NFL Week 16: Bag Boy vs The Legion of Boom

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Seeing people blame weather for a loss is....something i can't say out loud.

It's like only the Broncos played in the rain.

Honestly one of my most hated excuses. If you can't win in rain/wind/snow, then maybe you really aren't that good compared to players who can.

Is Manning a problem? Hell if I know. Hard to get a read on it since the coaches have been shuffling around both personnel and the playbook since the pats game. Personally I would love to go back to arcade mode and see if the D can hold up to it; Manning just isn't seeing the D's from center (I know they went shotgun in the second half too, BUT it was a mid game switch instead of the plan).

He should lay off the Poppa John's.

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/ManningPicksix_zpsd318ee34.jpg.html

Not really a straw man when you claim "That game was decided by who slipped and it was Peyton (or the ball in Peyton's hand)" and "hate pouring rain football almost as much as snow and wind football. Game deciding. Perhaps season deciding for the Broncos." You're the one claiming that the weather was the deciding factor, not the teams. You make the assumption from there that Denver would have won without the weather since it was game deciding which is not really supported at all.

There was no evidence the ball slipped out of Manning's hand. He was making the same poor reads before the weather started. And the running game that they have relied on over the past 4 games dried up. The blame on the weather is ridiculous and tiresome.

Obviously the Bengals defensive gameplan was fantastic and it confused Manning, Gruden pointed that out a few times. Bengals won the game fair and square. However ( I am not trying to find any excuse for Peyton), the weather in general can have a huge impact. And "both teams were playing out there" is sometimes misleading. If the weather turns so bad that it becomes near impossible to play football, the team whoever was leading at that time has a massive advantage. I think last year the pats were down by a score against the Bengals and was driving for a win when the monsoon started. Brady and the offense had not played well in that game. But after the deluge started, there was only one possible outcome. Credit the Bengals for winning that game. But the conditions in the last few minutes made it impossible for the Pats to have any say in the outcome.

That being said, hats off the Bengals. Not only Manning look physically spent, they won the mental side of the game. Other than the third and part of the fourth quarter when Manning seemed to have found some rhythm, Peyton had trouble reading that D. He looked more like the Sanchize than PFM.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000448444/article/tony-romo-deserves-mvp-for-driving-dallas-cowboys-success

Gil Brandt says Tony Romo the MVP. It is hard to disagree.

I would still give it to JJ Watt as his production is completely irreplaceable.

It isn't even certain that Romo is the most valuable player in that offense. With the way that the Cowboys are built, they will go as far as Demarco Murray can take them.

Rodgers has played better and done so against significantly better defenses over the season. It's pretty easy to disagree with romo actually. In addition to that, romo has had a better running game and better pass protection than Rodgers, and still not produced as well.

Rodgers has played better and done so against significantly better defenses over the season. It's pretty easy to disagree with romo actually. In addition to that, romo has had a better running game and better pass protection than Rodgers, and still not produced as well.

Don't be so quick to disregard Eddie Lacy. That said, I don't think any of the QB's have stood out enough from their peers to deserve the MVP. Rodgers will get it because the media is in love with him (They always liked Manning, but the Rodgers love is a dark and obsessive thing), but I personally would love to see it either go to J.J. Watt or be shared between him and Tom Brady.

It isn't even certain that Romo is the most valuable player in that offense. With the way that the Cowboys are built, they will go as far as Demarco Murray can take them.

I don't agree. Romo is definitely the MVP of the Cowboys offense. Now i don't think he deserve the MVP of the league, but he should be in the discussion.

Randle has a better YPC (obviously a much smaller sample size, but Randle looks damn good behind that O-line when given the chance), shows how good the O-line is for run blocking. Yet Romo has been sacked more than Rodgers, so the pass blocking isn't perfect.

Romo is definitely MVP of the Cowboys. Maybe 4th-5th ranked in the league for MVP.

I think lacy is great, but he hasn't had the production Murray has, and the rest of the line has not protected Rodgers nearly as well as what romo has had.

That Packers O-line is much improved over previous incarnations, though. Rodgers holds onto the ball a lot, which makes his line look bad when he takes sacks long after he should have gotten rid of the ball.

But anyways, I'm not arguing for Romo so much as arguing not to put Rodgers on the pedestal. Sure, I get that Rodgers is gonna win, and I get that he certainly deserves it, but too many people are screaming 'RODGERS IS THE ONLY CHOICE, IF YOU DON'T VOTE RODGERS YOU LIKED 9-11!!!!' for my liking.

Seeing people blame weather for a loss is....something i can't say out loud.

It's like only the Broncos played in the rain.

Honestly one of my most hated excuses. If you can't win in rain/wind/snow, then maybe you really aren't that good compared to players who can.

Yep, why am I not surprised. It's near impossible for some to give the Bengals any credit. Make any excuses you want but they were the better team last night. End of story.

Don't get me wrong - Rodgers isn't playing at some historic level. He's the best qb this year. That's it. This would be a great year to give it to watt, who is having an absurd year and is responsible for that team even having a hope at the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong - Rodgers isn't playing at some historic level. He's the best qb this year. That's it. This would be a great year to give it to watt, who is having an absurd year and is responsible for that team even having a hope at the playoffs.

That's all I wanted to hear from another human being who isn't HowdyPhillip! Just an acknowledgement that Rodgers isn't the direct incarnation of Christ on the field this year!

God damnit, there are too many people with cute women avatars. I keep thinking that Jaime is having a conversation with himself, only to see that Mexal and Jaxom are also talking.

And by the oil drop experiment I was referring to the pitch drop experiment (oops), which has been going since 1927 and has dropped like 8 times in that time. It's very exciting - people watch desperately to see if they'll be the ones to see the pitch drop. Or to see TRich gain more than 1 yard.

Oh, Ray... the sponge migrated about a foot and a half....

It actually dropped 9 times, the most recent in april of this year... which means that you might as well not even pay attention until 2032, the date when the last ASoIaF book is released.

And yeah, I don't see how you can say Denver lost because of the rain. It might have been a factor, but not a 9 point one. Denver had no good answer for the cinci running attack, had big special teams lapses and manning made bad choices. Cinci kept trying to give denver the game with turnovers and stupid penalties, but Denver kept giving it right back.

And yeah, I don't see how you can say Denver lost because of the rain. It might have been a factor, but not a 9 point one. Denver had no good answer for the cinci running attack, had big special teams lapses and manning made bad choices. Cinci kept trying to give denver the game with turnovers and stupid penalties, but Denver kept giving it right back.

I, at least, an not suggesting the train was the reason the Broncos lost. I'm merely saying if every team was in a dome, then the psychical skill of the players is the ultimate decider on who wins or loses.

Archived