Acrophilia 5: And the winner is......

Dolorous Gabe

I got the grandiflora one thanks to purchasing the extra hint and even then it took me some time till I understood what the original hint refers to. Now that I do, I actually started to like it a bit, though.

I'm delighted to see there are some correct answers coming in for the theme. I was concerned for a while after claiming it is easier.

Please remember that you will have the whole of tomorrow's deadline day to work on the clues. I should be available for most of the day to respond to any requests for hints and such but I will definitely be unable to check the website from approximately 6:30pm - 11:30pm UK time. After then you will have till I go to sleep to request your final hints.

One player has complimented me on the purchasable theme hint, in case anybody else wants a go at it. I must say if I'd purchased it I'd probably be cursing the host to hell seven hells :lol: but it is quite a creative hint.

I haven't applied myself. Sheer ignorance is my problem I think, there are bits of the book I skipped over, characters of absolutely no interest... The thought of search for the seven kisses has put me off re-reading.

I haven't got 1,3 6 or 8 - the only ones that aren't obvious, in other words.

Worth the extra effort or not? Asking for a friend.

I don't know :ninja: I gave it a tired effort and got nowhere. But afterwards the answer just came back to my head on its own, like some real person :ninja: The clue is really good though! I think.

I haven't applied myself. Sheer ignorance is my problem I think, there are bits of the book I skipped over, characters of absolutely no interest... The thought of search for the seven kisses has put me off re-reading.

I haven't got 1,3 6 or 8 - the only ones that aren't obvious, in other words.

I think the first and the eight are easier than the third and the sixth :ninja:

None of the ninjas have pies this time :ninja:

My son got hurt last week and I've been focusing on him so much I completely forgot about the deadline! Nothing serious, by the way, no breaks, just a very sore big toe with a nail that's going to come off. Poor kid. He's been pretty good about letting me soak, medicate, and re-wrap it. Didn't want to go to school today and the stress made his blood sugar go up (did I mention he's diabetic?). Ugh. Life really does get in the way of fun.

Sorry for derailing a bit here. You guys are most of my social life. :D

Well... after looking at things, there are two that I'm not sure on but I kinda like one of my guesses (I know the reference but can't quite recall who it refers to, so I've guessed) and the other one fits but it doesn't feel right so I wonder if I'm just interpreting something wrong.

I might have the theme. Hoping it's at least a half-pointer but it fits many of my guesses so I'm hoping it's exact enough.

Archived