Acrophilia 5: And the winner is......

Dolorous Gabe

My first thought - Holy Crap, these are all impossible...

Second thought - OK, maybe not. I got this.

I expect to be back at the first thought later today.

ETA: Fragile Bird - You can blame the Toronto Maple Leafs for me spelling leaves leafs... Sorry. :uhoh:

Yay LEAFS!

GLG

Or is it already too late?

I am not a voter, but I wanted to say that Lynesse clue is one of my favorites of all the games -- it is both simple and poetic, and folds onto itself! :ninja:

I also very much do not think that the characters to guess should be limited to only those appearing. It is the opposite, if characters do not appear, but are mentioned, it is mostly for interesting reasons and they are even more memorable than those who appear, like Lyle Crakenhall!

I do not think he should have been given out this round :ninja: I liked to guess him, but it seems to have been unfair to have gotten him to make a clue for.

I recall getting Serra once, who I did not recall anything about whatsoever. I basically spelt out who she was in relation to Magister Illyrio so guessers might realise where to look for the information, but I may have been lucky that the letters allowed me to do that clearly.

I gave it to you. There were two difference's from Lyle. First, even being a minor character Serra is central to fAegon mystery, she is directly and closely attached to a quite known character Illyrio, there was that unusual and grim thing that happened to her body and (although this might be only noted by me), she is only one of about two characters in the entire series who have something like a portrait made of them. While Lyle mostly is someone who Cersei got mad at and that fits almost all the other characters :ninja: Second, I had to give out Serra that round. There was a very small pool of characters to choose from and I had to barricade against them all fitting a theme I did not intend to.

I do not mean to say that the host does not mean well, just that maybe that is something to be considered in the next things :ninja: It would be great to have a whole round of very minor characters.

As a matter of interest - since it was never made clear to me - did you spot the hidden free theme hint? I'm quite interested in how you got the theme? a shadow got it from the hidden free theme hint and the others got it from the purchased theme hint (I think), but you suddenly came out with it as if from nowhere.

I feel pushed back here :laugh: You can not have it both ways -- try to figure out the theme without the hint, and try to hunt down the hint without knowing the theme :ninja:

As for me - I did horribly. I bought clues and only one helped me get the right answer.

I can only hope I get points for having a clue that many people were able to get correct.

I'm starting to think I'm no clever enough for the game any more ....

That is not true, of course. Wiki can help. Also what can help is always remembering that the author of the clue wants you to get the theme, so they put everything there, you just need to look from the right angle.

I originally submitted "Everybody likes some other king."

That would have been great!

Also, congratulations yomi :ninja:

Shadow, I feel like if I had started earlier on my clues maybe I could have gotten the theme. But as usual I left things too late. Part of that was the fact that somehow I was not getting the clues easily and so I kept putting off my guesses. Not having Lyle didn't help. I had Arys instead of Addam, so he fit the theme, I had Jeyne instead of Rhaenys, which hurt, as did Brienne instead of Lyle.

Did you correctly guess all the clues Shadow?

And I agree with you about the subjects. :)

I do not think he should have been given out this round :ninja: I liked to guess him, but it seems to have been unfair to have gotten him to make a clue for.

Now, now. The host has apologised for Bryan Adams Lyle Crakehall on several occasions!

I gave it to you. There were two difference's from Lyle. First, even being a minor character Serra is central to fAegon mystery, she is directly and closely attached to a quite known character Illyrio, there was that unusual and grim thing that happened to her body and (although this might be only noted by me), she is only one of about two characters in the entire series who have something like a portrait made of them. While Lyle mostly is someone who Cersei got mad at and that fits almost all the other characters :ninja: Second, I had to give out Serra that round. There was a very small pool of characters to choose from and I had to barricade against them all fitting a theme I did not intend to.

I wasn't complaining about being given Serra. I was saying that you can usually do something to point guessers in the right direction.

I feel pushed back here :laugh: You can not have it both ways -- try to figure out the theme without the hint, and try to hunt down the hint without knowing the theme :ninja:

I don't really understand what you're saying here.

Now, now. The host has apologised for Bryan Adams Lyle Crakehall on several occasions!

I wasn't complaining about being given Serra. I was saying that you can usually do something to point guessers in the right direction.

I don't really understand what you're saying here.

If anyone should be apologizing for Bryan Adams it shouldn't be you DG. It should be the Canadians on this thread - if indeed any apology is necessary. Of which we are a few a couple.

However, we do humbly apologize for for that bloody twit, Justin Bieber. Have even offered money to the States to take him off our hands!

Shadow, I feel like if I had started earlier on my clues maybe I could have gotten the theme. But as usual I left things too late. Part of that was the fact that somehow I was not getting the clues easily and so I kept putting off my guesses. Not having Lyle didn't help. I had Arys instead of Addam, so he fit the theme, I had Jeyne instead of Rhaenys, which hurt, as did Brienne instead of Lyle.

Did you correctly guess all the clues Shadow?

Coffee for an earlier start this time.

Yes, I did guess them. I do not plan to do so this time though.

But Cersei I will hold a grudge.

I wasn't complaining about being given Serra.

You weren't. I just wanted to point out some maybe useful things when choosing the list of characters. Not for you, just generally as we are trying for the best game.

If anyone should be apologizing for Bryan Adams it shouldn't be you DG. It should be the Canadians on this thread - if indeed any apology is necessary. Of which we are a few a couple.

However, we do humbly apologize for for that bloody twit, Justin Bieber. Have even offered money to the States to take him off our hands!

Get a load of these t-shirts! http://dangerousminds.net/comments/heavy_metal_t_shirts_for_inoffensive_pop_stars

I want the Nickelback one...

I recall the problem with differently well remembered characters from the game I hosted. I mostly tried to solve it by trying to give players with a diffcult character an easy one next round. I believe DG will do the same.

So, no free theme hint, but there have already been hints put in for themes 2 and 3. Great! I just have to go back through all 10 previous pages to find them.

I've already eliminated "characters who have the letter X in their names." ;)

ETA: can't get that video to play (the Bryan Adams apology one). I'll try again later in case there's a clue in it.

Clue 8 is in.

DreamSongs is dropping out of the game as she has personal matters to attend to, so I have created the clue instead.

I've added it to the main list but here it is below

8. Slits: kills; dies. New style!

Enjoy!

When I host, everyone will get a main character but there will still be zero correct guesses!

We keep hearing all this about when you're hosting. Words are wind, Ser. When will this fabled game take place? You actually start to sound a bit like Patchface - "Under the sea, the greatest game of Acrophilia will take place"; "when I host, boats will sink up into the sky"

You build it up so much that it won't live up to the dream.

EDIT - Here is another Lonely Island song for your entertainment. It's not a crude one, just a bit mad. It's not as good, in my opinion, as the Jack Sparrow one with Michael Bolton but I highly recommend the part between 1:03 and 1:32. It's hilarious!

Archived