Moments of Foreshadowing 10

Lost Melnibonean

Brienne, AFFC:

A trestle table had been set up across the cave, in a cleft in the rock. Behind it sat a woman all in grey, cloaked and hooded. In her hands was a crown, a bronze circlet ringed by iron swords. She was studying it, her fingers stroking the blades as if to test their sharpness. Her eyes glimmered under her hood.

Grey was the color of the silent sisters, the handmaidens of the Stranger. Brienne felt a shiver climb her spine. Stoneheart.

Arya, AFFC:

Our forebears came from half a hundred lands to this place of refuge, to escape the dragonlords who had enslaved them. Half a hundred gods came with them, but there is one god all of them shared in common.

Him of Many Faces.

And many names, the kindly man had said. In Qohor he is the Black Goat, in Yi Ti the Lion of Night, in Westeros the Stranger. All men must bow to him in the end,

TWOIAF:

Despairing of the evil that had been unleashed on earth, the Maiden-Made-of-Light turned her back upon the world, and the Lion of Night came forth in all his wroth to punish the wickedness of men.

LSH has not been resurrected by the Red Priest, upon prayers to R'hllor. LSH is sent by the Stanger/Lion of Night, possibly his direct presence, and will be served by the Others.

Tyrion's fate...

Tyrion Lannister looked up from his books and shivered, though the library was snug and warm. Something about the howling of a wolf took a man right out of his here and now and left him in a dark forest of the mind, running naked before the pack.

Tyrion I, Game 9

I suspect that The Second Dance of the Dragons will culminate at the Trident as armies led by Daenerys, Stannis, and Aegon meet. I expect Drogon the winged shadow will burn Stannis, and all his power will join Daenerys. But I also expect that Tyrion will betray Daenerys with Brown Ben and Viserion for Aegon's side. I could see Tyrion later wishing he hadn't alone in the woods. I could then see Nymeria picking up his sent.

Illyrio waved a languid hand in the air, rings glittering on his fat fingers. "I have told you, all is settled. Trust me. The khal has promised you a crown, and you shall have it.

Daenerys II, Game 11

This can be relied on to suggest that Illyrio sent Viserys, and perhaps Daenerys, into the Dothraki Sea to die. But that conflicts with what Tristan Rivers tells us about the fat man's plan...

Which plan? said Tristan Rivers. The fat mans plan? The one that changes every time the moon turns? First Viserys Targaryen was to join us with fifty thousand Dothraki screamers at his back. Then the Beggar King was dead, and it was to be the sister, a pliable young child queen who was on her way to Pentos with three new-hatched dragons. Instead the girl turns up on Slavers Bay and leaves a string of burning cities in her wake, and the fat man decides we should meet her by Volantis. Now that plan is in ruins as well.

The Lost Lord, Dance

Thus I think the first passage above from Game was a foreshadowing by The George of what would happen to Viserys at Vaes Dothrak.

In Game of Thrones when Tyrion is in the library after Bran has fallen, he hears a wolf howl and shivers even though the library was warm and cozy.

There is something about a wolf howling that puts your mind in a dark green forest running naked before the pack.

That is not an exact quote, but I think it helps with why all the wolves hate Tyrion. I think it foreshadows that he will eventually go against the Starks and lose.

In Game of Thrones when Tyrion is in the library after Bran has fallen, he hears a wolf howl and shivers even though the library was warm and cozy.

There is something about a wolf howling that puts your mind in a dark green forest running naked before the pack.

That is not an exact quote, but I think it helps with why all the wolves hate Tyrion. I think it foreshadows that he will eventually go against the Starks and lose.

It would be comical to see him running naked from wolves. As if he was um, interrupted and had to bolt. lol

In aCoK Mormont's crow keeps saying "die" to Mormont out of nowhere when he is making plans with Jon and Halfhand. It's eerie!

That's cause it's being warged by Bloodraven, and Bloodraven knows that Jon must die to be reborn as the prince that was promised.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/128072-peeling-another-egg/

"I've never seen an aurochs," Sansa said, feeding a piece of bacon to Lady under the table. The direwolf took it from her hand, as delicate as a queen.

Sansa I, Game 15

I've never bought into the Sansa will be queen theories, but this is hard to explain away otherwise

Tyrion's fate...

Tyrion I, Game 9

I suspect that The Second Dance of the Dragons will culminate at the Trident as armies led by Daenerys, Stannis, and Aegon meet. I expect Drogon the winged shadow will burn Stannis, and all his power will join Daenerys. But I also expect that Tyrion will betray Daenerys with Brown Ben and Viserion for Aegon's side. I could see Tyrion later wishing he hadn't alone in the woods. I could then see Nymeria picking up his sent.

As long as we agree, it foreshadows Tyrion's death by Stark. As it also explains why the wolves don't like him in the first place.

Jon will die fighting Baratheon, who will play the role of the Night's King in the future:

AGoT, Jon IX:

Jon was not afraid of death, but he did not want to die like that, trussed and bound and beheaded like a common brigand. If he must perish, let it be with a sword in his hand, fighting his father's killers. He was no true Stark, had never been one … but he could die like one. Let them say that Eddard Stark had fathered four sons, not three.

"but he did not want to die like that..."

Jon is leaving the Night's Watch to join Robb in this scene. Jon will not die from breaking his vows at the end of ADwD.

"He was no true Stark, had never been one..."

He is not a Stark, nor a Snow.

"Let them say that Eddard Stark Rhaegar Targaryen had fathered four sons, not three two sons, not one."

• 3 weeks later...

All the low hanging fruits, even the ones hard to see through the leaves, have been plucked, but there are still a few in the upper branches, even if they're wormy and a lot less appealing.

I do not think Petyr will setvup Sansa with Aegon, but I've seen the idea tossed about a lot, especially in light of the Ashford tourney foreshadowing theory. Perhaps Lothor Brune would enter the Kingsguard as her sworn shield...

Jory, Alyn, and Harwin rode for Winterfell and the north. "Jory looks a beggar among these others," Septa Mordane sniffed when he appeared. Sansa could only agree. Jory's armor was blue-grey plate without device or ornament, and a thin grey cloak hung from his shoulders like a soiled rag. Yet he acquitted himself well, unhorsing Horas Redwyne in his first joust and one of the Freys in his second. In his third match, he rode three passes at a freerider named Lothor Brune whose armor was as drab as his own. Neither man lost his seat, but Brune's lance was steadier and his blows better placed, and the king gave him the victory. Alyn and Harwin fared less well; Harwin was unhorsed in his first tilt by Ser Meryn of the Kingsguard, while Alyn fell to Ser Balon Swann.

Sansa II, Game 29

Three men rode for Winterfell in the Hand's tourney. Harwin was defeated by a knight of the Kingsguard. Alyn was defeated by a knight who would join Joffrey's Kingsguard. Jory was defeated by Lothor Brune who would go on to become a knight and then act as Sansa's shield under Petyr's "protection."

All the low hanging fruits, even the ones hard to see through the leaves, have been plucked, but there are still a few in the upper branches, even if they're wormy and a lot less appealing.

I do not think Petyr will setvup Sansa with Aegon, but I've seen the idea tossed about a lot, especially in light of the Ashford tourney foreshadowing theory. Perhaps Lothor Brune would enter the Kingsguard as her sworn shield...

Sansa II, Game 29

Three men rode for Winterfell in the Hand's tourney. Harwin was defeated by a knight of the Kingsguard. Alyn was defeated by a knight who would join Joffrey's Kingsguard. Jory was defeated by Lothor Brune who would go on to become a knight and then act as Sansa's shield under Petyr's "protection."

Lothor Brune also jousts against Robar Royce. Lothor loses that tilt, although Robar would become a member of a Kingsguard as well, although for a different king than Trant and Swann.

Good catch!

Sansa rode to the Hand's tourney with Septa Mordane and Jeyne Poole, in a litter with curtains of yellow silk so fine she could see right through them.

The most terrifying moment of the day came during Ser Gregor's second joust, when his lance rode up and struck a young knight from the Vale under the gorget with such force that it drove through his throat, killing him instantly. ...

Jeyne Poole wept so hysterically that Septa Mordane finally took her off to regain her composure, but Sansa sat with her hands folded in her lap, watching with a strange fascination. ...

After they carried off the body, a boy with a spade ran onto the field and shoveled dirt over the spot where he had fallen, to cover up the blood. Then the jousts resumed.

... By then Septa Mordane had returned, alone. Jeyne had been feeling ill, she explained; she had helped her back to the castle. Sansa had almost forgotten about Jeyne.

Sansa II, Game 29

Now that

the jousts will resume in the Vale with "Alayne" watching in the Vale in Winds,

perhaps Sansa will finally think to ask Petyr what he ever did with her dearest friend in all the world.

Sansa II, Game 29

Now that

the jousts will resume in the Vale with "Alayne" watching in the Vale in Winds,

perhaps Sansa will finally think to ask Petyr what he ever did with her dearest friend in all the world.

Hmm, I'm not sure that Sansa knows that it was LF who "disposed" of Jeyne.

Archived