Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

Also David Nutter is visible in those set pics, so Mercy is going down in ep. nine or ten. The last two episodes of s5 are SHAPING UP (that is if they include the WoS, Mercy, Battle of Ice, Daznak's, Varys with a crossbow and Daznak's).

So this is how Cersei'll get Mace out of town before she tries her little putsch on Marge.

My girlfriend is Dornish (Spanish) and comes from Seville, where they're filming scenes for Season 5... she said they put out a casting call for extras and immediately turned away anyone with Tattoos or fake colour in their hair.

Also they're filming in the same places that Star Wars episode 1 used, for the Naboo palace.

That's all I got... not much really

I've seen this a couple of times and the argument is flawed because..

1. In the episode which said Stannis has 4000 men, it was also said that he has 32 ships. So he already had the capability to go to the wall just by himself.

2. Why do you think what we saw on screen was Stannis' whole army? The army is composed of only cavalry? Come on.

3. The show is bad with numbers. Actually, they are terrible with numbers, given that we saw Mance's '100,000' army as a small bunch of dudes huddled around a campfire. On screen depiction of troops should not be relied upon.

4. We are supposed to understand that the IB gave Stannis gold to hire mercenaries. Why would he hire only Salla? In the books he already has Salla. Even in the show he has enough ships without Salla. Argh.. the show is just so illogical when making up filler.. ( Both Jon and Stannis' storylines suffered massively from fillers just because they had to do the episode 9 moment which wasn't even that good either )

Oh yeah and having only 50 NW remaining is pretty dumb too.

I do agree that the show is terrible with numbers, but I think that Stannis going to Braavos makes sense. I'm not sure that Stannis can transport his 4 000 men to the Wall with his 32 ships so he needs sellsails. It's also stated two times in season 4 that Stannis is running out of food. So he might have needed that to keep whatever forces he left at Dragonstone fed and to have his army survive the northern campaign.

Also David Nutter is visible in those set pics, so Mercy is going down in ep. nine or ten. The last two episodes of s5 are SHAPING UP (that is if they include the WoS, Mercy, Battle of Ice, Daznak's, Varys with a crossbow and Daznak's).

So this is how Cersei'll get Mace out of town before she tries her little putsch on Marge.

I would love for them to include Kevan but I think he's been cut. Also Mace would need to travel from Braavos to King's Landing in one episode. No big deal, Theon did the trip from Pyke to Winterfell in one episode.

I don't think Mace will return to KL from Braavos in s5. He can return early s6 and try to stabilize things to no avail but the arrests by the Faith and WoS work better with him out of town IMO. If they don't want to bring back Kevan, they could always have an upjumped and devious Pycelle make the WoS deal with the High Sparrow and try to fix things up in the capitol before being offed by Varys in the finale.

I do agree that the show is terrible with numbers, but I think that Stannis going to Braavos makes sense. I'm not sure that Stannis can transport his 4 000 men to the Wall with his 32 ships so he needs sellsails. It's also stated two times in season 4 that Stannis is running out of food. So he might have needed that to keep whatever forces he left at Dragonstone fed and to have his army survive the northern campaign.

Perhaps he also didnt have that many horses and had to buy more, yes its a stretch. But what we know from game of thrones wiki, battle of CB that there were 3000 cavalry, so lets say between 3000-4000. I really dont know how many men each ship can carry including with horses, so perhaps they didnt have enough ships. Plus we dont know what was the actual agreement perhaps Davos told them they are going to the Wall and need more men and ships to stop the Wildlings, and therefore just to keep Stannis and plan B in play they gave it to them, without conflicting their interests from the crown

I would love for them to include Kevan but I think he's been cut. Also Mace would need to travel from Braavos to King's Landing in one episode. No big deal, Theon did the trip from Pyke to Winterfell in one episode.

Pyke and WF are closer than KL and Braavos, it took Stannis from DS to Braavos in 3 episodes. Yes there are major inconsistencies with traveling in the show but really doubt they would make it that ridiculous, Cersei will most likley send Mace half way s5 to Braavos and will see him in episode 9 or 10. Its probably a reason to get Mace out of the KL, and will return in early s6 just like what Konradsmith said.

I don't think Mace will return to KL from Braavos in s5. He can return early s6 and try to stabilize things to no avail but the arrests by the Faith and WoS work better with him out of town IMO. If they don't want to bring back Kevan, they could always have an upjumped and devious Pycelle make the WoS deal with the High Sparrow and try to fix things up in the capitol before being offed by Varys in the finale.

I dont know which interview it was but I think Julian Glover (Pycelle) said he would have a larger role in s5, so this could be a hint of him perhaps taking Kevin's role, D&D might have changed their minds by then so perhaps we do get Kevin, but I think they could get around with just having Pycelle.

Do you mean his Flicks and the City interview in which he said he'd be in five episodes in s5? (the actor who plays Qyburn mentioned the same amount of appearances in his interviews with them btw),

I'm not sure, but isn't that already more than he had in s4 or about the same?

My girlfriend is Dornish (Spanish) and comes from Seville, where they're filming scenes for Season 5... she said they put out a casting call for extras and immediately turned away anyone with Tattoos or fake colour in their hair.

Also they're filming in the same places that Star Wars episode 1 used, for the Naboo palace.

That's all I got... not much really

Cool

Baelish said that the Starks and the Lannisters had the largest armies in the kingdoms in season 2, and Olenna said that they had supported the Lannisters in the war with about 16 000 men in season 3.

What I remember it was a lot more than that, when Renly's army is said to be 100 000 men, "my little brother has 100 000 men according to the scouts" s2ep2. How is that smaller? Plus the only numbers we ever get from Stark forces in 20 000 men in season 1, plus in s2e9, Matthos "Our army outnumbers them 5 to 1" I dont think the Lannisters had 20 000 men at KL, so that means 5000 KL, 25 000 men from Stannis. Meaning at least 70 000 men from the Tyrells. We dont know the Lannister strength in the show numbers wise, but it seems the Tyrells are as strong as they are in the books.

You guys still think Euron is still a possibility? He seems to be taking Tywin's old role as the "bad guy" so I don't white see how they could cut him.

The simplest solution would be to have all the relevant stuff done by Balon. He was shown to be pretty unhinged, so anything "crazy" Euron might do in the books shouldn't pose a problem. His interest in Dany might be a bit stranger by comparison, but then again, his interest in the north wasn't that easily comprehensible either. Depending on what Euron actually does, it might be feasible.

That would only leave Melisandre's third leech as a problem, but that again is easily repurposed as the show's equivalent of the books examples that Melisandre's visions and powers are not reliable. (E.g., instead of the wrong prediction around Alys Karstark, we might get a bit of dialogue pointing out Balon is alive despite the leech.)

That said, I'd still give better than even odds we'll get Euron on the show.

Yet Renly had one hundred thousand men in season 2. <_<

What I remember it was a lot more than that, when Renly's army is said to be 100 000 men, "my little brother has 100 000 men according to the scouts" s2ep2. How is that smaller? Plus the only numbers we ever get from Stark forces in 20 000 men in season 1, plus in s2e9, Matthos "Our army outnumbers them 5 to 1" I dont think the Lannisters had 20 000 men at KL, so that means 5000 KL, 25 000 men from Stannis. Meaning at least 70 000 men from the Tyrells. We dont know the Lannister strength in the show numbers wise, but it seems the Tyrells are as strong as they are in the books.

Yeah the show sucks with numbers. Could be either way.

What's been the latest "big" casting we've had in from the last couple of years? And I mean latest as in, how late have we received news of a certain character being cast.

I'm wondering if we may have passed the mark where we're likely to hear the likes of Manderly, Euron or Arianne being cast. Most likely now we're going to get small castings for characters who appear in one or two episodes.

Seems Iwan Rheon was cast late and throughout season 3 was named 'boy', which even IMDb carried as a name even after he got the name Ramsay, seems IMDb has gone back and corrected that now.

May be they could not decided on the Reek-Ramsay thing, sure was mysterious, since even Roose never mentions the name in season 2. Either that or we have never gotten an explanation , since hiding where Theon was does not make sense to me as narrative. So that casting was a weird one.

(Oddly, Michael McElhatton role grew in screen time, not that it is lot, but he is almost lost in a background in season 2.)

It's still a mystery about Gemma Whelan being 'tracked',as Yara, in seasons 3 and 4, have seen no 'fan shadowing' of her season 5 involvement, but am still guessing, I guess!, something will happen with the Greyjoys before season 5 is in the can.

Archived