Michael Brown shooting and civil unrest Goes Forth

Lord Flashheart

You seem to be missing the point.

The criticism isn't that the sports fans ought not to have been annoyed when their event was disrupted. Rather, the complaint is about the vile racist shit that came out of their mouths and actions after they felt annoyed.

I think even you need to agree that there are non-racist ways to express annoyance, yes? Compare that reaction to the reaction of the crowd at the symphony to see the difference.

You seem to be missing the point.

The criticism isn't that the sports fans ought not to have been annoyed when their event was disrupted. Rather, the complaint is about the vile racist shit that came out of their mouths and actions after they felt annoyed.

I think even you need to agree that there are non-racist ways to express annoyance, yes? Compare that reaction to the reaction of the crowd at the symphony to see the difference.

I think your missing the point, these protesters are barking up the wrong tree. And they prove to be as vile as the fans you have a problem with. At most, I witnessed three people being racist. The blonde white woman is just an idiot... Period. But to lump all those fans as being racist is just not accurate. I'm sorry, chanting Darren Wilson is not racist. You may not like it but it's not racist.

I think your missing the point, these protesters are barking up the wrong tree. And they prove to be as vile as the fans you have a problem with. At most, I witnessed three people being racist. The blonde white woman is just an idiot... Period. But to lump all those fans as being racist is just not accurate. I'm sorry, chanting Darren Wilson is not racist. You may not like it but it's not racist.

Based on the racist responses it seems they were barking up the very right tree. Chanting Darren Wilson IS racist. There's no other reason to support a cop who shoots an unarmed teenager besides race. You may not like it (it may say a lot about yourself), but it is.

Based on the racist responses it seems they were barking up the very right tree. Chanting Darren Wilson IS racist. There's no other reason to support a cop who shoots an unarmed teenager besides race.

Do you realize the wrong that saturates this post!?

First sentence: No. Just no. Demonstrate where it is relevant to the subject of the demonstration. These fans are not relevant to the case in any way.

Second sentence: Chanting someone's name is not racist... Are you kidding me? If I didn't know better already, I'd call you ridiculous. If chanting a name is racist, the protesters are equally guilty. Does that make sense, yeah neither do you.

Third sentence: one of the white guys you're labeling a racist says the same thing when asked by a protester if he supports Darren Wilson.

First sentence: No. Just no. Demonstrate where it is relevant to the subject of the demonstration.

Someone else who apparently has zero grasp on the history of civil disobedience in this country.

Pretty classic tptwp while defending racists is also trying to dictate how someone can protest police brutality and institutionalized racism as well.

Second sentence: Chanting someone's name is not racist

The guy is "famous" for shooting an unarmed black teenager to death. That's the only reason these people know his name.

You truly believe that a crowd of white people chanting that name at a crowd of black people has no racist overtones to it at all?

Someone else who apparently has zero grasp on the history of civil disobedience in this country.

Pretty classic someone defending racists is trying to dictate where and how someone can protest police brutality and institutionalized racism as well.

It would be a better idea to me to demonstrate where people influential to the case can witness the demonstration. To protest near a bunch of fans who just want to watch a game tells me they just want to agitate. And I never said the can't protest there, it's just stupid. How am I defending racism again?

Do you realize the wrong that saturates this post!?

First sentence: No. Just no. Demonstrate where it is relevant to the subject of the demonstration. These fans are not relevant to the case in any way.

Second sentence: Chanting someone's name is not racist... Are you kidding me? If I didn't know better already, I'd call you ridiculous. If chanting a name is racist, the protesters are equally guilty. Does that make sense, yeah neither do you.

Third sentence: one of the white guys you're labeling a racist says the same thing when asked by a protester if he supports Darren Wilson.

Not as much as how wrong your post is.

A large number of people in a single spot is relevant to ANY demonstration. I don't understand how you don't get that. And their responses show it to be very relevant to what they are protesting, which is police brutality driven by racial relations.

Second, chanting someone's name absolutely can be racist. It's about context. Chanting Darren Wilson when he's a 3rd basemen up to bat is not racist. Chanting Darren Wilson during a protest of police brutality brought on by race by a bunch of white people to a bunch of black people protesting absolutely is racist. I'm sorry if you can't grasp that context matters.

Third, if a guy is chanting Darren Wilson, why would he turn around and say he doesn't support him. That guy doesn't make sense, much like you.

The guy is "famous" for shooting an unarmed black teenager to death. That's the only reason these people know his name.

You truly believe that a crowd of white people chanting that name at a crowd of black people has no racist overtones to it at all?

The protesters are annoying fans with a pointless message. The fans chant Darren Wilson to annoy the protesters. That's not racist, that's two groups of people trying to get the best of one another. Keep trying if you'd like though, it's pretty amusing

It would be a better idea to me to demonstrate where people influential to the case can witness the demonstration. To protest near a bunch of fans who just want to watch a game tells me they just want to agitate. And I never said the can't protest there, it's just stupid. How am I defending racism again?

They aren't protesting to influence the case. This isn't about one case, it's about institutionalized racism and the police brutality that follows that.

And you've been defending racism every chance you can. But I'm sure you're not a racist because you know black people.

The protesters are annoying fans with a pointless message. The fans chant Darren Wilson to annoy the protesters. That's not racist, that's two groups of people trying to get the best of one another. Keep trying if you'd like though, it's pretty amusing

Yes, institutionalized racism and police brutality are a 'pointless message'. Yep, no racist overtones there.

God forbid someone upset about something agitates someone else. That'd be rude.

You don't give a damn about whether they're "stupid" or if it were a "better idea" to protest elsewhere, so you can drop that charade. If they were in front of a police station you'd claim they were potentially restricting police business. And here's another problem. They're not just protesting police shooting unarmed black teens with alarming regularity. They're protesting the entire social and legal framework that lets the police officer seemingly do that with impunity. Because lets be honest, the problem isn't the police here. Its our entire society. So. Protesters are protesting societal and institutional racism. Where would you suggest they protest the bolded?

They aren't protesting to influence the case. This isn't about one case, it's about institutionalized racism and the police brutality that follows that.

And you've been defending racism every chance you can. But I'm sure you're not a racist because you know black people.

If that's the case, why not take the protest to, you know, the police department. Where it was initially.... And no facts I see, way to back up your position there. You're so credible

You don't give a damn about whether they're "stupid" or if it were a "better idea" to protest elsewhere, so you can drop that charade. If they were in front of a police station you'd claim they were potentially restricting police business. And here's another problem. They're not just protesting police shooting unarmed black teens with alarming regularity. They're protesting the entire social and legal framework that lets the police officer seemingly do that with impunity. Because lets be honest, the problem isn't the police here. Its our entire society. So. Protesters are protesting societal and institutional racism. Where would you suggest they protest the bolded?

So society killed Michael Brown... Wait I thought that was Darren Wilson? Make up your mind... So one man is no longer the culprit, it's all white people... You guys are starting to sound.... well, racist really

Maybe this is where our disagreement comes in. If they were protesting racism in society then a ball game is as good as anywhere else to do that, I suppose. However if you watch the clip they are chanting about Micheal Brown. It seems pretty clear this was a protest about that. That is where my super controversial statement about protesting the actual people you are protesting, rather than just protesting random things.

Archived