Was Ned Nissa NIssa?

OberynBlackfyre

Because Valyria and Valyrian steel were not in existence for another 3000 years, according to legends. The new Ice is 400 years old (Catelyn 2, AGOT).

:)

I think your timeline is a little iffy. If the Ice we see is 400 years old, then it was only forged RIGHT before the Doom......and Valyria had existed for about 5000-8000 years before that......so the original Ice could have easily been Valyrian steel.

I think your timeline is a little iffy. If the Ice we see is 400 years old, then it was only forged RIGHT before the Doom......and Valyria had existed for about 5000-8000 years before that......so the original Ice could have easily been Valyrian steel.

No, Valyrian shepherds found dragon eggs about 5000 years ago, no earlier. Valyrian steel is not made before that. Catelyn 2, AGOT states the history of the new Ice as 400 years -- yes, right before the doom. I suspect most of the Valyrian swords in Westeros were distributed by the Targaryens when they conquered Westeros.

No, Valyrian shepherds found dragon eggs about 5000 years ago, no earlier. Valyrian steel is not made before that. Catelyn 2, AGOT states the history of the new Ice as 400 years -- yes, right before the doom. I suspect most of the Valyrian swords in Westeros were distributed by the Targaryens when they conquered Westeros.

From the World book, the Westerlands excerpt states that merchants from Valyrian became affluent actually right before the Doom....meaning they were there before but had not actually been a common thing in the seven kingdons.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Valyrian_Freehold

5,000 years ago is when they began the war with Ghis and the Freehold was established. They had been around BEFORE that.

From the World book, the Westerlands excerpt states that merchants from Valyrian became affluent actually right before the Doom....meaning they were there before but had not actually been a common thing in the seven kingdons.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Valyrian_Freehold

5,000 years ago is when they began the war with Ghis and the Freehold was established. They had been around BEFORE that.

The Valyrian merchants are interesting, but still show that Valyrian steel was not found in Westeros until just before the Doom. Certainly the Valyrians were around before 5000 years ago, but they were simple sheep herders until they discovered dragon eggs and learned blood and fire magic. They quickly established themselves as a major power and threat to Old Ghis, beginning the wars...

The debate was whether the original Ice was made of Valyrian steel. It could not be. Valyrian sheep herders did not make steel.

If we work at it enough, we could turn AA into a Big Mac combo meal.

Okay. Fast food ALS challenge accepted.

Catelyn's blood, consumed as a sacrament, is the meal that prepares the living to become warm zombies upon their deaths (who then remain under their own power), robbing the Others of their expected legions of cold zombies and winning the battle for market share of the undead. And hope is preserved that we might "live" to see the dawn. Also, no mouths to feed during the Winter which would have starved everyone anyway.

But Nissa Nissa was a girl..

Well sure, last time it was a girl. Are you saying it has to be a girl if it needs to happen again? Why can't it be a man who gets it?

Okay. Fast food ALS challenge accepted.

Catelyn's blood, consumed as a sacrament, is the meal that prepares the living to become warm zombies upon their deaths (who then remain under their own power), robbing the Others of their expected legions of cold zombies and winning the battle for market share of the undead. And hope is preserved that we might "live" to see the dawn. Also, no mouths to feed during the Winter which would have starved everyone anyway.

I don't see fries in this. Oh wait, Mel and the fire sacrifices! I say Ned and Cat are the two beef patties. The special sauce I'm not even sure I want to know about, Theon is the pickle, and Davos provides us with the onion. Bran represents the sesame seeds because of his raven connection of course, and Dany had a bun in the oven.

• 5 months later...

IN terms of the comet being over Kings Landing, and the dragons being born at the same time, and the whole idea of AAR forging Lightbringer through the blood of his great sacrifice NIssa Nissa......could Ned have acted as that sacrifice when Ice (a valyrian sword) was used to kill Ned?

Didn't Ilyn payne use his own scythe to lop off ned's head?

Archived