Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 8 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

Just a thought and i think it's a real possibility they would. Not saying the service won't be ready, but they definitely want to launch it with Season 5.

No, it's really not. There's a lot of planning that goes into scheduling these things; debuts are staggered. Not to mention publicity events and tours in support of the new season, etc.

Just being pernickety but in the OP, Lacy Moore and Nigel O'Neill are listed as TBA and then again further down with the character names.

Thankfully, that's the one kind of nitpicking that I'm okay with for this thread :P I'll edit it right away.

We essentially have eight major storylines this year, which is the fewest that we've had in years (and should allow for more relative screentime to be spent on each one). Furthermore, each storyline will be more or less centered around a specific protagonist:

1. King's Landing (Cersei, supported by Margaery, Tommen, and the High Sparrow)

2. Dorne (Jaime, supported by Bronn, Doran, and the Sand Snakes)

3. The Wall (Jon, supported by Stannis, Melisandre, Davos, Sam, Tormund, Gilly, Mance, Alliser, etc.)

4. Winterfell (Theon/Reek, supported by Ramsay and Roose Bolton)

5. The Vale (Sansa, supported by Baelish and possibly Brienne)

6. Braavos (Arya, supported by Jaqen/The Kindly Man)

7. The Free Cities (Tyrion, supported by Varys and Jorah)

8. Meereen (Daenerys, supported by Daario, Barristan, Missandei, Grey Worm, and Hizdahr)

[9]. The Vale and the Riverlands (Brienne, if you think that she and Podrick will be on their own for most of the season)

Very good summary, SoManyVows. This is also exactly what D&D where referring to, when they said the GoT universe was as big as it was ever going to get in season 4. It's not so much about how many characters you have on screen, but on how they connect to and interact with each other. Merging story lines and focusing the action on a few geographical areas certainly helps a lot.

Who is jon fighting anyways.

I see wildlings entering something in a hurry and then jon attacking someone that looks like a wildling.

Maybe he does go to Hardhome? That's the only reason I can think of for Jon to fight Wildlings, and the only reason I can think of for some sort of fort on the water with Wildlings rushing it.

That would actually make a lot of sense if that was the scene that took them a month to shoot.

I had the random idea that they might change the Ides of March from a seemingly-out-nowhere stabbing to a full on fight for the sake of drama, but that's just my crackpot. I can't think of anymore battles Jon has to fight, unless D&D are adding original scenes/leaping into TWoW material.

I had the random idea that they might change the Ides of March from a seemingly-out-nowhere stabbing to a full on fight for the sake of drama, but that's just my crackpot. I can't think of anymore battles Jon has to fight, unless D&D are adding original scenes/leaping into TWoW material.

Good theory it might be, but I hope not. I think Jon getting stabbed repeatedly by his brothers in the midst of chaos would be a pretty dramatic scene!

Archived