dany at the wall

Even if Dany shows up at the wall on Drogon at the beginning of Winds, I just can't buy she and Jon would manage a relationship out of thin air in the course of two novels with a lot of other stuff going on.

I can see it happening.

Jon is a hormone-filled heterosexual teenager who hasn't touched a woman since Ygritte. If the supposedly most beautiful woman in the world sweeps in from the sky and promises to use her dragons to fry the Others he so desperately is trying to save Westeros from, I can see him falling pretty hard pretty quickly. As for Dany, she apparantly likes strong men, and Jon is the newly appointed and remarkably forceful leader of an order of warriors destined to guard an entire continent from ice zombies, so I can see her liking him as well.

A lot of people pare Jon off with Val and most of their interaction was in Dance. It can be done , especially as we don't know what kind of timeline the books will be in. I don't think the WfD is going to take a couple of month, more like years.

Val's a perfect case. Val did seem to be flirting with Jon at times, but beyond thinking she was attractive Jon really hasn't reciprocated. Even if you pair them off, there was an entire novel of pre-relationship material there to build upon.

I think Dany will want to marry Jon in the end, but that the Watch will still need keeping, so it won't happen.

As for prophecy, Dany needs to decide her own fate & not become obsessed with prophecy. History tells us, this Targ obsession has only brought death & destruction.

She didn't just see it though, she also smelled it's sweetness. To me that implies some kind of relationship between them, be it romantic, or just as family members. Jon will mean something to her one way or another.

I don't buy into the theory of sweetness being a negative in Dany's storyline at all.

Dany and Jon are certainly going to have some sort of relationship, but I really don't think it is going to be a happily-ever-after type of story. Jon is very pragmatic, and I think as Dany matures she is becoming more pragmatic as well. Uniting may be in their best interest, but I don't think Jon will have anything to unite with. See below.

Yeah, agreed.

A much more likely scenario is that while he is unconscious/near death, there is a panic at the Wall, and the wildlings turn on the remaining Brothers and massacre them, fearing that they'll loose their new safe haven.

When Jon awakes, there is no Watch to command.

This. I think that by the time Jon comes back from warging ghost, the Night's watch will be completely destroyed. I really can't see thousands of willings submitting to the brothers of the nights watch who just killed their ally. Nights watch brothers are going to die. A lot of them, most likely all of those at castle black. The ones at east watch are doomed by Others in the water, and the ones at the shadow tower will meet their demise also. Jon will come back and be the lord commander of... nothing.

A lot of people pare Jon off with Val and most of their interaction was in Dance. It can be done , especially as we don't know what kind of timeline the books will be in. I don't think the WfD is going to take a couple of month, more like years.

I think Jon will end up with Val, not Dany. Jon is a man with large ambitions, but he is also humble by nature. I don't think he would want to rule Westeros with Dany. He was almost content with living in a goddamn cave with Ygritte for the rest of his life. i think living in a nice northern castle with Val, with some power over wildling lords under the power of Lord Rickon Stark for the rest of his life would suit him just fine.

This is crackpot theory but what if.....

Jon does indeed die...he returns as an undead...would he then have blue eyes? And what if the night's watch and all at the wall agree that they must burn Jon's body....but mel sets him aflame with some magical Lord of light fire and he is reborn as AA? Blue eyes...casting no shadow because he is "dead".

It probably is Stannis, but careful not to speak in absolutes. These are ambiguous prophecies and we would be fools to dismiss alternatives.

As for Dany at the wall marrying Jon... I highly doubt it. They are not compatible.

They may or may not be compatible it's not a requirement for marrage- this is known, but they're both Targaryens.

Yeah, I'm just going on record to say that I believe Dany and Jon will meet and have a major impact on each other. And yes, it is not popular to admit, but I believe their interactions will also be romantic in nature.

I think Jon will end up with Val, not Dany. Jon is a man with large ambitions, but he is also humble by nature. I don't think he would want to rule Westeros with Dany. He was almost content with living in a goddamn cave with Ygritte for the rest of his life. i think living in a nice northern castle with Val, with some power over wildling lords under the power of Lord Rickon Stark for the rest of his life would suit him just fine.

Wants do not enter into it. Jon wanted to stay in that cave... but in the end he went back into the world and eventually left Ygritte. All for the sake of duty. That's what Jon's arc is about, that's what he has chosen time and time again: duty. Duty not to some stupid military order, not to Seven arbitrary Kingdoms or a flawed concept like honour, but to the essence of his vows, namely protecting the realms of men.

After tWot5K, the Dance 2.0. and the War for the Dawn, the realm will lie in shambells. Jon won't turn away from his duty just to live in some small castle with Val. That's neither his desire nor his destiny. If he lives, he'll try to do what is best for the people. If that means wearing a crown and bedding Daenerys, he'll rise to the occassion (pun intended).

Wait... Nissa means moon?

So... Nissa Nissa is Moon Moon?

That's what I was told by someone in a previous post, I'm not stating it as unquestionable truth. I just mentioned it because if it is the truth it made me think of the proposed origin of dragons; there used to be 2 moons and one cracked open due to the sun and hundreds of thousands dragons came pouring out....Is this akin to dany(the moon) cracking open and birthing her dragons and reawakening all dormant dragons?

Does nissa nissa or moon moon suggest she has a similar role to play in the future concerning AA?

That's what I was told by someone in a previous post, I'm not stating it as unquestionable truth. I just mentioned it because if it is the truth it made me think of the proposed origin of dragons; there used to be 2 moons and one cracked open due to the sun and hundreds of thousands dragons came pouring out....Is this akin to dany(the moon) cracking open and birthing her dragons and reawakening all dormant dragons?

Does nissa nissa or moon moon suggest she has a similar role to play in the future concerning AA?

You should google 'Moon Moon meme'. Then you will understand what ice dragon at winterfell was talking about. And you will laugh ;) .

I really don't understand why some people seem to think that they will marry. I really see no reason why they should. They both seem to have a type and the other isn't it. You could argue that they would have a political marriage, but how would any of them be benefitial to the other? If RLJ can't be proved, then Jon is just Ned's bastard and Dany doesn't need him. If RLJ can be proved, then his claim is better than hers and he doesn't need her. If he goes the King in the North route, then his claim comes from being a Stark and he doesn't need her. If he decides to stay in the Night's Watch, then he doesn't need her.

Some people argue that together they will be the Song of Ice and Fire. But here's the thing: Jon is Ice and Fire on his own. That's kind of the main point of him having the parents he has.

So, no, I don't see this happening.

Does anyone have any idea who the dead, smiling man on the deck of a ship refers to?

Very likely a Greyjoy, prob Euron. He is very like to interact w/ Dany at some point. Besides that there is Moqorro seeing him as the biggest threat (dark thing w/ 10 arms & one eye) and the part (forget where) about Dany dreaming of kissing a blue lip man.

Dany has lost her purpose & forgotten who she is (what Quaithe warned her against). It will be interesting to see where she goes after her last ADWD chapter. I don't see her fighting the Others on dragonback as a foregone conclusion.

Archived