Why did Jaime and Tyrion get along?

Seaworth'sShipmate

I never got way Jaime just didn't tell the truth of why he killed Aerys.

Ned: You killed the king you swore to protect Kingslayer.

Jaime: He was going to burn everyone to death.

Ned: Oh, I didn't know. That must have been a hard choice. Good job.

I just burst out laughing haha you make it sound so easy. He understood the players in the game and made the move he was supposed to. House Lannister came late to the cause, they can't afford a feud with North at this point.

I just burst out laughing hahah but seriously you make it sound so easy.

He understood the players in the game and made the move he was supposed to. House Lannister came late to the cause, they can't afford a feud with North at this point.

I just burst out laughing haha you make it sound so easy. He understood the players in the game and made the move he was supposed to. House Lannister came late to the cause, they can't afford a feud with North at this point.

And how on Earth telling Ned about the wildfire creates a feud with the North?

Revealing that Aerys planned to burn the city not only helps Jaime, but is also helps Ned and Robert, since it provides even more justification for their rebellion.

The Brandon and incest bit is pretty damn evil.

everything jaime has done has been for his family. pushing brandon out the window was horrible but it was for cersei (his family.) yes jaime and cersei are incestive but the Targs have been doing it for centries and dany wouldve eventually been with visery if things went to plan.

Because they were brothers. Simple as that; why do brothers usually get along? Not everyone is crazy and evil like Cersei to hate their brother since birth and even more after some prophecy.

Jaime is actually a kind hearted guy yet that doesn't mean he hasn't done some very bad deeds.

A lot of people seem to forget that he ordered Jory's death simply to "teach Ned a lesson" and injured Ned. Sure he did it because his brother was kidnapped and this is another indication that shows his love for Tyrion, yet it was very rash nonetheless and killing Jory and Ned's other men was a terrible thing to do.

I think that what separates Jamie from Cersei was basically his dyslexia. Unlike Cersei who lived much of her young life in her father's good books, Jamie knew exactly how Tywin acted when something wasn't good enough and needed to be corrected. He would sit down and use all possible methods to correct it irrespective if its sensible or not. Such experience may have changed Jamie enough to sympathize with Tyrion cause.

I think that what separates Jamie from Cersei was basically his dyslexia. Unlike Cersei who lived much of her young life in her father's good books, Jamie knew exactly how Tywin acted when something wasn't good enough and needed to be corrected. He would sit down and use all possible methods to correct it irrespective if its sensible or not. Such experience may have changed Jamie enough to sympathize with Tyrion cause.

Dyslexia?

Jaime has no reason to tell Ned and Ned has no reason to believe him.

No reason to tell him? That's ridiculous. Telling him leads to Jaime not being called the Kingslayer, not becoming one of the most hated man in the 7 Kingdoms and a his name synonymous with dishonor. Politically wise, it's also good in the sense that provides more justification for the Rebellion and would make even the most ardent Targaryen supporters hesitate when they heard the news.

Ned would have less reason to believe him, but Jaime could just tell his men where to look.

Jaime doesn't have dyslexia. That's a show invention.

What little snippets we get of Jaime and Cersei as a kid make me think Jaime really was kind of a reserved, quiet, empathetic child. Cersei seemed to be the one that was really out there - outgoing, assertive, etc. Of course most of this is from Cersei's memories so it may be clouded of course.

So, I think they were just different. Jaime was inclined to love Tyrion because Jaime as a child was inclined to love others generously. Cersei, not so much. She was always inclined to feel slighted and under appreciated.

The Brandon and incest bit is pretty damn evil.

I wouldn't call the incest itself evil. Twisted, sure, and reckless to the point of stupidity where the kids are involved (I'd love to know if there was any discussion about the kids and the fact that they've really got themselves at risk now). But in and of itself I wouldn't call it evil. Evil acts become necessary to cover it up, but that much would be the case for a queen and her lover even if he wasn't her brother.

As for the OP, Jaime and Tyrion get along because they love in similar ways. Remember Tyrion thinking he'd forgive Jaime almost anything? Remember Jaime being willing to do just about anything for Cersei or Tyrion?

They also both are capable of sympathizing with others - a trait Cersei lacks entirely. Both of them suppress it - Tyrion in ADWD, Jaime after becoming Kingslayer up to late ASOS into AFFC.

He does.

And it was. He saved the entire city with two men's deaths. I'd be proud of it too were I Jaime.

He doesn't hide it out of shame, it was out of pride and anger. He saw Ned looking at him, judging him, and he refused to make nice by telling the truth. Stupid, but Jaime was arrogant, angry, insulted probably, and seventeen. And yes, I think the seventeen part counts for a lot.

He also seems to think the truth wouldn't have mattered, because he still broke his vow - he didn't even tell Cersei even though he did tell her about Ned finding him on the IT. I'm less sure of that; someone like Barristan might still look down on him, and others too (I can never decide how Stannis would've reacted to the truth had Robert died and left him as next probable king), but Ned I think would at least understand it was two bad choices and if Jaime lost his honor he did it to save people.

Archived