Smoking Pot.

Sivin

It's been a while since I got high, but I do recall playing a game of chess at the time, and thinking how profound it was that no-one in the history of the universe had ever played that set of moves in a chess game before.

(I often seem to mix chess and drugs. I've played shot chess with straight vodka. Let's just say I made a point of avoiding exchange variations).

It's all fun until its not.

I had plenty of friends in college still working as baristas with zero short term memory, because of weed.

Chats, come on. I have plenty of anecdotal evidence to the contrary so please just stop. You're being snobby.

Here is the point Sivin...you may live in a state where weed is legal. However, that does not do away with drug testing to get a job. Testing positive for marijuana will not get you in trouble with the law, but it will prevent you from gaining meaningful employment. It can affect any student loans that you obtain.

I don't find the OP at all humorous or funny. I see it as a cry for help.

1. Not all jobs drug test.

2. A cry for help? You've got to be kidding me.

3. Re: student loans - if you get caught in the act you can lose your financial aid, but they dont drug test for student loans.

You're being overdramatic.

Chats, come on. I have plenty of anecdotal evidence to the contrary so please just stop. You're being snobby.

Just like there's a lot of people who don't become alcoholics, but that doesen't negate the guys on the A-team in the park.

3. Re: student loans - if you get caught in the act you can lose your financial aid, but they dont drug test for student loans.

Regardless of the impact of the drugs themselves, considering the ludicrously draconian US drug laws, taking them seems to be a fairly stupid move.

I think she's just being cautious, since he didn't have any really bearing to make this post besides to tell us he's getting high.

Regardless of the impact of the drugs themselves, considering the ludicrously draconian US drug laws, taking them seems to be a fairly stupid move.

In many states, the law is no longer ludicrously draconian when it comes to marijuana. And I don't mean just Colorado and Washington where it's legal.

I had no idea there were so many people on this board so against pot.

Lazy and unmotivated people are everywhere. To equate them directly to those who get high is offensive and lame.

I had no idea there were so many people who advocated the use of illegal drugs at risk of incarceration.

Governmental dysfunction has no bearing on ridiculous laws begotten out of fear.

Whether or not the you should work to abolish the law is a totally separate issue to whether or not it's a good idea to break it. (again, considering the number of people who spend years in prison for using drugs, it seems like a stupid risk, and that's irregardless of whether or not you support marijuana legalization)

Here is the point Sivin...you may live in a state where weed is legal. However, that does not do away with drug testing to get a job. Testing positive for marijuana will not get you in trouble with the law, but it will prevent you from gaining meaningful employment. It can affect any student loans that you obtain.

I don't find the OP at all humorous or funny. I see it as a cry for help.

Trys weed once.

Can never pass an employment drug test again

Protip: People cheat those all day everyday.

Archived