Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

It's possible that D&D (like me) didn't pick up on her old age in their reading and assumed she was young enough that they don't need to bother with setting an age cap in the casting call. And then Meena aced the audition, and she's around 30. So possible.

It's also possible that D&D want to sex her up a bit and had a younger actress cast.

George is executive producer, any character they introduce pretty much goes through him, so they wont mess up any character details in their reading. They deliberately change details for the show.

Once again the Northern characters(who are the most interesting) and Iron born are being left out. For how many sand snakes and other names nobody will be able to remember???

I at least hope that they're holding the Ironborn back because the news would be a major turn off for many Unsullied fans who think they're boring. They're probably announcing the Dornish characters because so many people fell in love with Oberyn, and because they're the least spoilery ones.

I don't think that figures into their casting announcements. It's more that they cast those characters then and haven't cast the others yet since their scenes will be shot later on.

Also I don't think that many Unsullied follow casting announcements and the like quite so fervently as we do here.

Thanks Konradsmith for the pictures you've posted on WotW, especially that one :

http://i.imgur.com/dhfX8bb.png

Snow in the godswood ! Yay ! Means we're gonna have at least one godswood scene next season (I hope for at least Theon's confession and a few more) and there is snow ! I really hope the whole castle will be covered by it next season !

Thanks Konradsmith for the pictures you've posted on WotW, especially that one :

Snow in the godswood ! Yay ! Means we're gonna have at least one godswood scene next season (I hope for at least Theon's confession and a few more) and there is snow ! I really hope the whole castle will be covered by it next season !

Ha, I was just yet about to post the same, many thanks, Konradsmith, for the pics on WotW, and Yaaaaaaaaaay, Winterfell's Weirwood Tree! Now I really can't wait for the most heartbreaking scene. And also, Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, fake snow in the background, gimme more, gimme more!

I'm certain we'll get the Theon confession at the weirwood scene because Alfie actually alluded to it in the Spring in an interview. It was the one where the interview was really grilling him for spoiler info (cruelly IMO, because she knew his past of being loose-lipped and he looked REALLY uncomfortable throughout it) and she asked him if there was any scene upcoming that he was looking forward to shooting. He said "the confession tree" which leads me to believe it's a scene that he knows about from D and D telling him about rather than through book foreknowledge. If he'd read ADWD he would've known to say "weirwood" or "heart tree", I think.

As for my "finding" of the photos, they were in the comments of that same reddit post that wotw had based their article on. Someone was bound to link them eventually.

Green dress = Galazza Galare? Ok, the age doesn't fit, but perhaps in GOT they have made her younger.

It's possible that D&D (like me) didn't pick up on her old age in their reading and assumed she was young enough that they don't need to bother with setting an age cap in the casting call. And then Meena aced the audition, and she's around 30. So possible.

It's also possible that D&D want to sex her up a bit and had a younger actress cast.

Agreed. Also, if she is the Green Grace and she does her job well, I don't care how old she is.

Woohoo! Winterfell, I missed you! It will be so good to see that set again, even if it's burnt and has got a Bolton banner flying from a pole. Also, that heart tree makes me really hopeful that we will get a confession and possibly a wedding as well?

Once again the Northern characters(who are the most interesting) and Iron born are being left out. For how many sand snakes and other names nobody will be able to remember???

It's been said a dozen times. Small roles don't come at the expense of major ones. Unless you want Dany to spend all her time talking to Missandei and Gray Worm, or god forbid Daario, the small roles add a lot. And they only add small roles after decisions are made about major ones.

Look back at any season. They're all packed with nobodies for the main characters to interact with. You just can't do away with that.

Agreed. Also, if she is the Green Grace and she does her job well, I don't care how old she is.

Woohoo! Winterfell, I missed you! It will be so good to see that set again, even if it's burnt and has got a Bolton banner flying from a pole. Also, that heart tree makes me really hopeful that we will get a confession and possibly a wedding as well?

All of this post.

Sadly, Sue the Fury said her understanding from her sources is that Meena isn't playing an important character. I guess that's in the eye of the beholder, and hope that she's the show's version of the Green Grace. Like you said, I really don't care about the age, as long as she's a cool and wise priestess that will add more layers to Meereen. Bonus points if it's implied (or outright stated) that she's the Harpy. She would really only need to appear in two or three scenes, and we know that Meena filmed at least two or three scenes.

All of this post.

Sadly, Sue the Fury said her understanding from her sources is that Meena isn't playing an important character. I guess that's in the eye of the beholder, and hope that she's the show's version of the Green Grace. Like you said, I really don't care about the age, as long as she's a cool and wise priestess that will add more layers to Meereen. Bonus points if it's implied (or outright stated) that she's the Harpy. She would really only need to appear in two or three scenes, and we know that Meena filmed at least two or three scenes.

I feel like they really need the Green Grace. The only way I could see them not doing the GG is if they made Hizdahr the Harpy instead the GG.

I feel like they really need the Green Grace. The only way I could see them not doing the GG is if they made Hizdahr the Harpy instead the GG.

Which would be kind of lame.

I can see Yezzan being the Harpy in the show btw. There has to be a reason why they listed him beside major new characters, and it could be more than just screentime.

I didn't realize how excited I would get just by seeing that once again, but I am squeeing with joy just seeing that. I absolutely am stoked now for season 5, thanks for the picture!

The northern arc will be great. Probably the best of next year. Alfie's always been an MVP but him revisiting the nastiness he got up to in s2 and trying to atone for it will be awesome television. Also ROOSE.

Theon's chapters in ADWD were some of my favorite in the books. I can't wait to see it play out onscreen.

The northern arc will be great. Probably the best of next year. Alfie's always been an MVP but him revisiting the nastiness he got up to in s2 and trying to atone for it will be awesome television. Also ROOSE.

I think Alfie is the best newish actor on the show (by newish I mean that his experience is nothing compared to Charles Dance and the like)

Archived