Who is Tommen's heir?

Salafi Stannis

If Tommen dies, who inherits the IT, Stannis or Myrcella? Obviously Stannis is the rightful king, but only a handful of people know that, and we know that in this case brothers come before daughters, as Renly said he was fourth in line, behind Joffrey, Tommen and Stannis, with Myrcella not being mentioned. But I don't think they would hand the IT to a supposed traitor and rebel. So what would happen?

If Tommen dies, who inherits the IT, Stannis or Myrcella? We know that in this case brothers come before daughters, as Renly said he was fourth in line, behind Joffrey, Tommen and Stannis, with Myrcella not being mentioned. But I don't think they would hand the IT to a supposed traitor and rebel. So what would happen?

Probably Myrcella but if she dies then the IT has to pass to Stannis and if he dies too,to Shireen.If she also dies then the IT passes to cadet branches of House Baratheon.Hope i made my self clear :D

Assuming sisters inherit before male uncles/cousins and the removal of Baratheons from claim: Myrcella

The interesting part is who Myrcella's heir is. Lannister or Florent? Tyrell or Martell? Cersei?

They'd have to find another non-attainted Baratheon-line claimant, or else hold another council to determine who would succeed her. The Lannisters, Tyrells and Florents would have no claim because they aren't Baratheons, they only married into the Baratheons. The Martells could plausibly make a claim based on being Targaryens, but then that defeats the purpose of the Baratheons being the royal house. However, the Martells might be the next-best relation to the Baratheons, too. You'd just have to examine the family tree.

They'd have to find another non-attainted Baratheon-line claimant, or else hold another council to determine who would succeed her. The Lannisters, Tyrells and Florents would have no claim because they aren't Baratheons, they only married into the Baratheons. The Martells could plausibly make a claim based on being Targaryens, but then that defeats the purpose of the Baratheons being the royal house. However, the Martells might be the next-best relation to the Baratheons, too. You'd just have to examine the family tree.

Which is what makes it so interesting. Run out of Baratheons and we're left with a bunch of families married into the Baratheons, and a few outliers who married into the Targs generations ago. Gets to the point where paper claims start looking pretty weak in the face of "Accept me as king or I'll stab your face".

Wouldn't the bastards have a claim in such a case? I mean, Ramsay was Roose's heir before he was legitimized, so wouldn't it work the same way for the Iron Throne?

Ramsay wasn't Roose's heir before he was legitimized; hence, why legitimization was necessary.

Wouldn't the bastards have a claim in such a case? I mean, Ramsay was Roose's heir before he was legitimized, so wouldn't it work the same way for the Iron Throne?

Their claim would be worth diddly unless a powerful lord wanted to use them as a figurehead for gaining more power and even then probably only Edric.

The Tyrells would probably oppose him because of his Florent connection.

Ramsay wasn't Roose's heir before he was legitimized; hence, why legitimization was necessary.

From the wiki:

A bastard may inherit if the father has no other trueborn children nor any other likely kin to follow him.

Two years prior to the beginning of the War of the Five Kings, Roose Bolton brought Ramsay to the Dreadfort and made him his heir as Roose had no other sons, trueborn or otherwise.

I think the legitimization just cements their status, but I guess they do can inherit

ETA: Ramsay is not the only case. Daemon Sand is also the heir of House Allyrion

From the wiki:

A bastard may inherit if the father has no other trueborn children nor any other likely kin to follow him.

Two years prior to the beginning of the War of the Five Kings, Roose Bolton brought Ramsay to the Dreadfort and made him his heir as Roose had no other sons, trueborn or otherwise.

I think the legitimization just cements their status, but I guess they do can inherit

ETA: Ramsay is not the only case. Daemon Sand is also the heir of House Allyrion

To go even further, Rolland Storm is considered by the Iron Throne a pretender to the Nightsong and the Marches, because he's the only known member of House Caron left after his brother dies at the battle of the Blackwater. Had Stannis won, Rolland would have out and out inherited those titles (and could very well be considered Lord of Nightsong and the Marches under Stannis anyway).

To go even further, Rolland Storm is considered by the Iron Throne a pretender to the Nightsong and the Marches, because he's the only known member of House Caron left after his brother dies at the battle of the Blackwater. Had Stannis won, Rolland would have out and out inherited those titles (and could very well be considered Lord of Nightsong and the Marches under Stannis anyway).

Which means Edric Storm could very well pick up the good fight, should Stannis and Shireen die

Archived