AcroPHILIA: (acrophobia's strange and incestuous twin) WINNER - Howlin' Howland

Dolorous Gabe

I am down to two one that I don't know.

Again I think I know the theme, but if what I think the theme is is the theme, then two of my answers I do have don't fit.... they almost fit, but not quite. I am going to keep the theme and rethink the non-fitting answers. (edit I am down to one that doesn't fit the theme.)

Can we mention the one's we are having trouble with? Not to discuss them, just so the person who wrote them knows they stumped us.

I'm stumped on two and a third one has me very worried with my answer. It fits but I don't think it can be the right answer. :bang:

At this point my guess to the theme is: Characters in A Song of Ice and Fire. !!! :dunce: :bawl:

This is thoroughly enjoyable... and I have zero confidence in half my answers so far.

I have zero confidence in ALL my answers, but a couple of them I don't even have a glimmer of an answer.

ETA

I just want to say that the acros are wonderful. A lot of high wattage brain power went into them.

Congrats to all. No matter how this turns out.

Well all I can say is, I hope you're all pleased with the extra +1 point that I'm sure I gave about 75-95% of you. LOL I have absolutely no clue who came up with the majority of these, and that's after playing AcroPHOBIA for what? 3 games? 4? Something like that. But I will say, they're all very good entries.

I have 8 that I am pretty sure of (9 if I count mine), 4 iffys, and 3 wild guesses.

I am hoping for 18 points before mis-guessed authors.

I also used random.org match authors to posts... so everyone look forward to a point from that.

Well I think I've got most, but those remaining ones are really annoying me.

PS - Reek, I am feeling smug. #6 suddenly came to me, in a flash. But as for some other clues...

PPS I did a count, I only have 10, and a couple of those are wobbly, and not a hint of a theme, possibly because I have wrong answers.

I'm stumped on two and a third one has me very worried with my answer. It fits but I don't think it can be the right answer. :bang:

At this point my guess to the theme is: Characters in A Song of Ice and Fire. !!! :dunce: :bawl:

Hahaha. One my answers was Finn from Adventure Time!

Meh, after a first glance I'm quiet confident on one (besides my own). On others I have an idea. There are a few were I think "Hä, doesn't that point at exactly two people?". I guess could decide on one of them if I had a better feeling for the english language. And then of course, for many I just don't have an idea.

Alright, let's try it. From the first glance, it's very tough.

Edit: alright, I've figured 9 (I think :lol:), and other clues are really difficult. And yes, two of them point on one character. What the hell.

Aha! I think I have worked out why that is and now have two separate answers although I'm not entirely satisfied with one of them. At least now I have an answer for everything that fits the theme...whether they're right or not is a different matter entirely: 8, 10 & 12 are dubious.

Yeah 9 is great, no question about who that is :)

6 had me stumped for a bit and then came to me suddenly - but there's a reason for that which will be explained afterwards...

Archived