True Detective X - Bring Ginger Into Your Heart (Season One spoilers, Season Two speculation / casting)

SpaceChampion

• 3 weeks later...

The Sad Gingers are ruining the thread.

Nice ref. :bowdown:

Wait.

This implies that there are rabid gingers?

Hey! Maybe this has already been mentioned but I just found out what happened to Ginger! He definitely landed on his feet! He's now an enforcer for a drug kingpin in New York. :D

no. Ginger was killed and dumped in a ditch. His carcass was then eaten by vultures and fire ants. His bones washed away in a flash flood in the spring and now reside in the bottom of the bayou. It is known.

no. Ginger was killed and dumped in a ditch. His carcass was then eaten by vultures and fire ants. His bones washed away in a flash flood in the spring and now reside in the bottom of the bayou. It is known.

Yeah, no. That's not what happened at all, and if you would stop eating frogs long enough to pay attention to your surroundings and the valuable insights of your fellow humans, you would know this.

Ginger is very much alive.

I'm actually disappointed that there won't be the secret occult history of the California transportation system.

Maybe now we won't get overwhelmed with outlandish theories this season. I'm fine with a more character driven show. At it's core that's what made season 1 great anyway.

I think some of the people that were dissapointed with the ending will at least know what they're getting based on NP comments.

I'm actually disappointed that there won't be the secret occult history of the California transportation system.

Heh, I always felt that was kind of a joke. I just wanted a certain, potentially supernatural wrongness at the edge of everything. Seems like we'll be getting something like that in the general atmosphere so I can live with it.

I can see why he would want to move in a slightly different direction from Season 1, and I get that the 'gothic atmosphere' was unique to the Louisiana location.

I'm eager to see what he does with California, though. There's a lot of very cool history to the state and Los Angeles in particular.

I can see why he would want to move in a slightly different direction from Season 1, and I get that the 'gothic atmosphere' was unique to the Louisiana location.

I'm eager to see what he does with California, though. There's a lot of very cool history to the state and Los Angeles in particular.

Yeah the geographic - looks for right word - energy(?) influencing the narrative was one of the strongest points of the show. That's a better way of saying what I was trying to get at - it doesn't have to be supernatural it just has to feel like the the setting is, in some sense, a character in its own right.

Archived