TTTNE 434 : Sorry ?

N/A

For some reason the new series doesn't sound interesting to me. I only buy the books that sounds interesting but I borrow the others and for some reason no one seems to be interesting in the new series. Maybe they should had stick to the Cadeseries.

Legacy II sounds more like a small-time adventure to me, as opposed to the galaxy-wide conflict of Legacy I. A lot of people find the latter more interesting. Also, judging by the Star Wars Del Rey Facebook page and the Jedi Council forums, the reboot killed a lot of interest among long-time readers. I've read more than one post from readers who swore off the EU altogether because it wasn't canon anymore.

I hated the eagles... I hated Frodo too. And almost all hobbits. I never understood why the story can't be just about Elves and Humans and wizards and that lot. Okay, ONE hobbit. But FOUR bloody hobbits? Man...

Éowyn... meh. I don't like Éowyn.

I just like bitchy and stupid female characters with no morals and cruel and sadistic male characters with even less morals. I'm being passive aggressive and I know it. *bows and leaves the stage*

I think the albino part is a tiny bit far fetched.

I don't really mind the Hobbits, nor Eowyn, but I get where you're coming from.

Thanks for your opinion. I was wondering if the albino thing was too much. I think I'm still going with the female pirate angle though.

ETA: Of all the damn tunes in the world, I'm addicted to this one :drunk:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhfrTlFhDA4

I don't really mind the Hobbits, nor Eowyn, but I get where you're coming from.

Thanks for your opinion. I was wondering if the albino thing was too much. I think I'm still going with the female pirate angle though.

Female pirate character has potential. I liked the female pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean a lot. Not like she had more than 2 minutes of screen time...

Female pirate character has potential. I liked the female pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean a lot. Not like she had more than 2 minutes of screen time...

More like 4 hours I think :P I thought about her as well (she's the only female pirate I'm aware off) but that's not the kind of character I'm going for. Basically what I had in mind was this: she steals exclusively from the rich, and divides the spoils fairly among her crew. When she attacks a ship, she always leaves 1 survivor: this person is tasked to go back to where he came from, and tell everyone that Cavana Barradis (the pirate, loosely named after the piranha and the barracuda) has struck again. The character greatly enjoys being feared, but she's also very pragmatic and reasonable. If there's no reason NOT to hurt you, however... then you have to look out.

More like 4 hours I think :P I thought about her as well (she's the only female pirate I'm aware off) but that's not the kind of character I'm going for. Basically what I had in mind was this: she steals exclusively from the rich, and divides the spoils fairly among her crew. When she attacks a ship, she always leaves 1 survivor: this person is tasked to go back to where he came from, and tell everyone that Cavana Barradis (the pirate, loosely named after the piranha and the barracuda) has struck again. The character greatly enjoys being feared, but she's also very pragmatic and reasonable. If there's no reason NOT to hurt you, however... then you have to look out.

Robin Hobb writes a whore turned female pirate called Etta. Very different to your hypothetical character, but very interesting. She also writes Kennit, who, despite being a psychotic nut,.does some admirable things (although for purely selfish reasons) like freeing slaves and giving them the slave ships to become pirates themselves. I suppose your character is a little bit like those two combined, with some Robin Hood thrown into the mix

:lmao: I love the name.

If I was writing this character, she'd be a psychic bitch :D But the concept seems original enough, most pirates aren't very pragmatic or reasonable. Just don't kill her in the end :D

Robin Hobb writes a whore turned female pirate called Etta. Very different to your hypothetical character, but very interesting. She also writes Kennit, who, despite being a psychotic nut,.does some admirable things (although for purely selfish reasons) like freeing slaves and giving them the slave ships to become pirates themselves. I suppose your character is a little bit like those two combined, with some Robin Hood thrown into the mix

Those sound like good characters. I haven't gotten around to reading Hobb yet, but I suspect I'll like her books.

:lmao: I love the name.

If I was writing this character, she'd be a psychic bitch :D But the concept seems original enough, most pirates aren't very pragmatic or reasonable. Just don't kill her in the end :D

Thanks.

No promises :P

I like psychic bitches as much as the next guy, but I suspect I'd find it hard to make a PB stand out from the hordes of PBs that already exist.

Hello all and goodnight!

I'd post more but right now I'm an emotional wreck, nobody gives a damn and I'll end up saying shit I don't really wanna say.

This thread was mentioned elsewhere so I came to check it out

Valar Morghulis ladies and lords, knights, squires and w.e

Hello all and goodnight!

I'd post more but right now I'm an emotional wreck, nobody gives a damn and I'll end up saying shit I don't really wanna say.

Valar Dohaeris.

And welcome, Nymeria10k. :cheers:

Do come around more often! =o)

i have something for you on this character , not a pirate but you'll love it and can use it. maybe PM tomorrow ?

Hello Nymeria. You're not the only wreck around here, and most of us definitely do give a damn. Don't be afraid to speak up or PM me if you need someone to talk to.

In any case, (assuming this is your first time, welcome to TTTNE! :cheers:

i have something for you on this character , not a pirate but you'll love it and can use it. maybe PM tomorrow ?

Great! I'm looking forward to it :)

Hello all and goodnight!

Greetings :cheers:

Feel free to share your problems if you want to. We are a friendly bunch here (even the Black Bear...right? :whip: :whip: )

So....I had a strange dream last night. All I vaguely remember is that my biodad was there belittling my mom and I was sent to get more alcoholic beverages. I hunted around the bar to find the pumpkin brew in 8 oz cans that my oldest brother was hiding from me. When I returned, everyone was older and I was suddenly on a dance floor VERY HAPPY, but I could hear them talking about me...and they said 'Poor thing...if she only knew that with every dance came Death'.

So I am of two minds in interpreting this dream...the Danse Macabre (All Men Must Die) or death=change.

Sorry...I don't usually ask for this kind of advice, but this summer has been turbulent with change in all of my aspects. I would like to know what those that hear from me daily think :)

Thanks for the warm reply :)

Well I hate to be negative on my first day here but there really is little for me to be happy about right now. However if I want things to change then sitting around moping isn't gonna change my life, I need to work hard for that.

Also, I don't have friends, and sometimes that makes me sad and makes me wonder why I don't. Anyway it's 12am and I need my beauty sleep so see y'all later :)

Well I hate to be negative on my first day here but there really is little for me to be happy about right now. However if I want things to change then sitting around moping isn't gonna change my life, I need to work hard for that.

Also, I don't have friends, and sometimes that makes me sad and makes me wonder why I don't. Anyway it's 12am and I need my beauty sleep so see y'all later :)

You have the right attitude, I think. Good night!

Those sound like good characters. I haven't gotten around to reading Hobb yet, but I suspect I'll like her books.

Thanks.

No promises :P

I like psychic bitches as much as the next guy, but I suspect I'd find it hard to make a PB stand out from the hordes of PBs that already exist.

I know, it's not easy to write a genuine and original PB. Can't wait to see this pirate lady of yours. Even her funeral :P

Hello all and goodnight!

Welcome, Nymeria! :cheers:

I know, it's not easy to write a genuine and original PB. Can't wait to see this pirate lady of yours. Even her funeral :P

I doubt there'll be enough left of her body to hold a funeral :lol:

Seriously though, I don't know whether she'll survive or not. She's a recurring character, I could go either way and it wouldn't affect the plot. Maybe if let me win the next race I'll let her live :P

You are right...sitting around and moping will won't change your life.

But being here will. We are all friends and we care about each other. Some of us have met in person; some of us have met in soul. This is a place where we meet and learn to care about each other. We provide encouragement and support to all members. If you have posted here, then you belong you and we will wait for you to open up. If you never come again, then that is OK as well.

I doubt there'll be enough left of her body to hold a funeral :lol:

Seriously though, I don't know whether she'll survive or not. She's a recurring character, I could go either way and it wouldn't affect the plot. Maybe if let me win the next race I'll let her live :P

Never! :fencing: I still owe you revenge :devil:

So....I had a strange dream last night. All I vaguely remember is that my biodad was there belittling my mom and I was sent to get more alcoholic beverages. I hunted around the bar to find the pumpkin brew in 8 oz cans that my oldest brother was hiding from me. When I returned, everyone was older and I was suddenly on a dance floor VERY HAPPY, but I could hear them talking about me...and they said 'Poor thing...if she only knew that with every dance came Death'.

So I am of two minds in interpreting this dream...the Danse Macabre (All Men Must Die) or death=change.

Sorry...I don't usually ask for this kind of advice, but this summer has been turbulent with change in all of my aspects. I would like to know what those that hear from me daily think :)

You can take it literally: Life is a dance; you enjoy it more when you don't obsess over the end of it.

Welcome! And you seem to have to right attitude about change. It's hard, especially when things are bad (I know this very well) but possible.

Archived