Admitting Bias

Wmarshal

• 4 weeks later...

He didn't even have to pay for any of his atrocities aside from Tysha and died on top of Westeros, where he belongs. I laugh when people say Tywin met a just fate, sure he died on the shitter but he never paid for half the shit he did and I love it.

:lol: Tywin's death on the privy was the perfect ending to his legacy, poetic justice, man. Killed by the dwarf son that he treated like shit from the day he was born, right after strangling a whore in that spiteful hypocrites bed. Don't forget to mention the funeral of Tywin Lannister (so many people were disappointed not to find gold that day.)

Sure, he didn't get his head on a spike (which would have been great), but that was such an embarrasing way to be remembered. I hope that when the series ends that Lord Tywin will be regarded as a traitor and a mass murderer.

BTW: do you realize how many bad things would not have happened, if legacy obsessed Tywin was a better father to his children (where do you think Cersei's parenting skills came from.) He was a degenerate piece of [not golden] shit who deserved to die.

When i read the books, i clearly became biased against:

-Bloodraven, the closest to a Gary Stu this story has.

-Obara, Tyene and Nym, boring cardboard clichés.

After i joined discussion forum about ASOIAF, i became biased not so much against or for characters but situations:

-For Edmure in the ''secret plan'' debacle.

-For Tywin in overall military strategy.

-Against Rhaegar in the kidnapping/eloppement situation.

-Against Ned's Handship.

-Against ''Jon never broke his vows'' camp.

-For Stannis overall rulership goals.

-Against Sansa/Catelyn doomed their familes.

-For the Tyrell subtle power gathering.

-Against the ''Renly was right in usurping'' crowd.

-For the ''Tyrion is more like Tywin'' position.

etc.

It really depends on the issue.

Since people are making lists,

Strongly for: Tyrion, Arya, Jon, Jaime, Stannis, Davos, Asha, Bran, Bronn, Barristan

Moderately for: Samwell, Margaery, Dolorous Edd, Brienne, Edmure, Gendry, Varys, Victarion, Euron, Garlan, Robb, (f)Aegon, Drogo

Moderately against: Littlefinger, Dany, Jorah, Theon, Sandor, Renly, Balon, Damphair, Melisandre, Arrianne, Robert, Daario, Harzoo (I mean Hizdahr)

Strongly Against: Cersei, Ramsay, Gregor, Tywin, Joffrey, Every Frey, Viserys

Am biased to all magnificent bastard, trust them as far as you can throw them, competent ruthless and charismatic schemers, because they are unlike real world politicians because they are competent :D So Littlefinger, Euron, Roose.

Also I am biased slightly in Cersei's favor although I really don't know, maybe it's just that rest of the forums hate her beyond measure, who knows, but I kinda like crazy bitch.

Arya also, because consensus now seems she is evil and I like her very very much and she can do whatever and I will justify it.

And lastly in contrary to above mentioned which am biased becuase I like them or find them amusing, I am hardcore biased toward Stannis because he is ideal ruler and I would give fingers of my hand to live in the country with that kind of man in charge

Am biased to all magnificent bastard, trust them as far as you can throw them, competent ruthless and charismatic schemers, because they are unlike real world politicians because they are competent :D So Littlefinger, Euron, Roose.

Also I am biased slightly in Cersei's favor although I really don't know, maybe it's just that rest of the forums hate her beyond measure, who knows, but I kinda like crazy bitch.

Arya also, because consensus now seems she is evil and I like her very very much and she can do whatever and I will justify it.

And lastly in contrary to above mentioned which am biased becuase I like them or find them amusing, I am hardcore biased toward Stannis because he is ideal ruler and I would give fingers of my hand to live in the country with that kind of man in charge

With good reason! She has done nothing unjustified as of yet. :D

I'm biased toward the Starks and against Dany. But being biased does not automatically mean being incorrect. :P

(And to be fair, a lot of my dislike for Dany is actually backlash against what I perceive to be some pretty ridiculous whitewashing and excusing of some despicable behavior.)

I'm also leery of anyone who claims that they aren't biased.

I honestly don't think anyone whitewashes Dany. In my experience, her biggest fans also happen to be her biggest critics...I'm one of them. Re-Read Projects participants being another example. :)

I'm also starting to like Darkstar, mostly because I don't understand what's so horrible with saying "I'm of the night." He's said much worse things...Exhibit A:I was weaned on venom, Dalt. Any viper takes a bite of me will rue it."

I honestly don't think anyone whitewashes Dany. In my experience, her biggest fans also happen to be her biggest critics...I'm one of them. Re-Read Projects participants being another example. :)

I'm also starting to like Darkstar, mostly because I don't understand what's so horrible with saying "I'm of the night." He's said much worse things...Exhibit A:I was weaned on venom, Dalt. Any viper takes a bite of me will rue it."

I think it's a matter of how you read it. He's not my favorite by any means, but I never really thought he was lame because when I read his lines, I imagined it presented in an almost stoic manner.

The way it seems other people interpret his lines, I think they sort of see him like JP in Grandma's Boy.

I think it's a matter of how you read it. He's not my favorite by any means, but I never really thought he was lame because when I read his lines, I imagined it presented in an almost stoic manner.

The way it seems other people interpret his lines, I think they sort of see him like JP in Grandma's Boy.

Hahaha that's exactly right :D

Haters! Haters! :fencing: On a serious note, I think it is in how you read it. I also picture him as a stoic character. Also, I bet he's set for greater things in Winds and I want to be one of those who will say, "I was his fan first!" I should probably start a fan club...and a thread...I can't wait to say I told you so when Winds is published... :smug: :ninja: :P #TeamDarkstar!

Archived