Elio and Linda... Thanks for the book

Deed

I wrote a positive review on Amazon.com to combat a bit of the troll reviews.

Thanks guys, Elio and Linda. I've been absorbed the past 2 days now, was up until 2 AM reading.

I also left a short positive review :)

Haven't got a chance to read it yet, but loved all art, more than that actually :) I am proud to have this book :) all layout is superb and there is soooo much to read!!!! I will have to read it thrice to remember something :) Basically, you have done amazing job and huge thank you to both of you :)

Although next time I would like to see more of Stark's history :D

I couldn't agre more! Thank you very much you two!

I am thoroughly enjoying the book. It looks great, and I think it reads perfectly fine. You should be proud of the work you've done.

Good stuff. Don't listen to the haters on Amazon. Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll. None of those people could do what you did working with GRRM and putting together this great parable.

King Stannis definitely would approve and when he takes his rightful throne, you can be sure he will not only claim this book from the bastard Tommen's collection, but I'm sure will give it a good read and study.

Elio, Linda, it's beautiful (I thought George was maybe exaggerating a bit when I heard him say something in a video interview a while back to the effect of "we want this to be the most memorable/high end fantasy-worlds-book ever"--but he really wasn't kidding). It's much larger and more physically stunning than I would have predicted. Of course, I want to hear about things that couldn't be included (and I of course have my fantasies about what those other sidebars that George wrote were about), but what's there is terrific. Well-written, detailed, and I like the art a lot. And of course it probably raises as many questions as it answers, but that's good--gives the Forum something to buzz about til Winds of Winter and the gathered Dunk/Egg stories volume comes out. I'll try to do an Amazon review for you, too.

Congratulations--what it's like to be co-authors of what will probably be one of the best-selling books on Earth this year? :) A bit surreal, I'd suspect.

Truly…thank you. It's wonderful.

Got the e-book quick to get it faster and not run to the store. Password was punched in at 11:59. I got ready to get ready for midnight. But… still going to the store because I want a hardcover book too.

It's great. Can't put it down….and when I do it is only because I am on the forums. :)

I've had a great day with this book. First of all, I just flipped over the pages looking at the artwork. AMAZING! Coffee and biscuits at the ready, I began to read. The way its written is clever as well. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!

My hat is raised to Elio, Linda and George, plus all the artists.

It is well worth having as a reference, and a superb compliment to the books.

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Waaaaah!!!

I can't buy the book!

I'm getting it as a birthday gift late in November, so I have to content myself with finding out about it from you guys.

Pity me :(

The great thing about this is in the future people will look at this in a similar light as we do with the Silmarilion and LOTR, it'll help build the world for them much better, even more so with the illustrations.

Ugh an illustrated Silmarillion sounds awesome.

I do hope we have more to come as far as "history" books go, except from Barth :)

I also left a short positive review :)

Haven't got a chance to read it yet, but loved all art, more than that actually :) I am proud to have this book :) all layout is superb and there is soooo much to read!!!! I will have to read it thrice to remember something :) Basically, you have done amazing job and huge thank you to both of you :)

Although next time I would like to see more of Stark's history :D

I really don't think you should write a review about a book you haven't read....

Truly…thank you. It's wonderful.

Got the e-book quick to get it faster and not run to the store. Password was punched in at 11:59. I got ready to get ready for midnight. But… still going to the store because I want a hardcover book too.

It's great. Can't put it down….and when I do it is only because I am on the forums. :)

Haha i did the same thing, bought the e-book yesterday, and got the gigantic hardcover today...and my god is it ever worth it. From the cover, to the art...it's amazing.

Archived