Dumbest Lord in Westeros history

C.T. Phipps

Balon, because he was lucky enough to get away from his dumbassery with his head in the first time and did it again.

Well yeah, I have to agree.

Yea never understood how he thought he'd survive that, maybe there's more to it

Like he thought he had Tywins protection. He wants to crown Rhaegar.

The Ironborn's entire history seems to be one moron after another with rare exceptions. If the Targaryens flip a coin between genius and madness, the Ironborn flip one for rapist and moron.

And the coin lands on its edge half the time.

[emoji8] , damn! That's cold but...true

I've said on another thread, but Victarion comes over as intelligent, humane, and enlightened, compared to most of the other Ironborn.

Lol, he's smarter than people gives him credit for.

Afaik he was taken prisoner in Austria. This is a bit different from a englishman kidnapping him in England, whch wouldbe an equivalent of what the Darkyns did.

Without having read the World book, I agree that the Darklyns, Balon Greyjoy and a few Targs (Arion, Aerys and depening o how the prophecy will unfold itself Rhagar come to mind) are amongst the dumbest lords in Westerosi history. I choose the Darklyns.

How bout James II of Scotland, better?

The Ironborn Lord of Bear Island, for losing Bear Island in a wrestling match. Why?????

There are no words, lol!

My vote goes to Edmure Tully. I don't care, attack away, that's my choice and I'm not defending it.

Well yeah, I have to agree.

Like he thought he had Tywins protection. He wants to crown Rhaegar.

[emoji8] , damn! That's cold but...true

Lol, he's smarter than people gives him credit for.

How bout James II of Scotland, better?

There are no words, lol!

My vote goes to Edmure Tully. I don't care, attack away, that's my choice and I'm not defending it.

I don't really think the circumstances were the same. James II was essentially held as a prisoner even after his regency ended, but it's a bit different to a sovereign being kidnapped by one of his subjects.

aegon 2 targaryen.

got his entire direct family killed.

why just why did he have to try and take the iron throne?

he was young and there were plenty of other kingdom's he could have easily taken. he could have conqued lys or pentos, myr, Qohor, Volantis, tyrosh, or took all of them and named himself king of those country's.

but no he had to go for the pointy chair. and in doing so piss off the one person the the world with enough dragon's to defy him.

I don't really think the circumstances were the same. James II was essentially held as a prisoner even after his regency ended, but it's a bit different to a sovereign being kidnapped by one of his subjects.

He was the only other king I could think of off the top of my head.

Francois I of France.

Fell in his Italian wars with HRE, he was kept confined for 2 yrs, forced to wed Charles wife, high ass ransom and send his sons to stand for his good behavior

You gotta put Rhaegar up there. He ended the family dynasty by managing to get himself, his wife, his father, and his kids killed by starting a civil war, all over woman he couldn't have. He was too stupid to consider the consequences of kidnapping and possibly raping her.

On the other hand Ilyn Payne could also be considered the "dumbest"

Yeah, it's got to be Balon. He's a major fuckup.

He wasn't in charge during Robert's Rebellion, and the Iron Fleet didn't exist at the time. Not saying that his rebellion was well-timed or a smart idea, but starting it during Robert's Rebellion wasn't a feasible option, either.

I don't think Reyne is that dumb. In hindsight his actions led to the demise of his House and House Tarbeck, but Tywin wasn't his liege lord and even acted against his father's wishes - it's easy to understand why Reyne thought he could get away with what he did. Had Tywin been his liege lord he'd have tread more carefully.

Janos Bracken? He failed to bring raventree to the king's peace when it took Jamie less than a day. And he banged his whore in the tent where people know to find him if they need something from him. He's not exactly wise...

I think he's the one hiding the Blackfish and he works together with Tytos Blackwood.

Archived