Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

That means that Varys and Tyrion have at least 3-5 episodes together. That's a LOT. Let's try to map it out and assume that they're in 3 together (since that's already a lot, and since I can't see Tyrion missing out on an episode in the second half of the season). . . .

Looks good, the second half of the season seems a bit packed, though. With Jorah kidnapping Tyrion as late as episode 5, isn't it more likely Daznak's Pit is going to be in episode 10?

By the way, somebody on WotW linked some pictures of Maisie Williams, Mark Gatiss, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, and Ian Beattie filming in Sibenik with what seems to be David Nutter directing.

So those scenes will be either in episode 9 or 10. Which implies a few things. Mercy is probably going to end Arya's season arc. Tycho Nestoris is most likely not going to travel to the North this season. Mace is probably only leaving King's Landing for Braavos after Cersei's imprisonment. Leaving who in charge? And Ser Meryn might still have time to be involved in Cersei's plot somehow. Only to maybe turn on her to align himself with the Tyrells?

On second thought: Mace & Trant could just as easily be leaving KL shortly before Cersei's imprisonment. The time frame for their leaving probably being episodes 6-7 judging from how long it took Stannis to get from Dragonstone to Braavos last season.

Tycho could always go to the Wall during the first part of the season. Thus he'd have the opportunity to talk to both Jon and Stannis before this one leaves.

Then, he'd go back to Braavos and meet Mace and Meryn.

Tycho could always go to the Wall during the first part of the season. Thus he'd have the opportunity to talk to both Jon and Stannis before this one leaves.

Then, he'd go back to Braavos and meet Mace and Meryn.

Tycho has no reason to go to the north in the show. He has already had his face-to-face with Stannis and established some kind of arrangement. When/if the Iron Bank decides to fully back Stannis, which would be after they talk to Mace, presumably the Iron Bank will start paying whatever mercenaries Stannis has lined up, or they'll let Stannis' representative know to find them some mercenaries to pay.

Hopefully this means that the Griffs are in. 5 episodes is a lot, especially with the screen time D&D give for Tyrion. i'm really hoping this means we get to meet the griffs/golden company

But they're already filming these scenes and there haven't been Griff leaks.

So it looks like Mercy chapter definitely happening, my feeling is they are looking for something to get Mace out of KL, so we will get him leaving KL in like episode 5 at the latest. But we may get Tycho is more than just 1 episode as Sam will travel to Braavos to negotiate a loan for the NW on behalf of Jon Snow, as he will most likely not be going to Oldtown just yet, how interesting would it be that Sam and Mace run into each other at the IB

I don't know about this Mace and Tycho thing. What is he going to do, tell them that he won't pay up? Seems dumb to go to Braavos then.. But then if he wants to pay up, why would the IB support Stannis? Or would they stop supporting Stannis? Or are they going to trot out that nonsense about the Lannister gold mines being empty, as if that was the only way to pay debts? Surely the Lord of Highgarden has some money of his own? Arghhh.. I wish they would stop writing fanfiction.. the whole thing made much more sense in the books..

I don't know about this Mace and Tycho thing. What is he going to do, tell them that he won't pay up? Seems dumb to go to Braavos then.. But then if he wants to pay up, why would the IB support Stannis? Or would they stop supporting Stannis? Or are they going to trot out that nonsense about the Lannister gold mines being empty, as if that was the only way to pay debts? Surely the Lord of Highgarden has some money of his own? Arghhh.. I wish they would stop writing fanfiction.. the whole thing made much more sense in the books..

Did you read the Mercy chapter, zap? Because this exact thing happens in it, with some interchangeable characters

Did you read the Mercy chapter, zap? Because this exact thing happens in it, with some interchangeable characters

But isn't that chapter far into the WoW territory? So at that point shouldn't Mace be the Hand? I guess they could move that scene into the beginning parts of the season. Sort of replacing sending Mace to Storm's End with sending Mace to Braavos.

I read it and no it doesn't. Mercy is Arya's POV chapter. There is practically no mention of the Iron Bank and we don't know anything about their deal with Ser Harys Swift or even if they had one at all.

In fact, the reason the IB started supporting Stannis in the first place is because Cersei stopped paying the loans.. which hasn't happened on the show. and also the lannister gold mines gives Ser Harys something to bargain with, which are empty in the show. There could be some interesting scenes here, but honestly, it won't make much sense- Just as Stannis/IB scenes in season 4 looked cool but didn't make any sense if you thought about it..

I read it and no it doesn't. Mercy is Arya's POV chapter. There is practically no mention of the Iron Bank and we don't know anything about their deal with Ser Harys Swift or even if they had one at all.

In fact, the reason the IB started supporting Stannis in the first place is because Cersei stopped paying the loans.. which hasn't happened on the show. and also the lannister gold mines gives Ser Harys something to bargain with, which are empty in the show. There could be some interesting scenes here, but honestly, it won't make much sense- Just as Stannis/IB scenes in season 4 looked cool but didn't make any sense if you thought about it..

Made more sense to me than in the books, since I could never figure out where Stannis got the

resources to gather and ship a large force to the Wall.

The show solved that problem.

So in the books the timeline is: Cersei stops paying the Iron Bank - Iron Bank sends somebody to talk to Stannis - Kings Landing suffers economic problems - Stannis sends a representative to hire some mercenaries - Cersei sends a representative to talk to the Iron Bank (Arya murders somebody in the entourage) - (presumably Cersei's negotiations fail) - (presumably Stannis' mercenaries show up)

In the show the timeline probably is: Stannis goes to the Iron Bank and receives a relatively small loan - Cersei runs out of money to pay the bank and Kings Landing starts suffering economic problems - Cersei sends a representative to talk to the bank - negotiations fail (Arya murders somebody in the entourage) - the Bank gives Stannis the money to hire mercenaries - the mercenaries show up

I think the show's timeline is more plausible in several ways - Stannis reaching out to the bank for the loan vs Tycho wandering around in the north, Cersei's negotiations failing because she can't pay the bank rather than stubbornly won't. But both time lines have largely the same plot points, just in different orders, and they both arrive at the same situation at the beginning of book 6 / season 6.

Archived