AcroPHILIA: (acrophobia's strange and incestuous twin) WINNER - Howlin' Howland

Dolorous Gabe

I'm still totally clueless on two. One of them, as far as I can see, points to everyone in Westeros. And Essos too.

A third one, although a name has come to me, I don't like it. Don't like my answer at all.

A fourth points directly at one person, in my mind, but still don't think the answer can be correct and that I must be overlooking someone.

A fifth I'm 90% sure of. But I wrote that one, so I'm not counting it! :dunce:

I have in some wonderful answers already. I tried to avoid allowing multiple possible answers but I must admit now that some can certainly be read in a way that I didn't even consider (sorry). Some require careful consideration of the wording to differentiate between possibilities.

My advice would be to take into account each answer you're sure of, see if you can work out possible themes and use them to help you work out the trickier clues.

For the record - since some people are extremely close to it - the theme is fairly specific. I would probably accept two players' answer to the theme if nobody else actually gets it perfect but getting the exact theme would help with the clues they did not quite get right. Remember, 5 points for getting the theme.

That's all I'm going to say. I hope it is both challenging and fun!

You have till Monday night, no specific time as I am doing nothing Tuesday morning so will count up and publish results and tables then.

Nevermind, I don't have the theme, I figured out another one and it doesn't work with what I thought the theme was.

Haha, I feel you, I thought I had the theme and then had to rethink it when another answer came along.

I have all answers and a theme now but I'm going to sit on them for a day just in care before submitting.

If we submit an answer is it final or will we be able to change it until the deadline?

Some have submitted answers to me with blanks that they are intending to edit in later. You're more than welcome to do that if you wish.

It's not final until the end of Monday night.

I thought I had the theme for half a minute. If nothing else comes to me I might very well submit it and just assume that four of my answers are wrong! :)

Still stuck on two, which might give me another theme. Or not!

I think I have a theme. It made me surer on some of my answers, but on the other hand it also made me exchange some answers I din't like for other I like even less. And it still leaves me three answer possibilities on one clue (although without the theme I saw six possibilities, so it's an improvement) and on another I have no idea with or without the theme.

For the record, tomorrow I will post three new acronyms for round 2 and hand out new characters for you to create clues to. This will be simply so you know what to expect from round 2, which could be tricky for some. The deadline for submitting answers to round 1 clues will remain the same (end of Monday night).

I won't set a deadline for coming up with clues for round 2 just yet though as some may want to discuss the system after (or before) completing round 1.

I'm fairly pleased with how it's turning out though. The themed system allows for some clues to be tricky and/or point to more than one character as it become more of a complete puzzle where thinking up the right theme helps you complete the clues you're not sure on.

Feedback is welcome, but I guess you might like to see how the scoring system works out before commenting.

Archived