Wow, I never noticed that... v.10

Lost Melnibonean

I beg your pardon. I am usually able to make sense of your posts and have been happy to read them. I just can't make sense of the one I quoted, though. Please, can you point me towards what I am missing?

An ellipsis is those three little dots. "..." For some reason there are way more of them in Dance than any of the other books.

I thought that Dany's "floppy ears" was an actual meereenese headdress, i remember thinking that she would look rather silly wearing both the floppy ears and her dragon crown :dunno:

(i also thought that the mummers dragon meant a mummified dragon and traveling mummers were doing mummification... but it was before i started reading the books)

Asha is named Yara on tvshow - Yarrrr! is a stereotypical pirate sound

the Flower of Alberta, Canada is a Wild rose, and what is located in Alberta? - the Royal Tyrrell Museum

Asha is named Yara on tvshow - Yarrrr! is a stereotypical pirate sound

Well, only recently, but still.

the Flower of Alberta, Canada is a Wild rose, and what is located in Alberta? - the Royal Tyrrell Museum

Whoa, thanks for unearthing this. It might just be coincidence, but still a priceless laugh.

I think I asked about this a while back in Small Questions but I don't think anybody responded, or maybe it was here, but I'll bring it up again. How come Tyrion and others outside of Meereen call the dysentery ravaging Slaver's Bay the pale mare? It makes sense for Daenerys to call it that because of Quaithe's prophecy and the first case's arrival in Meereen, but how would Tyrion know about that?

Whoa, thanks for unearthing this. It might just be coincidence, but still a priceless laugh.

heh, i've only found out because i was taking an online course that used a lot of videos from the museum in question. maybe lady Olenna will ride a dinosaur in next books!

I think I asked about this a while back in Small Questions but I don't think anybody responded, or maybe it was here, but I'll bring it up again. How come Tyrion and others outside of Meereen call the dysentery ravaging Slaver's Bay the pale mare? It makes sense for Daenerys to call it that because of Quaithe's prophecy and the first case's arrival in Meereen, but how would Tyrion know about that?

Everyone started calling it that because it became globally known that the first carrier was a pale mare.

Thought it was a cool detail about Janos Slynt.

"Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown down her father for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut off his head."

*wink wink*

Jon is Azor Ahai confirmed. R+L=Half life 3

Robb was named after Robert, right?

Before the battle of the Bells, Robert was wounded and while he was recovering, he slept with one and many whores.

After one of his battles, Robb was wounded and while he was recovering, he slept with Jeyne Westerling and broke his engagement to some Frey girl.

Both happened while Sansa, Arya and Lyanna were still "kidnapped"/kept as hostages. The truth is that Arya had escaped and Sansa got married, although against her will. Lyanna probably also escaped on her own with Rhaegar but married him with her own conscent.

Didn't notice the first time through the books that Arys Oakheart was straight up decapitated by Areo Hotah. That's a hell of a way for a Knight of the Kingsguard to go out :cheers:

I always wonder why it is that Areo Hotah seems to know who he will go up against one day and exactly how he will attack them. He seems to know their weaknesses beforehand. So, who the heck is he?

On my current re-read, I came across this. When Varys visits Eddard in the dungeon, to convince him to retract his statement about Joffrey, Varys complains about innocents being lost when the Lords play their Game of Thrones. When he goes into specifics, Varys mentions only Rhaenys and her kitten. No Aegon.

That kitten is the one that Arya chased around the Keep and was also present at Kevan Lannister and Maester Pycelle's death. Who is warging that cat?

In which sense?

OT: but, that thought was mostly in relation to another thread on controversial characters, where some people were of the opinion that Jaime was forever evil because of Bran and Jory.

Full disclosure, Jaime is my hands down favorite character, so I always reconciled his AGOT persona as that he was heroic to a fault. That the impulsiveness and arrogance required to be fearless in battle led him to also do terrible things.

I was just curious how that opinion was different if the second time you read about him isn't the time he throws an 8 year old out a window.

/OT

On my current re-read, I came across this. When Varys visits Eddard in the dungeon, to convince him to retract his statement about Joffrey, Varys complains about innocents being lost when the Lords play their Game of Thrones. When he goes into specifics, Varys mentions only Rhaenys and her kitten. No Aegon.

Nice catch !

Archived