Telltale's Game of Thrones: Spoilers Are Coming

l2 0 5 5

I'm going with Andros and what's his face, the two Whitehill merchants

Why would that help their cause though? Big risk to take for little perceivable reward, Tyrion wouldn't suddenly become more inclined to take up their offer. Also how would they acquire the services of a Lannister guard? I don't think there's any obvious candidate atm but the guard's allegience does point suggestion towards Cersei.

Nope. He does it every time. It's important to the later plot.

Well that stinks. It made me sad when that happened lol!

I would buy every episode if it wasn't so dang glitchy. It fc's all the time so I'm not sure I'm going to buy the next episode yet.

The walking dead worked really well. Occasionally the subtitles would come up in a different language but other than that it was good.

I'm surprised by all the people complaining about bugs. Are you guys playing on consoles? I've had only one bug with TWD where it failed to carry over the savegame from the first episode, but that one took half a minute to fix, and I've never had any problem with Telltale games since then.

My husband played it on Xbox One. His decisions didn't carry over and there was a glitch that kept getting him killed over and over again. I eventually took it over from him and figured out how to get past the glitch so he could continue the story.

I prefer playing it on iOS, which is fucked all to hell (pardon my language). Not only have my saves been lost when I reinstalled the app (which wasn't supposed to happen), but I installed the second episode and it says I didn't. I can't even open it. So I will have to play through the entire first episode again to get my progress back and I can't take it off my phone if I want to keep it that way. I also have to wait for them to fix it so I can actually play the second episode.

PC users seem to be fine. I've seen some issues with the PS format (missing characters, whatnot). But Xbox One and iOS seem to be the most problematic.

I'm surprised by all the people complaining about bugs. Are you guys playing on consoles? I've had only one bug with TWD where it failed to carry over the savegame from the first episode, but that one took half a minute to fix, and I've never had any problem with Telltale games since then.

I'm playing on android. I haven't had any save issues just the fc's. They happen at the most inopportune times. i.e. Right when I'm really into the story.

Wow, is the iOS version that bad? I was planning on playing The Wolf Among Us on my iPhone when I'm not around my PC, but I guess I won't bother.

I finally got it downloaded an installed after some messing around (I think there was some extra update I had to install, as well). It didn't have all of my choices (because my saves were deleted when I uninstalled it from my phone), but it did have some of them (not sure why, but maybe they were still there but hidden). I'm going to play through from the beginning again and see how it works. The first episode was fine, and I had no issues with it. I think they simply rushed this one too much. Hopefully they will learn from that with the next episode.

The play-through of the second episode went really smoothly, though.

It's pretty much always a problem with new releases when it comes to Telltale- but I don't think there would be such issues with old releases like TWAU. Of course, I would check the latest reviews of it just to see- I haven't play TWAU (but I have watched LPs of it), but I am interested in doing so after GoT.

so... I updated & so far it hasn't fc'd once BUT I have purchased the second episode & the game doesn't recognize it. It still just says 'Available now' when I click on it the Google play store pops up & tells me 'you have already purchased this'

Hmm...I had to go to episodes in the menu and click on the episode and download it directly from Telltale's server on my iPhone.

Hmm...I had to go to episodes in the menu and click on the episode and download it directly from Telltale's server on my iPhone.

Yeah me too. But when I do that it takes me to the buy screen like I haven't already bought it. I clicked buy thinking my first purchase didn't go through & it tells me I already bought it. I'll have to email the developer.

Yeah me too. But when I do that it takes me to the buy screen like I haven't already bought it. I clicked buy thinking my first purchase didn't go through & it tells me I already bought it. I'll have to email the developer.

It told me that too, at first. I bought it from iTunes, so I went on the actual iTunes site on my computer and updated it from there onto my computer and then onto my phone.

But like I said, every platform has some issue or another.

I'm kind of curious where everyone thinks this story is headed. I get the feeling that:

At some point the Forrester's are going to align themselves with Stannis. With the Whitehill's being so closely aligned to the Bolton's I have a feeling this story will conclude with the battle of Ice at Winterfell. Which of course now really makes me think we'll see that at the end of season 5 on HBO, with the last episode being released after the season finale airs.

I'm kind of curious where everyone thinks this story is headed. I get the feeling that:

At some point the Forrester's are going to align themselves with Stannis. With the Whitehill's being so closely aligned to the Bolton's I have a feeling this story will conclude with the battle of Ice at Winterfell. Which of course now really makes me think we'll see that at the end of season 5 on HBO, with the last episode being released after the season finale airs.

I'm not sure if we'll make it that far, though I agree that the devs probably want to line up a bit with the books, so we'll probably end up with Stannis. I'm just not sure if it'll be this season since I heard its already been confirmed there'll be multiple ones, and I'm assuming we're sticking with House Forrester through them.

I don't think there will be more than one season. Six episodes are enough to tell the story of the Forresters.

It doesn't really have to be about the Forresters. If it's commercially successful, I think a new season is pretty much a given. The Walking Dead didn't need a second season either, but that didn't stop them - they're even making the third one right now. Another season of The Wolf Among Us is all but confirmed as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if Game of Thrones got the same treatment.

It doesn't really have to be about the Forresters. If it's commercially successful, I think a new season is pretty much a given. The Walking Dead didn't need a second season either, but that didn't stop them - they're even making the third one right now. Another season of The Wolf Among Us is all but confirmed as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if Game of Thrones got the same treatment.

Fair enough, I don't know why, but I always assumed GoT will be a one season game.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally can come back to this thread after getting time to play the second episode:

Started out continuing my tradition of being hot garbage at the combat sequences and relying on knowing what's coming to get it right the second third fourth time around, but eventually I got Asher where he needed to go.

Rodrik refused milk of the poppy because Grey Rats. Still not cool with that master. Figured if the Whitehill goons wanted the wine so bad I'd let them be drunk on the stuff, the better to jump on them later.

Figured it was best to not bullshit Mr. Frostfinger. Tried to get as little involved as possible between the other two. Decided to be open and honest with Jon Snow because c'mon of course I'm gonna pal up with Jon Snow in a Game Of Thrones game. Really enjoyed the segment where they're swapping Red Wedding misery. And ACTUALLY ACED THE COMBAT TRAINING FOR ONCE. I'm getting better!

Fuck Serra. Even if she's not working for Cersei she might as well because she's such a soft Southron she'll give Cersei everything the instant she puts the screws to her anyway. Not sure how much longer Tyrion will be in a position to help me but on the other side I probably won't have to live up to anything I promise him either. Continuing to play it straight vis a vis Margaery and did not forge, which was immediately validated :)

Made it worth it for Eleana's family to buy in so that marriage is still on. Told Whitehill to shove that ring up his own sizeable ass (more or less). Shut Up Mom You Are Not Helping.

Obvious Trap Is Obvious. Kinda annoyed I got plotrailed into taking Mira to that midnight meeting. Good news for her is between my slowly getting the hang of Telltale combat and the placement of chapters (and totally seeing this shit coming) she is now House Forrester's Deadliest Warrior in my playthrough :) Finally cut The Little Bird some slack since he did kinda save my life. Starting to second-guess holding onto the knife though. Figured I might need a weapon on me later but now it's gonna be in my room next time it's ransacked, isn't it? Ooops. There's no fingerprinting in Westeros, after all.

Still not feeling good about Mama Forrester, though I'm a little more willing to buy into sending for Asher being a "pull out all the stops" and less of a usurpation/succession crisis. Whitehill's daughter (Asher's ex?) is kinda interesting and I'm kinda sure she's not just the "Good Cop" to her dad's Bad, but it's gonna be a while before I'm not wary of her.

It was nice to finally catch up with all of your experiences and impressions, even several weeks late :)

Archived