Arianne and her betrayal?

Fireandblood94

I was just thinking about this the other day and I think it was Arys. Part of pulling that suicide move was so Arianne wouldn't know that he was the one who sold her out, that he chose duty over her love.

Granted part of the reason I think this is because I really really want that Lannister cousin to be the one who got Darkstar's sword in the head, and it would be difficult to have switched the girls without Arys' knowledge.

Arys pulled a Death by Cop?

It might just be me, but I find the idea that Doran was conspiring with Darkstar to kill Myrcella slightly offensive.

Arys pulled a Death by Cop?

It might just be me, but I find the idea that Doran was conspiring with Darkstar to kill Myrcella slightly offensive.

I personally believe that Darkstar was Doran's spy on Arianne. However, Darkstar went rogue and tried to kill Myrcella instead of just handing her over, as Doran had planned.

I was just thinking about this the other day and I think it was Arys. Part of pulling that suicide move was so Arianne wouldn't know that he was the one who sold her out, that he chose duty over her love.

Granted part of the reason I think this is because I really really want that Lannister cousin to be the one who got Darkstar's sword in the head, and it would be difficult to have switched the girls without Arys' knowledge.

Wait what? Switched the girls? When? You mean the girl who pretended to be Myrcella, so Myrcella could sneak out? Arys arranged that switch.

So what switch are you talking about?

Wait what? Switched the girls? When? You mean the girl who pretended to be Myrcella, so Myrcella could sneak out? Arys arranged that switch.

So what switch are you talking about?

If I understand Lady Blizzardborn correctly (and I might not, so don't take my.word for this) she(I assume she, from the name) thinks/hopes that the girl with Arriane who was savaged was actually Rosamund, and.Myrcella's ear/face is perfectly in tact. Which would mean the two had been swapped before Arys left to meet Arriane, meaning he was the one who blabbed to Doran.

Like I say, I could be misinterpreting the post.

If I understand Lady Blizzardborn correctly (and I might not, so don't take my.word for this) she(I assume she, from the name) thinks/hopes that the girl with Arriane who was savaged was actually Rosamund, and.Myrcella's ear/face is perfectly in tact. Which would mean the two had been swapped before Arys left to meet Arriane, meaning he was the one who blabbed to Doran.

(in the case that you interpreted correctly :) )

Wouldn't Arianne spot the difference between the two girls immediately?

Well, the only reason Doran let Arianne out of jail is because she had such a strong relationship with Myrcella that she could convince her to do anything, like lie to Ser Balon, her mother, the High Septon, her brother the King...

That kind of relationship implies that Arianne would be able to tell Myrcella from a random cousin who is also blonde. Even in the dark.

I doubt Arys told Doran because explaining to him how he knows about Mycella-gate would require him telling Doran that he was boning his daughter. And he think Arys would rather jump off the Spear Tower onto some pointy rocks than do that.

That's entirely correct!

No, because it was dark when they left and later the ladies were all veiled because of the heat and the sand. Plus by the time everything went south Arianne was too focused on Arys and herself to notice.

My money's on Spotted Sylva. Her "punishment" is having to get married to a guy who's going to die soon anyway. It's a punishment such that it looks convincing that she was punished, yet it's very much temporary given Estermont's age.

It's also possible that no one blabbed and Doran figured it out for himself.

That's entirely correct!

No, because it was dark when they left and later the ladies were all veiled because of the heat and the sand. Plus by the time everything went south Arianne was too focused on Arys and herself to notice.

No. It may have been dark and Arianne may have been a little myopic about her boy toy, but they spend quite some time sitting around a campfire telling stories and POV Arianne mentions Myrcella facial expressions several times. It was Myrcella, dudes.

No. It may have been dark and Arianne may have been a little myopic about her boy toy, but they spend quite some time sitting around a campfire telling stories and POV Arianne mentions Myrcella facial expressions several times. It was Myrcella, dudes.

When was the last time you sat around a campfire? The light is far from perfect and throws a ton of shadows.

I think GRRM mentioned somewhere. He often changes stuff after readings

For example, Janos Slynt was hanged, not beheaded. He later changed it after hearing that it would be better for Jon to pass the sentence

Yup. This one in particular harkens back to one of Sansa's AGOT or maybe ACOK chapters. Seeing Janos Slynt (man who helped with Ned's execution) grinning, Sansa wished there was some hero who could chop off his head.

For some reason, which I have about nothing to support myself with, I have some feeling it was one of the ladies that knew about the plan that tipped off Doran.

I believe that the betrayer was Arienne and her multiple personality disorder. Dorkstar is one of her personalities and she tried to kill Myrcella. But people say that I'm always coming up with crackpot theories, so don't quote me on this.

So Arianne does in essence not only have multiple personalities but she also inhabits multiple bodies?

Archived