Michael Brown shooting and civil unrest Goes Forth

Lord Flashheart

If that's the case, why not take the protest to, you know, the police department. Where it was initially.... And no facts I see, way to back up your position there. You're so credible

They have been. Everyday there are people there protesting and the police dept continues to try and stifle and illegally disperse the protesters. It's obvious that the local leadership is hoping this all goes away. Since they can't get action on that end why not go to an event that has national coverage to remind the rest of the country that nothing has changed in Ferguson. They also get the added benefit of exposing racist jackoffs in the Cardinals fan base. That is a win in my book.

There is no reverse racism. Just racism.

You went to, and came back from, work remarkably quickly.

And, no. You're still willfully failing to understand. "The institutions of this country are typically biased in favor of white individuals" is not the same as "all/most white people are racist."

Crap link as well as crap thoughts! Points. I know what ace meant by institutionalized racism. White people are racist.

That's not what institutionalized racism means.

But don't let that bother you. You're doing very well getting angry at it. Keep going.

I feel like we are playing a guessing game at this point. Something tells me that if you would have asked those protesters on the way to the ball game "What are you going to protest?" they would have responded "Micheal Brown's killing". When they got the response they got it turned into something bigger, but I don't think that was the intention. I could be wrong.

So MB's killing was done in a vacuum? There are not overtones of police brutality, institutionalized racism. unjust police killings, and no punishment so far for committing such an act? None of those matter because people might say they are protesting MB's killing?

They have been. Everyday there are people there protesting and the police dept continues to try and stifle and illegally disperse the protesters. It's obvious that the local leadership is hoping this all goes away. Since they can't get action on that end why not go to an event that has national coverage to remind the rest of the country that nothing has changed in Ferguson. They also get the added benefit of exposing racist jackoffs in the Cardinals fan base. That is a win in my book.

Who were the racist jackoffs? I counted three. Out of how many? I'm glad you consider their protest a win but I think you're in the minority on that one. If anything, it once again shows these protesters don't know how to it properly.

I know what it means, it's a theory that the system is stacked against black people. And in this theory who is responsible for stacking the system?

Our Revered Founding Fathers, who encoded slavery and the value of a black person as 3/5 that of a white person, into our nation's founding document.

The wealthy elites of the pre-Civil War South, who used violence and terror to subjugate the slaves who vastly outnumbered them, and formulated pernicious attitudes and myths about the inherent violence and worthlessness of black lives to justify their economic position.

And a whole lot more.

America has an Original Sin. It's still fucking over our society to this day. If you can't acknowledge the deck is stacked against black people because of America's historical crimes, I don't know what else there is to say.

It's like some people believe that only peiple in Ferguson are racist, or that institutionalized racism stops at the city borders of Ferguson, or that there aren't similar acts of racist police actions against black Americans outside of Ferguson.

Must be nice to think that racism comes in this small, contained, individually-wrapped packages.

Our Revered Founding Fathers, who encoded slavery and the value of a black person as 3/5 that of a white person, into our nation's founding document.

The wealthy elites of the pre-Civil War South, who used violence and terror to subjugate the slaves who vastly outnumbered them, and formulated pernicious attitudes and myths about the inherent violence and worthlessness of black lives to justify their economic position.

And a whole lot more.

America has an Original Sin. It's still fucking over our society to this day. If you can't acknowledge the deck is stacked against black people because of America's historical crimes, I don't know what else there is to say.

Nothing, I've heard enough from you! And while you're sulking in the corner, you may want to find a new calendar. Preferably one that has 2014 on it! Are you seriously going back to the founding... Seriously.

It's like some people believe that only peiple in Ferguson are racist, or that institutionalized racism stops at the city borders of Ferguson, or that there aren't similar acts of racist police actions against black Americans outside of Ferguson.

Must be nice to think that racism comes in this small, contained, individually-wrapped packages.

No I just believe that in any circumstance the facts should be evaluated before racist claims are made. You know, like most rational people. It must be terrible to think racism is the reason we don't float out into space instead of gravity. What a horrible and scary life you must lead....

Archived