I don't think Shaggydog killed a unicorn.

White Ravens

In a book were dragons and like all this other weird stuff exits others wight walkers it really isn't that hard to believe there isn't unicorns or krackens

I don't think you are trying to say that there are no unicorns or krakens but you just did. Personally, I suspect that they do exist, I'm just waiting for GRRM to write about them.

Wait, no this one: http://cdn3-www.webecoist.momtastic.com/assets/uploads/2010/09/unicorns_3x.jpg

This may come as a shock, but "unicorn goat" yields questionable results.

LOL They may be questionable results, but i must thank you for doing the search and bringing the results.

Now, I'm embarrassed to admit, I never even noticed what the hell Shaggydog killed, I just took the whole episode as a way for GRRM to say: Yeah, the direwolves know each other are out there, LOL Never noticed what Shaggy was chowing down on.

Now, though, this leads me to ask: If the direwolf is taking down the unicorns, is that a stumbling block to Rickon making use of the Skagosi Unicorn Calvery?

Now, though, this leads me to ask: If the direwolf is taking down the unicorns, is that a stumbling block to Rickon making use of the Skagosi Unicorn Calvery?

There might be some tamed ones (which the Skagosi can ride), and some wild ones. The direwolves did not eat up the horses from the Winterfell stable either, after all :-) so it is not necessarily a problem.

Bran, Arya, Sansa, Jon and Dany are all textbook examples of The Hero's Journey as expounded by Joseph Campbell. But Rickon's arc is something different. Stuff happens to him, but he doesn't take on teachers or conspicuously learn any lessons.

So normally I would be surprised if Shaggy wasn't fighting a Unicorn, but If GRRM uses red herrings at all this would be the place.

I don't think you are trying to say that there are no unicorns or krakens but you just did. Personally, I suspect that they do exist, I'm just waiting for GRRM to write about them.

Cheers for taking it upon yourself to read my mind ill buy you that new rag to polish your crystal ball

I'm not so sure, until we actually see what there is on Skagos its difficult to tell as all we have to go on is a large goat thing capable of raking things with its horn(s). We know Unicorns exist but we don't know what they specifically look like - it could be they look much more horselike than the thing shaggydog kills. Maybe they just have a big species of mountain goat over on Skagos too. But from whats described I would be okay with this being what a Planetos unicorn looks like

...am I the only one who thought the "Skagosi Unicorn Cavalry" was 98% fairy tale based on 2% real stories about big, uni-horned goats found on Skagos?

I more so subscribe to the belief that the fairy tales are about the Skagosi themselves. I highly suspect that all the cannibal rumors are the mangling of myth from the past. I think they will be highly civilized and contribute, along with Osha and a wild Shaggydog himself, to Rickon re-emerging as the most well adjusted Stark kid.

I don't think that he killed a unicorn either for various reasons. A. I think that he killed something like that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn#mediaviewer/File:Oryx_gazella_(unicorn).jpg or a goat who had lost one horn. B. Because houses Brax, Rogers, Doggett and Wydman (Brax's purple one) have a unicorn as their sigil so we know how the unicorns are in Westeros, like horses with a horm. C. I don't want him to have killed a unicorn because according to folklore the person who kills a unicorn is cursed.

Cheers for taking it upon yourself to read my mind ill buy you that new rag to polish your crystal ball

Sorry. I shouldn't have been so sarcastic with you. But I'm still unsure what you were trying to say. Do you think that unicorns and krakens exist in the books?

We have dragons. We have direwolves and people who can control them via magic. We have (probably) krakens. We have zombies and magical Ice beings. We have talking crows. What's the big deal about having unicorns?? real unicorns?

I don't think that anyone say that unicorn don't exist, just that Shaggy didn't killed one.

Archived