Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 6 [show spoilers]

Seneti

Right now the regulars make from $30,000 an episode (base) to $150,000 an episode (Peter and Lena). Now imagine if you had to quadruple that for every single regular, and triple what you had to pay every recurring actor. It would be an incredibly expensive mess even if nobody held out for more than that. Which, of course, some would.

If season 5 tops season 4 and season 6 tops season 5 HBO will have the money.

It will be interesting to see how season 5 does next year if the first two episodes go through the roof then HBO may greenlight season 7. After all green lighting seasons 5 and 6 is somewhat unprecedented for a show of this expense by HBO , as far as I know.

My feeling is that Dave and Dan are just about spent as it is, they have already complained , for some while now, that the show eats up all their time except for about a month and half each year, and those are probably 12 hour days 7 day a week for at least 8 months.

One scenario I could see , since GRRM has intimated that the next two novels have some BIG events in them is that knowing after season 7 they don't have any more GOT to do they could ask HBO for 12 episodes , even with the work, season 7.

A scenario I don't expect , by season 7 the show could be in the stratosphere , D and D refuse to do an 8th season, HBO , possibly with D&D's approval hands it off , after all HBO must own the 'TV rights'. If it was to Bryan Cogman and David Hill Dave and Dan might agree or even suggest them.

Sounds good to me. Yeah, I think Gemma deserves main cast membership by now. Her and Stephen Dillane will be great together. I love how GrrM keeps coming up with these odd couples! Besides Tyrion and Jorah, Stannis and Yara is probably my most-anticipated ADWD odd couple meetup. Then of course there are the show only odd couple meetups. Of those Jaime and Doran looks promising. The two of them commiserating about being crippled could make for a great scene.

It's good to get back to s5 spec btw. I imagine there are threads in the s4 section for criticism of certain scenes...

:agree:

I'm really looking forward to these said odd couples and Stannis/Yara the most (both are favourite characters of mine), when I read ACOK for the first time, and we got introduced to their characters, I'd have never ever thought that these two will meet each other later!

But I love them together and I loved "The King's Prize" and "The Sacrifice"; one thing that would make me :drool: so much, would be a Yara/Stannis fight, I know, it doesn't happen in the books, but Stannis fighting like Show!Stannis at the Blackwater also didn't happen that way, and a Gemma/Stephen fight would look so totally awesome :drool:

And she really deserves a main cast membership! (And Roose, too!)

And yeah, going back to S5 speculation is a very good idea!

^ROOOOOOOSE!

(Not a very constructive post on my part, I understand, but yeah, McElhatton more than deserves it!)

The only thing even better than a Stephen/Gemma fight or even better than Stephen/Kit squabbling would be a Stephen/Michael showdown :bowdown: Oh God, and when Stephen and Alfie will have scenes together *_________* Awww, I can't wait for it!

<3 characters (and actors) in the North <3

I think most likely the show will be 7 seasons but the last season will be extended and split. So the season will be like 16ish episodes and be split into two 8 episode mini seasons.

Also i'm not sure why some of you guys think D&D don't know that much about book 6 and 7. They probably know almost everything, just as much as GRRM knows.

I highly doubt that..

I'm really looking forward to these said odd couples and Stannis/Yara the most (both are favourite characters of mine), when I read ACOK for the first time, and we got introduced to their characters, I'd have never ever thought that these two will meet each other later!

But I love them together and I loved "The King's Prize" and "The Sacrifice"; one thing that would make me :drool: so much, would be a Yara/Stannis fight, I know, it doesn't happen in the books, but Stannis fighting like Show!Stannis at the Blackwater also didn't happen that way, and a Gemma/Stephen fight would look so totally awesome :drool:

And she really deserves a main cast membership! (And Roose, too!)

And yeah, going back to S5 speculation is a very good idea!

she would just throw an ax into his head before he could get close.

obviously season 5 is going to, in some areas leak into tWoW ... and being that we have no idea what exactly is going to happen, what if they secretly cast someone to play Howland Reed and were to reveal him late season 5?

i'm just saying...

If GRRM found that out, I bet he'd have that book ready in half a year's time

she would just throw an ax into his head before he could get close.

Yeah, I know... actually yes, but... but... I just want to see this: http://madaboutasoiaf.tumblr.com/post/88031365254/stannis-baratheon-and-asha-greyjoy-being-total together (without killing each other :/ )

obviously season 5 is going to, in some areas leak into tWoW ... and being that we have no idea what exactly is going to happen, what if they secretly cast someone to play Howland Reed and were to reveal him late season 5?

i'm just saying...

If GRRM found that out, I bet he'd have that book ready in half a year's time

I'm not convinced they will have a Howland Reed on the show.

ETA; not that it would change GRRM's writing pace at all if they did.

Sounds good to me. Yeah, I think Gemma deserves main cast membership by now. Her and Stephen Dillane will be great together. I love how GrrM keeps coming up with these odd couples! Besides Tyrion and Jorah, Stannis and Yara is probably my most-anticipated ADWD odd couple meetup. Then of course there are the show only odd couple meetups. Of those Jaime and Doran looks promising. The two of them commiserating about being crippled could make for a great scene.

It's good to get back to s5 spec btw. I imagine there are threads in the s4 section for criticism of certain scenes...

Yeah, it's especially great with Stannis because he's just interacting with his Dragonstone posse. It's not that I don't love everyone in Team Dragonstone but they've been so isolated on the show up to now. I was even very excited with his very short interaction with Mance.

EDIT: of course it would be a dream come true for Stannis to interact with Justin Massey but I have more or less learned to accept he is not to be in the show.

I done think we'll see Euron this season, but he could definitely be mentioned.

You're crushing my dreams Coldhands the Just. :spank: hehe but seriously i don't know why i am getting so defensive about the Ironborn lately, i think Euron would translate very well to the screen but maybe it's a case of 'you don't know what you want until its gone...'?

Oh and i heard Lena got $50,000 a day for doing the nude scenes in the WoS, so i'm guessing Lena is top-billed for this upcoming season

I done think we'll see Euron this season, but he could definitely be mentioned.

Yeah, I guess. Could even go as it does in the books: "Your father is dead, and the Crow's Eye has returned." *cue short Euron exposition to prepare for S6*

You're crushing my dreams Coldhands the Just. :spank: hehe but seriously i don't know why i am getting so defensive about the Ironborn lately, i think Euron would translate very well to the screen but maybe it's a case of 'you don't know what you want until its gone...'?

"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot"

I'm sorry, I don't know where that came from :leaving:

Archived