Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

I think we need the prophecy in the show. Because there has to be a reason for Cersei's paranoia of Margery (well to add something more than just wanting to be queen/ hating tyrells)

and also it provides an avenue to show how evil cersei was from such a young age- if they show her killing melara (is that her name?) that is- so who she is today is not just a product of her history with tywin and marriage with robert.

lol i hope D&D asked GRRM and clarified whether she actually fucked pushed melara or did nothing to help her while she was dying like the asshole that she is

Once we had Jack used for Joff's corpse, I was pretty convinced that we would see Dance again as Tywin's corpse. Looking at the above material, I'm starting to suspect that Tywin's corpse itself might get two episodes of work, LOL I can't wait. Plus, that should help drive home the point of THE SMELL!!!

Definitely. I loved when Jaime took Tommen out and sat him down, the smell was getting to him. It's little character moments like that, that tell you so much, that they should keep but rarely do. Also at the funeral Jaime says this so we had better see the beard, that's all I'm saying:

"I am not Cersei. I have a beard, and she has breasts."

Why is everyone going "They can't have flashbacks now!"

Why does it have to be a flashback? As others have mentioned it's more likely to be Cersei dreaming as a cold open for season 5. For example, they showed Sansa dreaming in season 2.

There's still a lot of information that may or may not play out in whatever device we see fit, whether it be flashbacks or dreams or whatever.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_thrones_season_4_writer_bryan_cogman_on_tyrions_trial_book_deviations_and_that_white_walker-2014-05

As linked in the comments on wotw an actress Meena Rayann is cast. Her CV says she's "currently filming episodes" but it doesn't say who she's playing. That same CV describes her appearance as being "Mediterranean, Middle Eastern [or] Mixed Race", which I guess could mean that she's in either the Dornish or Meereenese storyline. Given that she's good-looking an optimistic book fan might presume that they've actually gone and cast an Arianne after all, but it's much more likely that she's some sortof smaller role in either of those locations.

^ She doesn't really look the part, imo.

yeah she's not really how i imagined her either and she does seem a little too young too. but the sandsnakes and oberyn looked nothing like how imagined them either. but either way, now i think its much more likely that she'll be part of the mereen storyline

Apparently her shooting in Croatia lines up with the beginning of the shooting for Meereen in Split.

Yeah, so likely tied into Dany, though she is definitely too young to be Galazza. I'm just confused, but she seems lovely...we'll just have to wait and see for set pictures I suppose.

She can't be Taena, they won't shoot King's Landing scenes in Croatia till the end of the month and she filmed scenes a couple of weeks ago.

maybe she IS arianne? if she filmed a few weeks ago, she couldnt be in the meereen storyline because didnt dany and crew only start like a week ago? the dornish crew has filmed some i believe? So it is possible...she does certainly look the part (i know looks mean nothing from book to tv anymore considering how they cast the snakes)

http://lci.tf1.fr/cinema/video/game-of-thrones-des-images-du-tournage-de-la-saison-5-a-sibenik-8488448.html

so this video reveals that scenes for episode 2 were being filmed......wtf the mercy chapter is going to be in episode 2??????

^^^^

yeah i don't think she's taena anymore

Now I'm so confused. I mean I'm happy that Mace can probably be in King's Landing by the end of the season if this is true. However is Arya's first task going to be mummering? And is Mace going up to Braavos to ask for the Iron Bank to extend their loan which would in turn cause the bankers to give their full support to Stannis?

Now I'm so confused. I mean I'm happy that Mace can probably be in King's Landing by the end of the season if this is true. However is Arya's first task going to be mummering? And is Mace going up to Braavos to ask for the Iron Bank to extend their loan which would in turn cause the bankers to give their full support to Stannis?

it seems like D&D just really want to get to TWOW/ADOS material with the Stark kids......

Archived