Vaccination and the erronous fear against it

The Fallen

Thanks so much for linking to that. This is one of the best presentations of the relevant cognitive biases I've seen. I may end up using this in some of my psychology classes.

Glad it's helpful :)

It's a really neat channel, lots of interesting clips. The same guys are also behind Crash Course, one of the best educational channels on YT. You might wanna check out Crash Course Psychology, same presenter (Hank Green). I know many teachers use their stuff and even play Crash Course during class, could turn out to be a gold mine for yours :D

I would like to use this thread to complain about my recent tetanus booster. Three weeks later and it still hurts. Either the nurse used my arm like a dartboard or there is some sort of fearful big pharma crazy shit going on inside that vaccine. Regardless, it's annoying.

I would like to use this thread to complain about my recent tetanus booster. Three weeks later and it still hurts. Either the nurse used my arm like a dartboard or there is some sort of fearful big pharma crazy shit going on inside that vaccine. Regardless, it's annoying.

I had to get a TDaP booster a few years ago, and it caused so much neck pain and headache that I thought I'd contracted meningitis. As a nurse I always recommended people get the shot in their dominant arm. It may be more painful for a few days, but usually you'll work the soreness out sooner (nothing really scientific about this approach, just personal experience, so YMMV).

Archived