dany at the wall

I really don't understand why some people seem to think that they will marry. I really see no reason why they should. They both seem to have a type and the other isn't it. You could argue that they would have a political marriage, but how would any of them be benefitial to the other? If RLJ can't be proved, then Jon is just Ned's bastard and Dany doesn't need him. If RLJ can be proved, then his claim is better than hers and he doesn't need her. If he goes the King in the North route, then his claim comes from being a Stark and he doesn't need her. If he decides to stay in the Night's Watch, then he doesn't need her.

Some people argue that together they will be the Song of Ice and Fire. But here's the thing: Jon is Ice and Fire on his own. That's kind of the main point of him having the parents he has.

So, no, I don't see this happening.

i am with you i could see it being one of those things where it is like they would be great friend or lovers of things were different but they end up fight each other.

Firstly id like to point out that the Jon+Val ship started sailing in a single book hence i dont see why the Jon+Danny ship cant sail in two books.

Second, a more simpler way of events happening at the Wall is;

Danny arrives at the wall,she meets Jon and their is chemistry,Jon rides a dragon,Howland reed makes an appearance and reveals R+J,Danny offers to free him from his vows and legitimize him if he marries her since she is a queen and can do so.(in this way she secures her claim by marrying someone with a better claim).After that they kick some WW ass with Jon leading the charge.Then LF probably kills Danny or Jon but Sansa kills him and goes back home.

If he is dead, his watch is over. When brought back to life, is he released from his vows?

If he really dies and then be resurrected, he would not tell that to anybody because no one will like a person who comes from the dead. In fact, the NW might burn him for that. If he cannot tell anybody that he died and so his vows are over (which is not true btw), then he will appear as an oathbreaker in the eyes of people.

If he really dies and then be resurrected, he would not tell that to anybody because no one will like a person who comes from the dead. In fact, the NW might burn him for that. If he cannot tell anybody that he died and so his vows are over (which is not true btw), then he will appear as an oathbreaker in the eyes of people.

i could totally see jon while still alive being given to a fire in front of the watch and etc... then him stepping out alive freaking everyone out. his vows are very till death do you part kind i could see his enemies in the watch using that to kick him out. i just see jon at one point falling to a complete outsider status and having to figure out who he really is after everything outside of himself that he uses to define himself like Ned stark bastard and brother of the nightwatch falls away. I don't think or want jon to become king but i cannot discount the possibility if he get credit for stopping the others from how ever it happens.

also when does this happen below?

No.

Dolorous Edd foresaw this possibility and informed us that NW vows would still count.

also when does this happen below?

ASOS, Samwell II:

“Well, no, some will need to walk.” He shook himself. “Dywen now, he says we need to learn to ride dead horses, like the Others do. He claims it would save on feed. How much could a dead horse eat?” Edd laced himself back up. “Can’t say I fancy the notion. Once they figure a way to work a dead horse, we’ll be next. Likely I’ll be the first too. ‘Edd’ they’ll say, ‘dying’s no excuse for lying down no more, so get on up and take this spear, you’ve got the watch tonight.’ Well, I shouldn’t be so gloomy. Might be I’ll die before they work it out.”

ASOS, Samwell II:

“Well, no, some will need to walk.” He shook himself. “Dywen now, he says we need to learn to ride dead horses, like the Others do. He claims it would save on feed. How much could a dead horse eat?” Edd laced himself back up. “Can’t say I fancy the notion. Once they figure a way to work a dead horse, we’ll be next. Likely I’ll be the first too. ‘Edd’ they’ll say, ‘dying’s no excuse for lying down no more, so get on up and take this spear, you’ve got the watch tonight.’ Well, I shouldn’t be so gloomy. Might be I’ll die before they work it out.”

that's a joke not sure i take that as proof and again i think if jon dies i could see his enemies in the watch using his death as an excuse to push him out of the watch saying he is with the others now and cannot be trusted or that he vows are fulfilled.

that's a joke not sure i take that as proof and again i think if jon dies i could see his enemies in the watch using his death as an excuse to push him out of the watch saying he is with the others now and cannot be trusted or that he vows are fulfilled.

Yes, it is a joke and I don't have any consolidated ideas about how the situation at the Wall is going to play out, but I believe that the author did make this joke for a reason; he knew what he was going to do to Jon and perhaps he was telling us that it won't be easy...

And I sort of agree, Jon should not be given a 'technical' "get out of the NW with your honour intact" card, and he must make the decision on his own.

Yes, it is a joke and I don't have any consolidated ideas about how the situation at the Wall is going to play out, but I believe that the author did make this joke for a reason; he knew what he was going to do to Jon and perhaps he was telling us that it won't be easy...

And I sort of agree, Jon should not be given a 'technical' "get out of the NW with your honour intact" card, and he must make the decision on his own.

yeah see my thing is that i think Jon will not want to leave he will say i still mean them and he will want to even retake them as he wants to be a brother of the night's watch but they will kick him out.

She can claim north when spring comes,no need to defend "usurper's dogs"

Well, if this happens, then hopefully Jon will destroy all the Obsidian daggers in his possession. And destroy any knowledge about how to fight the Others. Not to mention Bran not taking part in the fight. There is nothing like a policy of mutual assured destruction to deter aggression.

Also, as far as making a stand at the Neck. Good luck with that. I highly doubt the Others will fight in a linear and conventional manner. Think night combat and infiltration tactics.

ETA:

This would be a better ending than what you propose.

Well, if this happens, then hopefully Jon will destroy all the Obsidian daggers in his possession. And destroy any knowledge about how to fight the Others. Not to mention Bran not taking part in the fight. There is nothing like a policy of mutual assured destruction to deter aggression.

lets deal with "kindergarten" arguments:

if Dany finds herself in need of dragonglass,for "some reason" i do not think that getting tons of it will be any problem :bang:

Jon "knowledge" is what Sam told him & few pages of book he eventually got to read,Dany will have smart Lannister by her side who has real knowledge and skills to learn all about Others without help of some bastard...

Dany has need for Bran's help as much as Bran has need for walking stick ...

Daenerys Targaryen should do for defense of north what "honorable" Ned did :

-when usurper rewarded Lord Tywin for killing Targaryen children

-when usurper sent Stannis to kill her & her brother on Dragonstone

-when usurper sent assassin kill her & her unborn child

protest a lot,protest loudly but do nothing.......personally i think that Dany after protesting a lot & protesting loudly should go as far as to write stern letter to Others about what are they doing in North and warn them that that is not honorable....

lets deal with "kindergarten" arguments:

if Dany finds herself in need of dragonglass,for "some reason" i do not think that getting tons of it will be any problem :bang:

Jon "knowledge" is what Sam told him & few pages of book he eventually got to read,Dany will have smart Lannister by her side who has real knowledge and skills to learn all about Others without help of some bastard...

Dany has need for Bran's help as much as Bran has need for walking stick ...

Daenerys Targaryen should do for defense of north what "honorable" Ned did :

-when usurper rewarded Lord Tywin for killing Targaryen children

-when usurper sent Stannis to kill her & her brother on Dragonstone

-when usurper sent assassin kill her & her unborn child

protest a lot,protest loudly but do nothing.......personally i think that Dany after protesting a lot & protesting loudly should go as far as to write stern letter to Others about what are they doing in North and warn them that that is not honorable....

And where exactly is Dany going to have all this Dragon glass mined? And how long is it going to take to manufacture it into weapons.? And how is Dany going to fight the Others once they have infiltrated into the major population centers of the South. Also, your dismissing of the importance of Bran is a load of crap. He'll likely play a key role, even though we don't know what it is exactly. You just assume that the North needs Dany, but she doesn't need them to fight the Others. That may not be quite correct.

Any ways:

Dear One Of A Billion Titles,

I know you think you are slick. But, you know, you are really not that slick. Unfortunately, for you, we're not as dumb, up here, as the boys down in Astapor.

By all means play games. Because, I can play games too. In fact, you can call me Jon "Milton Bradley" Snow.

Instead of trying to stop the Others in the North, I am simply going to let them pass through to the South. As you know, the South, with it's greater human population, makes much more of a desirable strategic target for the Others. In the South, the Others will find more humans to kill and will find a greater potential source of wights.

Hope you have a great time fighting an enemy, which doesn't fight like a traditional human army. One that is capable of operating over a wide geographic distances because the Others don't have the supply and logistic constaints that a human army does. One that is capable of conducting major combat operations at night. One that can infiltrate into your rear quite easily. One that isn't going to conveniently line up shoulder to shoulder,in a nice tight formation, in the light of day, so they can be easily burned by your dragons. I doubt you have any Fields of Fire while fighting them.

Have a great time trying to figure out how to kill the Others and fighting in the more populous South.

I have established a few strong points in the North that I will try to hold, while letting the Others pass through to the South. All my commanders, know your hostile intentions and are prepared to destroy all weapons and knowledge that might be useful fighting the Others. And they are under orders to not to stop the Others on their way South to your kingdom.

Have A Nice Fucking Day,

Jon "Milton Bradely" Snow

"let the others pass through the south". lol

Seriously? They would just kill them all so they would have even more wights to attack the people in the south.

And what is ridiculous about this? The South is where the major population centers are located. There is way more potential wights to be found there. And there are way more people to kill there. So explain to me why the Others wouldn't want to get there as quickly as possible?

Archived