Michael Brown shooting and civil unrest Goes Forth

Lord Flashheart

And by everything, I mean everything.

Indeed. Unfortunately they're not making it easy.

A critical form was never filed at all, while others are kept out of public sight, hidden behind dubious bureaucratic procedures and exorbitant and apparently arbitrary fees that seem to have been put in place with the sole purpose of keeping the details of the incident on Canfield Drive a secret.

If transparency is meant to be the foundation on which Ferguson's mostly white officials and police hope to rebuild their relationship with their disillusioned and mostly black constituency, the relationship's prospects aren't looking so great.

Rioting is one of the most fundamental tools that citizens have in the face of gross, insurmountable injustice. It is what the 2nd Amendment is intended to enable, not so that people can carry a loaded hunting rifle to get food at Taco Bell. If the governing body proves itself to be inacapable of rendering a just solution when given a chance, then the citizens absolutely has the right, and moral oblgiation, to take to the streets.

Rioting is one of the most fundamental tools that citizens have in the face of gross, insurmountable injustice. It is what the 2nd Amendment is intended to enable, not so that people can carry a loaded hunting rifle to get food at Taco Bell. If the governing body proves itself to be inacapable of rendering a just solution when given a chance, then the citizens absolutely has the right, and moral oblgiation, to take to the streets.

I think I agree with you but the problem then becomes determining when that's okay. I mean, I'm sure Cliven Bundy & co thought that they were doing exactly that [fulfilling a moral obligation.]

Doesn't seem like the militarization of police is going away anytime soon...

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Feds-Grant-Armored-Vehicle-to-SDUSD-Police-274549721.html

Cops acting, looking, performing like Soldiers -- not just silly but counter-productive. You know this; I know this; the power-holders know this -- so why is this allowed? Hearsay is that Homeland's biggest threat is the disgruntled Soldier returning from deployment, disillusioned by the politician.

Cops acting, looking, performing like Soldiers -- not just silly but counter-productive. You know this; I know this; the power-holders know this -- so why is this allowed? Hearsay is that Homeland's biggest threat is the disgruntled Soldier returning from deployment, disillusioned by the politician.

So the militarization is incase returning soldiers start an armed revolt?

So the militarization is incase returning soldiers start an armed revolt?

No, I don't think so... militarization would occur with or without a (rumored) threat of a disgruntled Soldier or two. That said -- I ask again -- why is the militarization being allowed? Cops aren't supposed to be warfighters.

Hahahaha -- if I was a cop, serving and protecting the civilian population, and the local authorities required me to wear a helmet, body armor, combat boots, and a rifle -- I'd be so fucking embarrassed I'd resign. I'd feel like a power-tripping muppet.

Yeah, shitty, but why are the protesting at a Cardinals game again?

Because the point of a protest is to get people's attention and there will be a lot of people/media coverage there?

Overall, I don't really hold it against Cardinals fans if they want to yell "Let's Go Cardinals" to drown out the protesters. After all, they paid money to attend a sporting event, not a rally. But the rest of it is pretty loathsome.

Because the point of a protest is to get people's attention and there will be a lot of people/media coverage there?

Overall, I don't really hold it against Cardinals fans if they want to yell "Let's Go Cardinals" to drown out the protesters. After all, they paid money to attend a sporting event, not a rally. But the rest of it is pretty loathsome.

I think trying to drown out the protesters with "Let's Go Cardinals" would be... fair. Not admirable, but yeah, I couldn't really hold it against them.

It takes a special kind of dickhead to tape an "I am Darren Wilson" card to the back of your jersey. Not to mention the vile shit the fans in the video are spouting.

Yeah, shitty, but why are the protesting at a Cardinals game again?

Yeah, who in their right mind would protest at one of the biggest events in the county? Everyone knows that the best protests are done when nobody sees you protesting. They should have done it at the library or something.

Archived