Small questions v. 10092

Knight Of Winter

Are Irri and Jhiqui sisters

Daenerys III

Jhiqui and Irri were of an age with Dany, Dothraki girls taken as slaves when Drogo destroyed their father's khalasar

Interestingly father is singular, does that mean irri and jhiqui are daughters of a former Khal.

It's weird that they've never been mentioned as sisters throughout the books, even though they do squabble like sisters.

Are Irri and Jhiqui sisters

Daenerys III

Interestingly father is singular, does that mean irri and jhiqui are daughters of a former Khal.

It's weird that they've never been mentioned as sisters throughout the books, even though they do squabble like sisters.

I don't think they are..

How should it be stated then, with multiple fathers being meant?

I read it as the father of each girl had been part of a khalassar, and this khalassar had been destroyed by Drogo.

I don't think they are..

How should it be stated then, with multiple fathers being meant?

I read it as the father of each girl had been part of a khalassar, and this khalassar had been destroyed by Drogo.

Fathers' maybe, I'm not sure english isn't my strong suit.

also their names are so similar eg. horas/hobber, sarra/serra

Fathers' maybe, I'm not sure english isn't my strong suit.

also their names are so similar eg. horas/hobber, sarra/serra

Franklyn, you are right. If he was trying to show it was different fathers then the apostrophe should have come after the s:

Fathers'

So by making it father's, he is implying it's the same father. However a complete lack of other references to them being related means this could be a typo.

Though I've just read the passage you quoted and it looks to me very much that GRRM is saying they are sisters so :dunno:

Edited to add: Though I don't think it necessarily implies their father was the khal as "father's khalasar" could just mean the khalasar to which their father belonged, not his own khalasar.

^ I wouldn't say so, especially not at a young age, tho Idk how young your weeest are, but maybe that's just me. I would argue the difference in age is less noticeable the older you get.

To me its just that sisters literally have to be almost a year apart, and more likely to be at least a little bit over, and if 1 sister is older there would probably be some element of big sis little sis going on in their relationship, which I don't see.

^ I wouldn't say so, especially not at a young age, tho Idk how young your weeest are, but maybe that's just me. I would argue the difference in age is less noticeable the older you get.

To me its just that sisters literally have to be almost a year apart, and more likely to be at least a little bit over, and if 1 sister is older there would probably be some element of big sis little sis going on in their relationship, which I don't see.

They're very wee and aging me fast.

I agree with Oegon and Franklyn, the quote implies they are sisters, however you wouldn't normally say sisters are of an age unless they are twins...

The quote says that they are "of an age with Dany" which would mean that one is a year older and the other a year younger yet be said to be "of an age".

Jon and Robb (as brothers) are said to be "of an age" of each other both the same age.

I would say that GRRM uses the phrase as a generality with a give or take of a year or two.

Brienne says that Cersei's two sons are of an age with Catelyn's two sons. There is a 3 year gap between Robb and Joff.

Sansa reckon's Myranda Royce is of an age with Mya Stone but it seems there is about three year gap.

Alys Karstark according to Jon is of an age with him and Robb with a year in the difference.

So being of an age with some one in Westeros can mean anything from being the same age or a difference of three years.

The two girls may be "of an age with Dany" but that could mean they are three years apart them selves and be aged one on either side of Dany's age.

If they are sister's it would seem there would be more mention of the familial relationship. Maybe they were intended to be sisters but the confirmation ended up on the editor's floor.

Did the Valyrians send 300 or 3000 dragons against the Rhoynar? 3000 seems way too overkill.

And the dragons came. Not three, as Prince Garin had faced at Volon Therys, but three hundred or more, if the tales that have come down to us can be believed.

We are told that Roslin Frey-Tully prays for a daughter because if she has a son her lord father will execute Edmure.

Why would Walder want to have Edmure killed if he has a son?

If the current situation were to continue, the Lannister's regime are victorious, Edmure is no longer a lord and there is no need to kill him...it is his son's who are the danger so from a Frey POV any of his children should be killed off to protect House Frey of Riverrun.

As I would see it Edmure and his children, his sons in particular should have more to fear from Lady Genna and Lord Emmon than from Lord Walder.

From Walder's stand point it would make more sense to kill the son yet it appears that Walder wants Edmure to have a son...if what Roslin, Jaime and Ser Daven say is true it is implied that a daughter is not what Walder is waiting for but a Tully grandson.

A daughter is seen as a way for House Frey of Riverrun to put the rival claim's by any Tully to rest by marrying her to Tywin Frey.

A son is promised some land when he earns a knighthood...making House Tully landed knights, lowly but still a rival claim to Riverrun in some eyes.

And so the question..why does Walder need a Tully grandson? A strip of land in the westerlands is hardly worth the trouble.

I personally agree with your sentiment, but I think the thought process is that the baby would remain a hostage, while Edmure would be killed, and a baby is much easier to manage and can be raised to think what you want it to think.

But a hostage against who?

Edmure dead and Blackfish an outlaw on the run there is no-one really who would rally around little Walder Tully.

And Edmure is a Lannister hostage and not Walder's.

And Jaime says that Lady Roslin and babay are to be sent to Casterly Rock to join Edmure thereby removing any involvement from Walder.

So why not kill Edmure regardless of the gender of the baby...if Walder wants a Tully hostage who is not Edmure, he has Edmure's only child, his daughter.

Walder only needs a Tully hostage to stop any Tullys from causing trouble but with Edmure dead and Blackfish old and a fugitive there is no real need for a hostage.

And any other Tully blood claims would actually want Edmure's line to die so they could press their own claim.

So it seems that Walder wants Roslin to have a male Tully....even one who would be reared as a Frey is a rival to his Frey cousins in Riverrun....maybe Walder just wants to f*ck with Emmon's head!!

Archived