically speaking the Lannisters are in.

I don't think a Baratheon takes takes it really just because their rule changed the status quo that led to a lot of problems, and Robert was a terrible King. Also that the blood of the Starks and the Targs are the special ones. (I know the Baratheons have Targ blood as well)

I change my mind between the Targs returning to power or a disintegration of 7 Kingdoms where Rickon is King of the North, the Martells have Dorne, etc every day.

Baratheons have magic genes too. Descended from the gods apparently. Which confirms the gods have black hair! ;)

Unfortunately, unless Tyrion dies, I see Sansa staying with him.

Hmm Papal dispensation might be up Martin's sleeve. I don't know how this would work in westeros, but if it were 15th century England a divorce would be easily obtained if the spouse was proven to be an apostate. Considering Sansa is of the north and follows the Old Gods, and the southerners the new, well....

This but I still hope it will be House Snowdragon ot Stagaryen or Diredragon.

I can't say what I think about this because the MODs have warned me, but I assure you it is nothing nice. Lol

Archived