Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

There was filming at Quintin Castle in the first week of shooting, I believe. Strange that he'd only find out that Ironborn were there now...No cast members were spotted in Belfast yet in the first week IIRC, so I assumed it was just pick up shots on location and second unit stuff being done then. Of course he MIGHT BE legit but as I said, I have my doubts.

There was filming at Quintin Castle in the first week of shooting, I believe. Strange that he'd only find out that Ironborn were there now...No cast members were spotted in Belfast yet in the first week IIRC, so I assumed it was just pick up shots on location and second unit stuff being done then. Of course he MIGHT BE legit but as I said, I have my doubts.

"My uncle (a dairy farmer) has had to move some of his cows because Game of Thrones is filming in one of his fields. Quinton Castle is on the right, my uncle's farm is on the left, and they're staging a battle scene of some sort in the field in the middle."

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/261366-the-spoiler-filled-game-of-thrones-book-readers-thread-seriously-spoilers/page-85

This is something Patchface linked to a while ago that he found by a simple Google search. There were a few more comments on the shooting there in the forum but nothing substantial IIRC.

EDIT: "Was down at my uncle's today... Sadly the filming finished yesterday and they were just packing everything away. My cousin said most of the filming seemed to be down on the beach.

The second last photo shows you the actual portaloos the cast of Game of Thrones use!"

He also links some pictures but you need to sign up to see them.

So it looks like there WAS some sort of fight scene there.

The part about it being in Ironborn raid is the new part that Patchface added yesterday (if you choose to believe it) and there's also him saying he heard something about an "Ironborn Reaver" though he was unclear about it because he doesn't know for sure (which is good troll strategy, if that's what he is).

I'm skeptical, but this is probably one of the first definite details he "leaked" to us, so it's interesting. I can't imagine any beach fights without the Ironborn, though- it's not exactly a whopping big leak.

her costume looks specifically green and of good material/quality. maybe she is the high priestess on the show, replacing the green grace and marries Dany to Hizdahr but plays no other significant role

She could have a one-on-one scene with Dany and then the marriage and that's it. That would make sense with the details we have about when she was filming.

It's funny I don't have any strong feelings for Starks/Winterfell but I'm just so excited for all these pictures.

That's because it's an awesome set and the fact that they are building it all now means we're getting closer and closer to season 5. It's also the best set photos we've had so far :)

I hope that Theon/Reek's first scene of the season is just him walking through this courtyard reliving all of the shit that went down there because of him. I'm sure Alfie could pull off a scene like that just with his facial expressions and reactions to what he sees.

Basically this WILL BE his best season (exceeding even his s2 work).

And as always, his storyline will contain ROOSE.

That's because it's an awesome set and the fact that they are building it all now means we're getting closer and closer to season 5. It's also the best set photos we've had so far :)

Yeah! The sets for other locations just tend to be bits and pieces of pillars and other plaster masonry!

I also really love Theon's chapters at Winterfell. They are so atmospheric and Alfie is just brilliant so I know he'll do it justice.

I hope that Theon/Reek's first scene of the season is just him walking through this courtyard reliving all of the shit that went down there because of him. I'm sure Alfie could pull off a scene like that just with his facial expressions and reactions to what he sees.

Basically this WILL BE his best season (exceeding even his s2 work).

And as always, his storyline will contain ROOSE.

Hoping Roose and Theon have a proper scene with Roose Explaining a Thing to him, maybe talking about his "feelings" (ha) regarding Ramsay.

Sort of related, but I'll be in Belfast for a couple of days next month and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping it co-incided with some GoT cast members being around, I'll be there at the weekend so I'm sure there's very little chance of actual filming but if for example I was to arrive into a pub and see Team Dragonstone getting hammered in the corner that would be pretty cool :leer:

Theon's best season with the possible exception of future ones, agreed. And the more Roose the better.

I suppose they'll cut Barbrey but she could be a really amazing black widow, played by...I'm thinking Gina McKee...?

She only really gives background on Brandon, who is barely mentioned in the show. I hope that they include her and give her a different monologue that's maybe a bit more relevant to the show. I liked her a lot in ADWD.

It could also make more sense if they cast a Lady Karstark instead since they were a focus point in the show and aren't really friendly with the Starks.

Archived