No Arianne Martell?

lyannaisalive

It might be quite a while before Arianne meets her demise, if that is indeed her fate. Not being in the show doesn't mean that she's going to definitely die. And the audience, i.e. unsullied, won't know any other crowning plot but what is shown, however, readers may or may not like it, depending on how it's filmed.

I do not think, that Arianne not being in the show means, that she is going to die soon.

There is an interview, in which GRRM states, that the two Dothraki bloodriders, that D & D have killed off will be important later on and he says, that D & D have made a mistake by leaving Willas and Garlan out.

I do not think, that Arianne not being in the show means, that she is going to die soon.

There is an interview, in which GRRM states, that the two Dothraki bloodriders, that D & D have killed off will be important later on and he says, that D & D have made a mistake by leaving Willas and Garlan out.

This ^^

At this point the show is different from the book, they might have the same ending but the path to get there is going to be totally different.

He also said that about Drogo's bloodrider and Marillon the singer. And Jeyne. Everyone has really important stuff coming up in the books, according to Martin.

Tyrion meeting young griff and figuring out his identity

Landing in westeros

meeting with Dornish

Conflict

Future 2nd dance of dragons?

How does this not take hours of the show to do properly?

Don't forget dodging greyscale... With Jon Con contracting it... I anticipate epidemics will have a huge role in coming books.

doesn't Greyscale need humidity to be a threat on epidemic level?

I did a quick check of the wiki. It mentions that it generally affects children, especially in cold, damp climates. There was also a mention of the rarer and more dangerous grey plague, but Jon Con seems to have the normal kind. I just have trouble believing that there will be enough time for huge epidemics before the end. Maybe just very localized ones?

Oo thats interesting with Willas and Garlan. I hope Garlan has a big impact in the future novels, he's awesome.

Is it really a surprise? These are the same people who read the epilogue of A Storm of Swords and thought: "What a terrible ending."

The same people who read aFfC and said, "Who needs Arianne Martell when you have the Sand Snakes?"

Just wait. They'll turn them into even MORE cardboard cut-outs than they're in the books, thinking that people just want to see hot badass women being hot and badass, probably spewing quip after quip to the tune of the Young Adult story of the star-crossed lovers, Myrcella and her beau. Ugh.

It's just...a total disconnect with their audience and what they wanna see, I don't know

Here's hoping against hope for a surprise casting, though

The same people who read aFfC and said, "Who needs Arianne Martell when you have the Sand Snakes?"

Just wait. They'll turn them into even MORE cardboard cut-outs than they're in the books, thinking that people just want to see hot badass women being hot and badass, probably spewing quip after quip to the tune of the Young Adult story of the star-crossed lovers, Myrcella and her beau. Ugh.

It's just...a total disconnect with their audience and what they wanna see, I don't know

Here's hoping.

But yeah, even I, who LIKE the Sand Snakes in the books, am extremely apprehensive about how it looks like they cast them in the show. I saw a screen cap of someone on Reddit who said something along the lines of, "It's like they took all the Sand Snakes in the books, melded them into one character, and then cast that character three times." And I'm like, yep, that hits the nail on the head.

These are the same people who saw how badass Loras and Renly was and said, "people would like it if they were more stereotypical gay."

Archived