2014 Crackpot of the Year: THE VOTE

Salafi Stannis

Apparently, people don't understand what a good crackpot is supposed to be. That said, this list is BS.

Well, maybe you can enlighten us with a little bit of criteria to decide what is good crackpot. But I'm afraid the thread would turn into What a crackpot theory is? I think if any nonsense is rewarded, low quality craziness would be unleashed, so I prefer that they work a little before posting any BS as funny as it might be. Besides, if someone propose a theory, they have to show some awesomeness. After all, any straight BS is too obviously wrong.

ETA: I've already voted in page 2.

Can't decide, it's so hard!!!

btw,. I think the whole Christmas cards thing was a work by many enthusiasts who collaborated there. It was Ser Cold Hands, me, Apple and I can't remember more.

Yes, but TheHouseHB was the person who made the first thread, and was the first who suggested it could be a TWoW countdown.

It's not about the best or the worst. Just the most popular

From the original thread

2014 has been a year of theories, from the laughably crackpot to the virtually canon. Here we vote on which you think decides to win the 2014 ASoIaF Crackpot Award. You can vote on a thread because you think it's the funniest, or if you think it's the stupidest, or the strangest, or whatever, as long as you truly think it deserves the award. The 10 most popular theories will be made the official nominees, and I will start a new thread, where you can vote on the winner. The author of the winning thread will be henceforth declared the Crackpot King/Queen. Poll closes whenever the voting plateaus.

Apparently, people don't understand what a good crackpot is supposed to be. That said, this list is BS.

So, you go to the previous thread just to shit all over it, then you come to this thread, again, just to shit all over it. So, my question is... why?

btw,. I think the whole Christmas cards thing was a work by many enthusiasts who collaborated there. It was Ser Cold Hands, me, Apple and I can't remember more.

Yeah, I also think it should count as joint effort, but that is for the propagation of the idea. TheHouseHB first came up with the idea so it's fair he gets most credit.

But it was not crackpot, people consider it such now they know tit's wrong, had we been right this thread wouldn't even exist, all of board members would have faces planted in TWOW

As for my vote, even thought ANTS is nice analysis, HS=HR is good too but with much bigger scope and more detailed layout.

2014 was a bad year for crackpots. Absolutely nothing worth considering. If this is a vote for the worst crackpot then I vote for Karl Ned followed by HR=HS.

True. Nothing this year made me just be stunned and say "wow"... Actually, I lie. I was wowed several times in not so good way.

So, you go to the previous thread just to shit all over it, then you come to this thread, again, just to shit all over it. So, my question is... why?

I usually use bathroom for that. As for this list, I just see how uninspiring the work on theories this year was (unlike 2013, for example). It is nothing personal towards you, just an observation on fandom.

As for vote, if I am to vote between these choices, let it be HS=HR... Out of sheer belief the supporters showed this summer

That's kinda his thing.

Awwwwwwww.

I'll have to go with Antz, on account of the absolute certainty with which the OP asserts the veracity of his theory. Oh, and because throughout the thread the OP provides evidence in the form of links to his other theories. I acknowledge that HR=HS was conducted with a similar degree of focus on strange details, but.............ANTZ!

I'll have to go with Antz, on account of the absolute certainty with which the OP asserts the veracity of his theory. Oh, and because throughout the thread the OP provides evidence in the form of links to his other theories. I acknowledge that HR=HS was conducted with a similar degree of focus on strange details, but.............ANTZ!

How could have I forgotten that? The ants...

The phrase "eye of the beholder" comes to mind.

Probably... But I am firm believer in those few around here who give us so crazy theories that at the end, you have to believe in. That is crackpot for me. Not contest in who can come up with greatest nonsense this year.

Archived