16th Century Fantasy series

lwhitehead

What is happening in this thread?

well. my novel series is also set in this period. So even though I didn't start the thread I am trying to keep the thread alive until we get some cool recommendations.

Really struggling with Heilwig's story: whilst their are a lot of stories about nuns, they tend to be English nuns, it's surprising that I can't find anything set in Germany in this period. Heilwig's first story takes place in  1545.

Dunnet's the bomb, but I prefer King Hereafter, set much earlier.

Anyways, this thread so far as I can make out is about a poster who wants to write a biography about a hundred year old Asian pirate-nun named Thomas who sails her ship the Warhammer across the seas of Pangea in search of a new world where she can be free of the religious persecution dealt out to those who worship cowbells in the privacy of their own desktop publishing companies.

Have you considered turning this idea into a motion picture? I'm thinking claymation is the way to go.

Terry Gilliam's name was briefly attached to the project, but he's rumoured to have pulled out due to what has been described by one source as 'creative differences' and another source as 'brunch'.

Dunnet's the bomb, but I prefer King Hereafter, set much earlier.

Anyways, this thread so far as I can make out is about a poster who wants to write a biography about a hundred year old Asian pirate-nun named Thomas who sails her ship the Warhammer across the seas of Pangea in search of a new world where she can be free of the religious persecution dealt out to those who worship cowbells in the privacy of their own desktop publishing companies.

my novel has nuns/virgin priestesses and pirates.

The Pangea thing is difficult. One of the few things that probably go to far in Alternative Universe fic is changing the geography. I think I have given Australia and Fiji slightly different trade wins (making Fiji/New Zealand trips to Australia and back slightly easier) but Pangea makes things much more different and even more different from actual history (and the absence of Christianity and Islam is a pretty major difference).

Archived