Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

Bran seeing the Maggy flashback through the trees could work, if the showrunners decide to give Bloodraven and the children of the forest a stake in the game of thrones. Like, understanding your enemy, learning from their weaknesses. Cersei's being her superstition, or self-doubt, in the case of the Maggy incident.

The recent discussion here about army sizes made me wonder how (if at all) the show has established the "kingdoms". Before reading the books, i remember being very confused so i skimmed through the wiki. By the same token, does Storm's End even exist in the show? Do unsullied know that the Baratheons are (or were) the regent lords of a region called The Stormlands?

The recent discussion here about army sizes made me wonder how (if at all) the show has established the "kingdoms". Before reading the books, i remember being very confused so i skimmed through the wiki. By the same token, does Storm's End even exist in the show? Do unsullied know that the Baratheons are (or were) the regent lords of a region called The Stormlands?

I think Storm's End was mentioned when Stannis and Davos were discussing how Davos lost his fingers. Afterwards, Davos became his Hand.

- We have "History & Lore" videos about House Baratheon, The Stormlands, and the Siege of SE (one of them narrated by Robert, one by Brienne and the Siege with Stannis' POV/as narrator and Davos' POV/as narrator)

- As already said, Stannis talked with Davos about the Siege in 2x08, and I think Cersei said also something about Stannis' anger about Robert's decision once to Tyrion

Edited: Corrected my answer.

I think Storm's End was mentioned when Stannis and Davos were discussing how Davos lost his fingers. Afterwards, Davos became his Hand.

Yup. Although he grumbles/whines muuuuch less about Robert's decision on the show than in the books, he's still pissed. He talked about it in 2x08, and many of his H&L videos.

Thanks. That answers my question. But viewers who don't the DVD's and/or those extra contents will have no idea about it. Are those videos on Youtube or Vimeo?

They are actually all on YT usually. I can post some links, wait...

(Btw, I forgot about Davos' own video, which includes the castle of course, too.

So, after finally talking my mobile phone instead of the old iPad:

House Baratheon: http://youtu.be/u-pyxOoq_uM

RR through Stannis' eyes (with the Siege of course): http://youtu.be/eF1TG71looE

Through Davos': http://youtu.be/yz3ctjcx98o

Still looking for the one narrated by Renly, but maybe I'm wrong and it doesn't exist and I confused something...

The record is pretty clear that the show sucks with numbers, army size, etc. There are two different Northern armies (Rodrik's and Lord Karstark's) that just vanished into thin air, and the latter was supposedly half the Northern army. The Tyrell army shrank to a fraction of its former size in Season 3.

And I don't think this is because they can't be bothered to look it up, it's because they don't care about continuity in this regard when it gets in the way of whatever they're writing now, or they just don't keep track of the implications of their deviations from the text (both of the Northern examples).

Yeah, remember the whole Karstark is half the Northern army business? Even non readers can tell that's BS.

Sigh, Cersei's prophecy was actually always something I hoped the show would skip/cut (and I expected it, too, considering their usual handling of the other prophecies). I'm just not fond of it, it always seemed "too much" to me, AFFC-Cersei is already absolute paranoid, and crazy, and evil and so on, she didn't need also something like that. And I don't like all that "Younger And More Beautiful Queen theories" or the "Valonquar theories", the "real reason" for her hate on Tyrion... But that's just me. To each his/her own, I guess...

I didn't love Cersei's fixation on the prophecy in the books either. My theory on why they included it was to push Myrcella and Tommen in focus. Kind of interesting to start the season with a prophecy that they are both toast, since they'll both be in dangerous, chaotic situations.

I linked this on wotw but Charles Dance said in an interview today (I think with MTV for Dracula Untold) that he'll be back in some capacity in s5. Though he could just mean he played his corpse for the funeral, mayhaps we'll get a younger version (with a blonde wig hopefully) in the Maggy flashback.

A new interview with Dance for the Dracula Untold movie? That sounds cool, I'm going to go google that, thanks.

I've always hoped for the use of Dance as Tywin's corpse, just for some of Jaime's vigil in the Sept and for the funeral and THE SMELL, LOL While I myself wished for it, I'd always highly suspected that such a thing would be done, Charles Dance returning for the funeral, I can definitely see that happening. Also, I'm wondering.......will we go straight back to where we left off at the end of season 5......with the body being discovered anyway? I'm wondering on that, timewise, but I suspect that is what we will see or.......the discovery of his body could actually be flashback material depending on exactly where the KL story picks up.

Once we had Jack used for Joff's corpse, I was pretty convinced that we would see Dance again as Tywin's corpse. Looking at the above material, I'm starting to suspect that Tywin's corpse itself might get two episodes of work, LOL I can't wait. Plus, that should help drive home the point of THE SMELL!!!

I actually feel like Cersei's prophecy may translate better on the show than it did in the books. It would be nice to get something new in her storyline imo. I just wish Taena hadn't been cut, because I think she as a character and the Cersei/Taena relationship would have also been more interesting onscreen than it was in the books. But it is what it is.......

I think we need the prophecy in the show. Because there has to be a reason for Cersei's paranoia of Margery (well to add something more than just wanting to be queen/ hating tyrells)

and also it provides an avenue to show how evil cersei was from such a young age- if they show her killing melara (is that her name?) that is- so who she is today is not just a product of her history with tywin and marriage with robert.

Archived