How can Jon now ever find out who his parents are?

LastCitizenOfGhis

In movies and tv shows when these kids meet their parents that died young, they still age them up so that it isn't awkward. Jon's mom was like 15-16 when she died. He's already physically older than her. I wonder how GRRM will handle this.

Good point, Jon is around the same age as her or older than she is. That would make for something awkward.

1. This theory is still the biggest load of bunk I may have ever seen. It shocks me how many people seem to take it at all seriously.

2. The Faith is going to support Aegon, not Jon.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/115712-the-cheering-crowds-dragon/?hl=%2Bvarys+%2Baegon+%2Bfaith

1. I agree with that. I doubt GW even has a sept, and HR grew up worshiping the Old Gods with little to no contact with the Seven. Where would he get the Seven-Pointed Star? He would have to be well-versed in the Seven to pass as a septon.

point.

2. Agreed again, Aegon will likely have a an unbroken string of victories by the time Dany arrives given the incompetence of the heads of the opposition: Mace and Cersei. I think Aegon will become popular, and the HS will back the winning horse, especially since Aegon has no baggage compared to the other claimants. I think the HS will be the one to crown Aegon.

How does Jon find out? Probably from Howland Reed or Bran..

How do other people find out? I think the White Book/ The Book of Brothers will play a role. Jaime introduced the White Book to us, one of the "jobs" of the LC is to keep the White Book up to date with each members exploits/accomplishment's. Maybe Gerold Hightower wrote about the Kingsguard while he was at the ToJ, and the writings are yet to be discovered. Jaime would recognize Hightower's handwriting.

It would be a twist on the fantasy trope of the hero who is, unbeknownst to him, of royal blood, if he never actually found out about his parents. So I hope he's left in the belief that he is Neds bastard with some fisherwoman.

The reader will find out through Bran (weirwood vision).

This is pure speculation on my part, but I've always believed Melisandre would be the first one to figure out R + L = J AND reveal it to Jon.

Once Jon is reborn/resurrected, Mel will come to accept that Jon is the true AAR, not Stannis. It seems logical to me that once that happens, Mel will become curious about who Jon Snow really is. Eventually she will easily figure things out much the same way readers have and come to realize that Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna (Queen Selyse was alive during Robert Rebellion, so she should be able give history lesson to Mel). She will tell this to Jon in order to win him over and to play the same role that she played with Stannis. Howland Reed's main job is to confirm it Jon and to explain the detail of ToJ.

I've always compared it to Star Wars, where Darth Vader is the first one to reveal the truth to Luke and Yoda (Green being living in a swamp) is the one to confirm it.

Jon will most likely find out by Bran's dreams, and also I believe it will be proved by the High Sept. AKA Howland Reed. The faith will support Jons claim as well as the north, vale and riverlands.

I'm not so sure the River Lords will support Ned's bastard and the Vale Lords have no reason to support Jon.

I'm not so sure the River Lords will support Ned's bastard and the Vale Lords have no reason to support Jon.

That's assuming that there isn't some sort of evidence proving who he is.

And if Jon goes to them and says "Hey, I'm building an army to fight the undead people knocking on your door, join me or die", then I imagine that he will get some support.

That's assuming that there isn't some sort of evidence proving who he is.

And if Jon goes to them and says "Hey, I'm building an army to fight the undead people knocking on your door, join me or die", then I imagine that he will get some support.

Fighting the Others doesn't mean having to accept Jon as their King.

Also, Jon doesn't follow the Seven so the Faith wouldn't accept him.

Fighting the Others doesn't mean having to accept Jon as their King.

I would think that Jon helping to defeat the biggest threat to Westeros for thousands of years would garner a lot of good will.

Also, Jon doesn't follow the Seven so the Faith wouldn't accept him.

The Faith doesn't accept polygamy or incest, either...but they did in the case of the Targaryans.

I would think that Jon helping to defeat the biggest threat to Westeros for thousands of years would garner a lot of good will.

The Faith doesn't accept polygamy or incest, either...but they did in the case of the Targaryans.

And the kings of the realm have to give up their claims just to support him because? The kings of the North have fought side by side with the Watch many times, no claim giving.

No, they fought a terrible war, created anti HS and may have poisoned Maegor, they didn't just bow to them. It took a a crap load of war to get the Targs where they were.

And the kings of the realm have to give up their claims just to support him because? The kings of the North have fought side by side with the Watch many times, no claim giving.

I didn't say they would just 'give up their claims'. I said that if Jon ends up leading humanity against the Others and defeating them, people tend to follow that kind of person. "Save the kingdom to win the throne", in the words of Davos and Stannis.

No, they fought a terrible war, created anti HS and may have poisoned Maegor, they didn't just bow to them. It took a a crap load of war to get the Targs where they were.

...and yet they still did it anyway. If the Faith believes that Jon is TPTWP, I don't see why they would fight against him.

I really don't see how The Lord Commander defeating the others will make people want him as King, especially since the LC isn't supposed to hold titles.

I didn't say they would just 'give up their claims'. I said that if Jon ends up leading humanity against the Others and defeating them, people tend to follow that kind of person. "Save the kingdom to win the throne", in the words of Davos and Stannis.

...and yet they still did it anyway. If the Faith believes that Jon is TPTWP, I don't see why they would fight against him.

And the kings can't just suck in this glory war themselves? You seem to ignore the other people involved in the war, unless he does this solo, he isn't going to be the only one in this war. Something i am sure every lord and leader in the battle would think.

...after wars and two different kings. The faith has shown no connection to the TPTWP, at all, unless you have anything on it, i be happy to see.

I looked at your link, and it makes sense, but I would be cautious about predicting the faith. They are obviously transitioning now, and I'm not at all comfortable that we know the HS's true motives. I consider him a mystery man, and potentially very important to the plot going forward.

If you're going to predict, though, that's a decent one.

In another post, you said

I think there has to be some evidence of it somewhere, and other people besides Howland who are alive and could vouch for it.

I've always figured Howland would know where the evidence is. That's why he has been the mystery man so far: he's going to crack something when we find him, and not just by talking, because yes, Howland Reed's unsupported word is not going to get anybody on the Iron Throne.

The Wall is going to fall ... It is as simply as that .or how else will the Others and the wights come south to be this big threat . With the fall of The Wall Jon 's oath to defend it is meaningless as is his rank as LC . He will need a new title for the survivors to rally behind .i believe at this time Howland Reed will show up and take Jon and the Northen lords toWinterfells crypt . Then the big reveal .

Archived