AcroPHILIA: (acrophobia's strange and incestuous twin) WINNER - Howlin' Howland

Dolorous Gabe

Still waiting on two sets of answers to the round 1 clues.

Edit: I'm going to start counting up points as it's going to take me a while, so I hope everyone is happy with their answers and I hope the two players I'm waiting for can send me their answers before the end of this morning.

I think I won't receive too many points for others guessing my entry. I think it was to hard.

Everyone will know mine. I couldn't think of a thing to say that people wouldn't know.

I'm not so curious as to whether I win or lose (I know the answer to that already), but am really interested to find out what the hell that theme was!

I found a theme that fit all of my answers (pretty sure it did, anyway) but somehow I doubt it was the theme DG was going for...

but then of course, there's no guaranteeing that all my answers were correct, either, so there's that. lol

Well, it's not necessarily a bad thing if people easily guess your clue. If everybody guesses your clue correctly but no other clue gets solved, you get 15 points, everyone else gets 2 points and you win :)

Still not heard anything from the two players who haven't submitted answers. Sorry for the delay. I'm not really sure what to do as I made it fairly clear to be done by the end of Monday, but I wouldn't like to go ahead in case they are just suffering internet problems or something.

For the record, yomi is right. There isn't one specific way to play the game. The player leading the pack after round 1 will be one who has got the vast majority of the clues right, got the theme and been the author of one of the the easiest clues, because those one-pointers for authors are what will separate those who got the theme and almost all the clues.

Edit - the reasoning behind not making the clue too easy is to help prevent too many people from getting the theme.

Still not heard anything from the two players who haven't submitted answers. Sorry for the delay. I'm not really sure what to do as I made it fairly clear to be done by the end of Monday, but I wouldn't like to go ahead in case they are just suffering internet problems or something.

Yeah, tough choice. We've had quite awhile so they should have been able to get answers in... but they did submit clues so it's not like they were completely uninterested. So the question is why no answer? Hiccup or lazy?

I'm an auditor by trade, so I like compliance. I'm not a good person to ask for that reason... but if anyone asked, I'd say give them a bit longer and then move on to round two with other volunteers in their spot, (barring a good explanation via DM), if anyone wants in a round late - or with 14 people instead, if nobody else seems interested. Problem in my world is that late tends to suggest will always be late... but again, that's because I'm and auditor (and a cynic).

For the record, yomi is right. There isn't one specific way to play the game. The player leading the pack after round 1 will be one who has got the vast majority of the clues right, got the theme and been the author of one of the the easiest clues, because those one-pointers for authors are what will separate those who got the theme and almost all the clues.

Edit - the reasoning behind not making the clue too easy is to help prevent too many people from getting the theme.

Difficult to know what to do.

I don't know about this round, but in future rounds I think there should be a penalty for being late. A point an hour. But then I'm rather Draconian.

ETA

Lose a point an hour up to six hours and then publish and be damned.

In this particular case, I, personally, would only wait 12 hours past the deadline.

Yes! I AM Stannis in disguise!

I'm out later from about 7pm GMT. I'll give them until midnight GMT. If they get their answers in by 6pm GMT I'll publish results. If not, I'll publish results at midnight, with or without the awaited answers.

Hope this is acceptable.

In the meantime, you can at least be working on your clue for the next round.

UPDATE - one set of answers left. One player had browser problems.

UPDATE - it's going to be later on tonight.

I don't like the idea of an outright penalty for being late (sometimes there are very good reasons) but I do think it would be fair to do what we have done in Acrophobia and give everyone who was on time an extra point.

Been working on round two and finding it slightly less difficult than round one thus far.

Archived