Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

https://twitter.com/Jherreraroures/status/517036775110631424

more pictures of cersei. including one with the current high septon :drool:

They never really established that the old septon was chosen by Tyrion, which is why Cersei offs him. Maybe it will be for something different in the show. He was noticeably present in the sept during dead joff's viewing and visibly interacts with jaime just moments before you know what happens... A man has ears

But Toby does look hispanic...maybe he's more on the pale side but if he's mother is caucasion then i don't think there is a problem with his skin tone. I'm pretty sure he'll have a darker tan when filming then what he does in the casting video. if you look at other photos he does have darker skin to traditionally-british people

This is for comparison

http://coolspotters.com/files/photos/1134868/dove-cameron-and-toby-sebastian-gallery.png

I was kind of wondering how the show was going to handle the current High Septon/new High Sparrow plot, or if they were just going to have the new one installed offscreen, just because if you lay out the book plot, it's got to get moving fairly quickly -- though given that this will now be basically the only plot in King's Landing, perhaps there's more room for it. But you have to open with Tywin's funeral and whatever's going on with Cersei and Jaime, then have Cersei murder the old High Septon (for whatever reason), then the new one is elected, then Cersei starts scheming against Margaery (and apparently Loras?), then they get arrested, she thinks she's won, then the High Sparrow arrests Cersei, she's in jail and a new government is constituted, and she does the walk, etc. That's a lot of narrative beats in fairly short succession.

I do wonder how they're going to handle Cersei killing the High Septon (or even if they're going to cut that and have him died some other way). Since most of Cersei's "crimes" were given to Joffrey, and she seems more likeable and cunning in the show.

As for the whole Trystane discussion from the last pages...every day I dread the Dornish plot more and more, I just hope you guys are wrong and he's just who he says he is. :ack:

I do wonder how they're going to handle Cersei killing the High Septon (or even if they're going to cut that and have him died some other way). Since most of Cersei's "crimes" were given to Joffrey, and she seems more likeable and cunning in the show.

As for the whole Trystane discussion from the last pages...every day I dread the Dornish plot more and more, I just hope you guys are wrong and he's just who he says he is. :ack:

my thoughts exactly, and I also do feel like the Dornish plot is going to a hot mess on the show

I'm with you.

There's absolutely no reason to believe that Trystane will be Aegon. It is possible that, if Aegon's cut, Trystane COULD fill the role of the fellow the Dornish back and who takes power before Dany shows up (assuming as most people seem to be doing that that's what will happen) BUT that doesn't mean that show Trystane will be a secret Targ.

As igrewupinKL points out above, Toby is perfectly capable of getting a tan. Also we're assuming things about his ethnic background. I for one can't find any info about where his parents are from etc. For all we know his mother or father could be anything but white. Also, remember the two leaked Trystane auditions from this Spring? The actors in them were putting on Oberyn-esque accents. That was probably a stage direction. Meaning Trystane WILL have that accent. Meaning he's Dornish.

There's absolutely no reason to believe that Trystane will be Aegon. It is possible that, if Aegon's cut, Trystane COULD fill the role of the fellow the Dornish back and who takes power before Dany shows up (assuming as most people seem to be doing that that's what will happen) BUT that doesn't mean that show Trystane will be a secret Targ.

As igrewupinKL points out above, Toby is perfectly capable of getting a tan. Also we're assuming things about his ethnic background. I for one can't find any info about where his parents are from etc. For all we know his mother or father could be anything but white. Also, remember the two leaked Trystane auditions from this Spring? The actors in them were putting on Oberyn-esque accents. That was probably a stage direction. Meaning Trystane WILL have that accent. Meaning he's Dornish.

Logical, but theres also Myrcella to consider. So Dorne will back Trystane and Myrcella and therfore be enemies of Cersei who obviously is backing Tommen, and then Dany comes in and theres now three contenders to the throne? That seems just as complicated as Aegon and the Golden company landing...what would be the point in replacing Aegon?

Also, the accent can come from Aegon just growing up in Dorne., though yeah I dont believe Trystane is Aegon lol theres too many episodes of Varys and Tyrion for there not to be some storyline close to Tyrions book story involving Aegon and the Golden Company (kind of).

Because s5's production is only around halfway done and casting is an ongoing process. Tyrion and Varys just hanging out will not be enough to cover the first half of the season. The pre-Jorah Tyrion ADWD material could fit snugly into that screentime. It's true that there are ways around it that they could pull off too but we have no evidence yet pointing in either direction. So with many scenes yet to be shot and many roles yet to be cast I'd still say it's very possible. Like Jaime says to Joffers in 401, "There's still time."

Because s5's production is only around halfway done and casting is an ongoing process. Tyrion and Varys just hanging out will not be enough to cover the first half of the season. The pre-Jorah Tyrion ADWD material could fit snugly into that screentime. It's true that there are ways around it that they could pull off too but we have no evidence yet pointing in either direction. So with many scenes yet to be shot and many roles yet to be cast I'd still say it's very possible. Like Jaime says to Joffers in 401, "There's still time."

I hope you're right.

Also with all the casting calls, we still have no news on Varamyr Sixskins actor and the Waif, when we know they are being casted. So there is definitely more info to be discovered. Though its possible with Tyrion spending so much time with Varys that they are doing some sort of planning, rather than going straight to Dany(as that seems to happen with Jorah only), I still think that Elio is right and Aegon is being saved for Season 6.

But Toby does look hispanic...maybe he's more on the pale side but if he's mother is caucasion then i don't think there is a problem with his skin tone. I'm pretty sure he'll have a darker tan when filming then what he does in the casting video. if you look at other photos he does have darker skin to traditionally-british people

This is for comparison

http://coolspotters.com/files/photos/1134868/dove-cameron-and-toby-sebastian-gallery.png

Didn't some people complain loudly about Pedro Pascal being "too white" for Oberyn when he was first cast?

Didn't some people complain loudly about Pedro Pascal being "too white" for Oberyn when he was first cast?

Yeh, it just depends on what ethnicity you imagined the Dornish to be. To me, i imagined them to range from middle-eastern to southern European (to account for the stony, sandy and salty) so i had no problem with pedro pascal's 'colour'. Some people imagined them as more Indian so therefore complained. I think we can all agree that Pedro did a fantastic job as Oberyn so no one is complaining now.

anyone think we will get one of the 2 big TWOW battles towards the end of this season ?

I don't think so, just think of how much stuff has to happen before those happen... it's a looooooong time before Stannis decides to go to Winterfell, and it takes even longer for him to get there.

Dany (I believe) will end the season on the back of Drogon. She also has so much stuff that needs to happen - the arranging of her marriage, all the conspiricies with the Harpy's Sons etc.

If they rush to do those battles this season, they'll have left SO much stuff out and I'll consider myself done with the show.

I don't pretend to know a lot about these things but I always thought that one of the deciding factors in who lands what role is who knows who and what relationships the producers have with the agents etc. Saying that I do not think it is any co-incidence that Toby Sebastian just finished a movie with Sophie Turner, Barely Lethal, and that Maisie Williams just finished a movie with Toby's sister Florence Pugh, The Falling. I am not saying the actresses had anything to do with the hiring but more along the lines that the actresses' agents have worked with D&D and having worked with Toby's agent on other projects maybe it opened a door for Toby.

Archived