What quote gave you chills when you read it?

Brynden Blackfish Jr.

“When the fool saw Davos, he jerked to a sudden halt, the bells on his antlered tin helmet going ting-a-ling, ting-a-ling. Hopping from one foot to the other, he sang, “Fool’s blood, king’s blood, blood on the maiden’s thigh, but chains for the guests and chains for the bridegroom, aye aye aye.”

"The North Remembers." (anytime anyone says it)

The scene at the Crossroads Inn when Cat calls upon the other patrons to arrest Tyrion. AGoT Chapter 28, Catelyn

"That is my price, Lord Davos. Smuggle me back my liege lord, and I will take Stannis Baratheon as my king" ADwD Chapter 29, Davos

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died." ASoS Chapter 23, Daenerys

"The blood of the First Men still flows in the veins of the Starks, and we hold to the belief that the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man’s life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die. A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is." AGoT Chapter 1, Bran

Aemon's 'kill the boy' advice to Jon. ADwD Chapter 7, Jon

"Different roads sometimes lead to the same castle." AGoT Chapter 10, Jon

"Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you...All dwarfs are bastards in their father's eyes" AGoT Chapter 5, Jon

Tyrion's second trial speech.

"He has a song. He is the prince that was promised and his is the song of ice and fire." ACoK Chapter 48, Daenerys

"The King in the North!" (when first declared)

"Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is STARK!" ADwD Chapter 3, Jon

So many:

“And the man breaks.

“He turns and runs, or crawls off afterward over the corpses of the slain, or steals away in the black of night, and he finds someplace to hide. All thought of home is gone by then, and kings and lords and gods mean less to him than a haunch of spoiled meat that will let him live another day, or a skin of bad wine that might drown his fear for a few hours. The broken man lives from day to day, from meal to meal, more beast than man. Lady Brienne is not wrong. In times like these, the traveler must beware of broken men, and fear them…but he should pity them as well.”
[...]
“The War of the Ninepenny Kings?” asked Hyle Hunt.
“So they called it, though I never saw a king, nor earned a penny. It was a war, though. That it was.”

"I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my number. Tell me, Turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton won that I should fear him?"

Edd fetch me a block.
-What if the wolves come?
-Yield.
“It ends in blood, as it began,” said Lady Nym. “It ends when Casterly Rock is cracked open, so the sun can shine on the maggots and the worms within. It ends with the utter ruin of Tywin Lannister and all his works.”
"The wolves will come again," said Jojen solemnly. "And how would you be knowing, boy?" "I dreamed it."
I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue.
but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.”
“Death,” he heard himself say,“ there will be death, aye. Your lordship lost a son at the Red Wedding. I lost four upon the Blackwater. And why? Because the Lannisters stole the throne. Go to King’s Landing and look on Tommen with your own eyes, if you doubt me. A blind man could see it. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance!”

-Ashes and cinders.

-Kings and dragons.

And through the smoke another wedge of armoured riders came, on barded horses. Floating above them were the largest banners yet, royals standards as big as sheets; a yellow one with long pointed tongues that showed a flaming heart, and another like a sheet of beaten gold, with a black stag prancing and rippling in the wind. Robert, Jon thought for one mad moment, remembering poor Owen, but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was “Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!”

Lord Commander Mormont made you his steward. You are a son of Winterfell, a nephew of Benjen Stark. It must be you or no one. The Wall is yours, Jon Snow.

The King in the North!

"It is not your screams I want, only your life."

"I am blood of the dragon, I have never been nothing."

"Dragons feed on horse and sheep alike."

"There are no men like me. There's only me."

"A King should die harder than this."

"Edd, fetch me a block."

"Mercy, mercy my lord." No, Jon thought, "You closed that door."

"For the watch."

He raised his eyes. "Sister. See. This time I knew you."

Asha's heart skipped a beat. "Theon?"

His lips skinned back in what might have been a grin. Half his teeth were gone, and half those still left him were broken and splintered.

"Theon," he repeated. "My name is Theon. You have to know your name."

Also:

Arianne Martell narrowed her eyes. "What is our heart's desire?"

"Vengeance." His voice was soft, as if he were afraid that someone might be listening. "Justice." Prince Doran pressed the onyx dragon into her palm with his swollen gouty fingers, and whispered, "Fire and Blood."

The North Remembers as well, but too many people have already mentioned that one.

Archived