NBA Offseason - LeBronapalooza

Trebla

Also - how fucking great is The Essay? Complete redemption from the trolling foolishness of The Decision

It was awesome. That Jenkins guy can write. :p

One thing I wonder about the essay: When did Lebron write it / talked to Jenkins? There is quite a bit of reflection / thoughtfulness in there. It does not seem to be the type of thing that you can just scribble together in a few hours. Definitely gave me the impression that he knew what he was going to do for a while.

I still wish LBJ would have waited till he was boarding his plane. Then right before he enters he turns around a puts on a Cavs hat, throws up the deuces and takes off. Let the essay come out 5 minutes later. Would have been epic!

Apparently that's pretty much how it went down, LeBron didn't inform the Cavs or Heat prior to the essay going live; he wanted "the people of Ohio" to be the first to know.

Lots of moving parts right now. Rockets are looking to ship Jeremy Lin to the Lakers to clear space for Bosh. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/11/5891219/jeremy-lin-los-angeles-lakers-trade-rockets

eta: and it also has them MATCHING Dallas' Parsons offer. Houston could be really interesting next year!

eta2: Deal done http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/11203765/houston-rockets-trade-jeremy-lin-los-angeles-lakers Twitter is absolute FUN right now!!!

So now it´s down to Pelicans doing something before they can take Asik.

If Houston gets Bosh and then Parsons as well, that looks tremendous.

But that means Dallas miss out on him and then.... go for Deng after all?

If they get Deng, they'd be a fearsome team as well.

I'm sure they knew his intentions. Some people at least.

Heat fans are being complete twats at the moment!

Which fans? I know there's a few jackasses, but on the whole, all my friends and most callers on the local radio shows have been really good. A little mad or disappointed, but on the whole, surprisingly good.

I mean granted it's a large city (bigger metro area) and you're going to have dipshits, but Miami isn't marching the streets burning jerseys and calling him a quitter and all that.

I'm sure they knew his intentions. Some people at least.

Heat fans are being complete twats at the moment!

Are they being any different than Cleveland fans four years ago? I'm just surprised because it must take a large amount of outrage to raise them up from their general sports related apathy.

Which fans? I know there's a few jackasses, but on the whole, all my friends and most callers on the local radio shows have been really good. A little mad or disappointed, but on the whole, surprisingly good.

I mean granted it's a large city (bigger metro area) and you're going to have dipshits, but Miami isn't marching the streets burning jerseys and calling him a quitter and all that.

They aren't?!!?

You have the jackasses (in a big city ) trying to get their minutes of fame. But unlike Cleveland in 2010, it is in no way indicative of Miami as a whole. Every single person i know has been classy. I've been listening to sports radio since the report, and it's OVERWHELMINGLY classy responses.

You can't go by a few twats seeking attention to gauge the city. I could easily post up hundreds of positive responses from my friends list and sites I frequent.

I mean come on of course you're going to have the jackasses crying for attention, but Miami as a whole, as I've heard on local radio, as I've seen from my personal friends and acquaintances both online and in person, is disappointed, but grateful.

You have the jackasses (in a big city ) trying to get their minutes of fame. But unlike Cleveland in 2010, it is in no way indicative of Miami as a whole. Every single person i know has been classy. I've been listening to sports radio since the report, and it's OVERWHELMINGLY classy responses.

You can't go by a few twats seeking attention to gauge the city. I could easily post up hundreds of positive responses from my friends list and sites I frequent.

I mean come on of course you're going to have the jackasses crying for attention, but Miami as a whole, as I've heard on local radio, as I've seen from my personal friends and acquaintances both online and in person, is disappointed, but grateful.

So we couldn't have said the same of Cleveland in 2010? I know some ppl from Cleveland that were disappointed but were classy about it.

So we couldn't have said the same of Cleveland in 2010? I know some ppl from Cleveland that were disappointed but were classy about it.

I would say that you're not going to have the HUNDREDS of negative calls that Cleveland had. That our owner won't write a plantation style letter tearing down LeBron that THOUSANDS would applaud. We won't have urinals with his face on it here.

Not every person in Cleveland was classless, that's a fact, but as a whole Cleveland was more hurt and more negative than Miami is being. Every local site has nothing but positive pictures and articles, did Cleveland local media? The local shows, news spots, sports pages and blogs have all been grateful and positive.

Lost in some of this is that the Cavs coach, David Blatt, has never been a head coach in the U.S. Welcome to the big leagues!!! http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11112991/david-blatt-new-coach-cleveland-cavaliers

I wonder what the odds are on that guy getting sacked if things don't work out in year one.

Or shorter than that even.

It was awesome. That Jenkins guy can write. :P

One thing I wonder about the essay: When did Lebron write it / talked to Jenkins? There is quite a bit of reflection / thoughtfulness in there. It does not seem to be the type of thing that you can just scribble together in a few hours. Definitely gave me the impression that he knew what he was going to do for a while.

I would bet the mortgage he did not write that himself. My initial reaction was that LeBron managed to get a good PR guy sometime over the last couple years or so.

I would say that you're not going to have the HUNDREDS of negative calls that Cleveland had. That our owner won't write a plantation style letter tearing down LeBron that THOUSANDS would applaud. We won't have urinals with his face on it here.

Not every person in Cleveland was classless, that's a fact, but as a whole Cleveland was more hurt and more negative than Miami is being. Every local site has nothing but positive pictures and articles, did Cleveland local media? The local shows, news spots, sports pages and blogs have all been grateful and positive.

Cavs fans had a right to be classless, in my estimation. A classless announcement warrants a classless response.

Archived