Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 6 [show spoilers]

Seneti

Also Art Parkinson said that Rickon isn't returning until Season 7.

LOL. Well, I guess he's recast then. Sure, why not. It's only the Starks, nobody cares, he was just an "extra"...like Tommen, Mycella, the Mountain, the Mountain, Daario....I'm sure I've forgotten some recastings....

That doesn't bode well for Manderly either. And if he doesn't come back until Season 7, unless he comes back at the very beginning, it doesn't bode too well for the Northern Conspiracy either, because it means Rickon/Davos don't do anything until the very, very end. Gah.

Guys, apparently Gemma Whelan slipped at Belfast Comic Con that she's going to Croatia to film GOT!!! Does that mean that Yara will be going to Mereen this season???

Ääähh, whaaaat?!? Seriously?

Also Art Parkinson said that Rickon isn't returning until Season 7.

Again, what?!

Gemma Whelan didn't say that. She said the opposite actually, that she only gets to shoot in Belfast. Croatia shooting's been finished for almost a month anyways.

Yep, that's what I've heard, too. So I was now really surprised about the new rumour (which wouldn't make any sense, regarding both, filming and in-universe).

Both Gemma Whelan and Art Parkinson went to Belfast Comic Con a couple of days ago, thats where the info is from. I hope a video of the panel is available on the internet soon.

@Konradsmith Yes, I got that part wrong. I misunderstood. She was kidding about the Croatia part.

Gemma Whelan didn't say that. She said the opposite actually, that she only gets to shoot in Belfast. Croatia shooting's been finished for almost a month anyways.

Which does confirm our suspicious about no Ironborn whatsoever going to Mereen, which we pretty much knew since Daario stole Dany a fleet last season. So there goes the "Yara takes over Vic's role" stuff.

Wondering if they'll keep her plot similar to Asha's? Don't see where else it could go, but in absence of a Kingsmoot, I'm not sure what her driving motivation will be.

I'd put more faith in the video of her saying she only shoots in N.I. that I linked in the wotw comments this morning. I can't post links here through some glitch but if you search "Gemma Whelan Game of Thrones" in twitter, it'll come up (it was posted by the Daily Fandom).

I'd put more faith in the video of her saying she only shoots in N.I. that I linked in the wotw comments this morning. I can't post links here through some glitch but if you search "Gemma Whelan Game of Thrones" in twitter, it'll come up.

yeah no you're totally right, she was kidding about the croatia part.

@ColonelGreen Here's the IMDB thread

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/thread/236181611

Has Leaf's return actually been confirmed, or is it just old info that's been on IMDB for some time?

This CV of hers confirms that she'll be in the first episode of season 5 (possibly cut material from ep. 4.10):

http://www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/2853-1208-2052

Smoke rises from Daznak's Pit

http://instagram.com/p/unT8v7mKe4/

Fire and blood!

How many seasons the story needs depends entirely on two books that are not out yet.

Exactly, just because GRRM says that they are going to be long books doesn't mean that there is going to be a lot of meat to them storywise. We all know how much George loves his food p0rn and travelogues...

If they know it's going to be 7 Seasons, how come they've only renewed for Seasons 5 and 6 last year?

It is an unspoken rule in the TV industry to only renew shows for one season each year, because audiences can be quite fickle. Getting two season confirmed at once was a huge, unpredictable surprise. Confirming all three would have been a miracle.

Is Jaqen been sighted?

No.

ADoS is that far off that it won't even have a release date in 2017?

ADwD came out in 2011 and according to GRRM and his editor, he's about halfway through TWoW. That would put TWoW at 2017 and ADoS at 2023 - if we get it at all.

Makes you feel better in regards to what? No delay?

Spoilers ;) Let's just say there a few really great characters connected to Winterfell in book 4 and 5.

An astute point. Not sure if I mentioned this before but it also could depend on the season structure and the memorial day weekend hiatus.

Oh gods... the memorial day weekend hiatus... I know that holiday is very important for US American citizens, but f***, it pisses me off that we're most likely going to have a delay again...

Should they have announced the premiere date by now though? They didn't announce the Season 4 premiere date until January last year. 3 months before the premiere.

It would be foolish to announce the date so soon. A thousand things can go wrong during shooting and then there's all the editing and post-production work to be done... I say we'll probably get our first teaser in December, premiere date announcement around New Year's and the first proper trailer shortly after that.

So I was reading an Unsullied preview of where the series is at and where it's heading. Looks like we're at a turning point here? It said with Tywin and Joffrey dead and Tyrion and Varys on the run, we're in uncharted water so to speak. No stability anywhere now.

That and winter is coming. S*** in Westeros is about to hit the fan.

Also thanks to everyone for the new pieces of info! I will go ahead and update the first post accordingly. As always, look to the stars...

the Art comment was a single post on IMDB that included the misinformation about Gemma in Croatia so it may again be wrong.

If it is correct it could lead to some book speculation (i.e. no Rickon until ADOS) or it could also potentially mean that GOT season 5 will not have the full Northern storyline from books 4 and 5.

the Art comment was a single post on IMDB that included the misinformation about Gemma in Croatia so it may again be wrong.

Hopefully...

If it is correct it could lead to some book speculation (i.e. no Rickon until ADOS) or it could also potentially mean that GOT season 5 will not have the full Northern storyline from books 4 and 5.

... Hopefully not.

Edit: Or do you still think of Davos traveling to find Rickon? Just delayed?

But they can't delay things about the Northern storyline from ADWD till S7! S6 miiight be possible (highly unlikely IMO, if the BoW is in Season 5), but 7 - no way.

Archived