NBA Offseason - LeBronapalooza

Trebla

Next year's Cleveland team probably won't be as good as recent Heat teams but the 3-5 year outlook on the Cavs is way brighter than it would've been in Miami had he re-upped for another multiyear contract. Just so much more elite, young talent by dint of being terrible every year since Lebron left.

And the crazy thing is if they had a better front office they could also have had Nerlens Noel and/or Andre Drummond (instead of Anthony Bennett and Dion Waiters respectively) and likely would've become the unquestioned hegemon of the East through 2020. Heck, they still might.

First off, they'd be scary as fuck in the had Noel for this year. Just yikes!

I think the Cavs roster for the first game will be the best roster LBJ will have ever had. They are already a 4/1 favorite to win the title. If they get Love, especially if they can keep Wiggins in the process, and they would be favored if the Spurs didn't exist.

To some extent, Melo picking the Bulls is betting on himself. He's saying that with his talent, he could put the Bulls over the top to win championships. Because if he wins a championship in Chicago, it would help his brand enough that he'd probably make back any money he lost. But if he's not going to win any championships, it would be much better to do that in New York.

Also, do you want to be a "superstar" player and not win in Chicago? Your legacy would get crushed.

I like the Mavs moves so far. I think that Houston isn't going to pay a luxury tax to keep Parsons, and Bosh is certainly going there after this. With the addition of Tyson Chandler at Center, the Mavs just might have quietly slipped into competition for another title.

My favorite factoid about all this thus far: Since LeBron made his announcement the Miami Heat's official twitter account has lost approximately 300,000 followers.

First off, they'd be scary as fuck in the had Noel for this year. Just yikes!

I think the Cavs roster for the first game will be the best roster LBJ will have ever had. They are already a 4/1 favorite to win the title. If they get Love, especially if they can keep Wiggins in the process, and they would be favored if the Spurs didn't exist.

Disagree with the best roster comment. This team will be dangerous in a few years. But the Cleveland roster right now has LeBron, Kyrie, and no one. It's a team with no defense, Kyrie has missed more games than Wade over the past 3 years.

Miami won 27 games not too long ago. Cleveland can't do that with this roster. After Kyrie it's a huge dip in quality.

The Cavaliers are the title favorites because making it out of the East is easy, but there's multiple teams in the West that can beat Cleveland. This roster CAN be the best he's had if everyone progresses and Cleveland gets Love and a good defender.

Wade wasn't great this last finals, but Miami just a short time ago had LeBron, Wade, Bosh (here we're already at more talent than Cleveland has now) a consistent Ray Allen, Birdman, Battier. This Cleveland team needs make defensive upgrades.

lol

Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love is "intrigued" by the idea of being traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers and would commit long term to the team, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The Cavaliers have opened talks by offering guard Dion Waiters, forward Anthony Bennett and a first-round pick to the Timberwolves in exchange for Love, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

Here's what Cleveland's first round picks are:

Cleveland Cavaliers: Receives Miami’s 2015 first-round pick (top-10 protected through 2017) via the Lebron James trade on 7/9/10. Receives Memphis’ 2015 first-round pick (top-5 protected, 15-30 protected in 2015-16, top-5 protected in 2017-18, unprotected in 2019) via the Jon Leuer trade on 1/22/13.

So while both those picks aren't top 5 or anything, Memphis could miss the playoffs and be in the 12-14 range, and Miami, who knows?

A starting 5 of Irving, Wiggins, Lebron, Love and Varajao would be pretty extraordinary. Depth would be a problem, but still...

Wow, why would the Wolves take that over Thompson, Lee and Barnes plus a 1st round pick? Only the T-Wolves. Lol, but then again, why am I surprised 6th row tickets are $30. What a joke......

Also:

Love>Bosh

Irving>Wade (presently speaking)

Miller and Allen will be signing with the Cavs

These "bust" picks are about to look good as hell with James. He will make everyone raise their game.

And in other news, James just went from being one of the most hated athletes in America to probably being the most beloved. Smooth move.

Come on, surely the Wolves aren't going to trade Kevin Love for Waiters, Bennett and picks?

I'd love to see Love with LeBron, but surely if you're Minnesota and just played hardball with Golden State who didn't want to give up Klay Thompson ( foolishly), you're not going to trade with Cleveland without at least getting Wiggins?

Come on, surely the Wolves aren't going to trade Kevin Love for Waiters, Bennett and picks?

I'd love to see Love with LeBron, but surely if you're Minnesota and just played hardball with Golden State who didn't want to give up Klay Thompson ( foolishly), you're not going to trade with Cleveland without at least getting Wiggins?

Generally teams try not to trade star players within the conference if they can avoid it. But it does seem like the GS offer is a lot better.

They don't have to take that deal; it was just Cleveland's first offer.

The Wolves will counter by asking for Wiggins and then the real negotiations will begin.

Wow, why would the Wolves take that over Thompson, Lee and Barnes plus a 1st round pick? Only the T-Wolves. Lol, but then again, why am I surprised 6th row tickets are $30. What a joke......

Also:

Love>Bosh

These "bust" picks are about to look good as hell with James. He will make everyone raise their game.

And in other news, James just went from being one of the most hated athletes in America to probably being the most beloved. Smooth move.

Irving wasn't better two seasons ago though, and let's see how Love plays as a third option, Love is a horrendous defender.

Also:

Love>Bosh

Kevin Love is not better than Bosh at this point I'm sorry. He is a stat stuffer on a losing team that can't play defense.

WOW. Truly pathetic. This is like begging the fiancee who slept with your Best Man, and then left you standing at the altar to come back.

In the past I've had nothing but sympathy for fans of Cleveland franchises, but this is just sad. I can't believe Cavs fans are excited about this. I can't believe that Dan Gilbert would resign this guy after everything that occured. Have some pride for chrissakes.

Kevin Love is not better than Bosh at this point I'm sorry. He is a stat stuffer on a losing team that can't play defense.

Thank you. Remember Bosh as a first option? Let's see how Love plays when he's taking less shots and he's asked to actually defend.

Archived