Arianne and her betrayal?

Fireandblood94

I thought it was purple. Like so: Darkstar :idea:

ETA: With the whole purple = night and I am of the night.

Purple is more appropriate :P But I just clicked on the first colour, so pink will have to do :P

This is a tricky one. I refuse to believe it was one of those randoms, but Douchestar wanted to kill Myrcella from the start, not give her back to Doran.

Could be that Arys did it and then he killed himself (with Hotah's ax) but in the first draft of the book he survived and got arrested.

Myrcella didn't know the specifics of where they were going and neither did her handmaiden

I'm tempted to say it was Varys who told Doran to win his trust in advance, but I think Douchestar works for him and a dead Myrcella suited their purposes better than a live one

Darkstar of the cotton candy! That's usually pink.

Perfect :lol: I only said rose because it was the first pink thing that sprang to mind (since I can see them from my window)

Do we get a cookie each time we write Darkstar?

Candy floss would be more appropriate :p

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm re- reading AFFC and was wondering who ye think betrayed Arianne to Prince Doran about her plan to crown Myrcella?

This has been asked before, and I think the answer I gave was Arys Oakheart. His vows, his guilt, may have driven him to it. He gives Arianne one last (hurt) look and charges into his death.

Other possibilities are Garin (who seems the sort to turn informant if under pressure), and Darkstar.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the Winds of Winter she finds out each of them contributed, in their own way, one after another, to the plan being leaked. Most likely unintentionally, just... as some other posters have said, it seems to be a very chatty crowd.

I interesting, about Arys as well. Would you happen to know of any summaries of such readings from Feast and Dance?

Feast, I'll have to look for it. Dance is here in the board:

Jon says, 'Take him to the wall.' He thinks, 'I could send him away somewhere else, but if I send him to east watch, he'll come back to cause trouble.'

'Take him to the wall,' Jon says, 'and hang him.'

Slynt freaks, yelling, struggling, kicking as they throw him into the cage and start lifting. 'I have friends, if Tywin Lannister were alive you would never...' His voice fades away as he is lifted to the top. The rope they found was a hundred feet long but the wall is seven hundred feet tall. They hear his neck crack as he hits the end of the rope.

Jon glances back at Stannis. Stannis nods, then turns and goes back inside.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/27418-pre-adwd-spoilers-jon-3-but-actually-jon-1/

Jon says, 'Take him to the wall.' He thinks, 'I could send him away somewhere else, but if I send him to east watch, he'll come back to cause trouble.'

Slynt freaks, yelling, struggling, kicking as they throw him into the cage and start lifting. 'I have friends, if Tywin Lannister were alive you would never...' His voice fades away as he is lifted to the top. The rope they found was a hundred feet long but the wall is seven hundred feet tall. They hear his neck crack as he hits the end of the rope.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/27418-pre-adwd-spoilers-jon-3-but-actually-jon-1/

Well, considering "Edd, fetch me a block." is mentioned by quite a few people as their single, most favourite line in the series, I think The George made a good decision in that.

Cool! Awesome, thanks :D

Thanks, that's some cool Inside Baseball.

Well, considering "Edd, fetch me a block." is mentioned by quite a few people as their single, most favourite line in the series, I think The George made a good decision in that.

Well it was a changed that fans asked for, if I understand correctly :)

ETA: I wonder, do we have a Feast for Crows archives somewhere?

I was just thinking about this the other day and I think it was Arys. Part of pulling that suicide move was so Arianne wouldn't know that he was the one who sold her out, that he chose duty over her love.

Granted part of the reason I think this is because I really really want that Lannister cousin to be the one who got Darkstar's sword in the head, and it would be difficult to have switched the girls without Arys' knowledge.

Archived