Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

That would only happen after the casting offices receive the breakdowns.

Are you sure about that? And even if that is the case they may have already gone out for specific characters. I understand that KCH was cast before we heard anything about casting calls.

Are you sure about that? And even if that is the case they may have already gone out for specific characters. I understand that KCH was cast before we heard anything about casting calls.

Yes.

I don't know what KCH is.

They may well have liked her for the part, but she would only have been cast after the breakdowns have been looked at and sent out to prospective actors.

Fair point but no reason for them to come out with all the casting calls. When you think about it if you have a specific actor in mind it would make sense to get the breakdown done asap to tie them in.

Fair point but no reason for them to come out with all the casting calls. When you think about it if you have a specific actor in mind it would make sense to get the breakdown done asap to tie them in.

The casting directors don't get them till the producers have decided who is in. Once the casting directors have them, they then have to schedule the auditions over the year. They are an incredibly busy office.

In other words, for the most part, everyone is level.

Yeah, if there's no Faegon/Gold company, we should get another Reach character, probably R. Tarly, or maybe even Garlan for the capital. Call him a cousin, or a younger brother, or whatever. With Mace going to Braavos, we'll need someone in KL to represent the power of the Reach, and no Olenna is not that person.

I can see Tarly in, he's been namedropped enough times.

Not only that. If the viewers sees him and ask who's that.

That’s Sam's dad, he is a great warrior but a horrible to Sam, a bit like Tywin.

Boom got ourselves another great patriarchy and we are already emotional invested in him. I cant see D & D not casting him. He will defintely add something to the show.

I'm quite excited to see who's in and not actually. It will give us a massive clue as to which storylines they are likely to follow more closely and in doing so might even give us some book clues too.

I'm holding out for Euron, I'm sure they'll cast Tarly and I'd love to see some Oldtown minor peeps like Marwyn, Pate, Leo and Sarella.

With all the talk about the Citadel and Oldtown, I'm yet again beginning to think we will finally see Sam's arc in AFfC/TWoW. So here's some new suggestions:

Marton Csokas as Euron Greyjoy

Rory Kinnear as Archaester Marwyn

Karla Crome as Sarella Sand

Yorick van Wageningen as Randyll Tarly

I don't really know what other characters might pop up next season, other than these four. I guess maybe we could see Elia Sand or Howland Reed, but the latter might be put on hold until the last season.

Marywn needs to be older than Kinnear. And be careful suggesting anyone other than Mads Mikkelson for Euron!

But if we're going to play I'd go with the Scottish bloke from Outlander and the Hobbit for Tarly.

Sarella is mixed race correct me if I'm wrong and would need to look boyish, I'd hope it's somebody I've never heard of that Nina Gold finds from her magic casting pool.

As for Marwyn, we could have some fun here and cast somebody known a la Pryce and Dance. I'd go for a veteran Brit like John Hurt.

I think we can throw Jaquen Hgar into the Oldtown mix too and maybe another Tyrell.

Marywn needs to be older than Kinnear. And be careful suggesting anyone other than Mads Mikkelson for Euron!

But if we're going to play I'd go with the Scottish bloke from Outlander and the Hobbit for Tarly.

Sarella is mixed race correct me if I'm wrong and would need to look boyish, I'd hope it's somebody I've never heard of that Nina Gold finds from her magic casting pool.

As for Marwyn, we could have some fun here and cast somebody known a la Pryce and Dance. I'd go for a veteran Brit like John Hurt.

I think we can throw Jaquen Hgar into the Oldtown mix too and maybe another Tyrell.

Marwyn had a good range of possibilities. I'm just going to be so pumped if we get Oldtown; something about that storyline in Feast has me wanting to know more.

I actually think Ray Winstone would be a very interesting choice.

Given the way the show seems to be changing things, they might do Eurio Greyharis, even though it's an implausible theory in the books. With any luck perhaps this season they might show Balon finally freaking dying, but I wouldn't bet on it. They won't have any of the other of the Greyjoy bros.

Plus, we're probably going to need Howland Reed for the reveal of R+L=J.

Archived