Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Dany4eva and Enmity, I think that the argument will just be on-going, perhaps we could get back on topic. Jon, Tyrion, and Dany are major characters, but there are other storylines and POV's in the books and the show.

k

Why is it so hard for Dany fans to admit she's had way too much screentime the past two seasons?

Because she hasn't. She should have had a few more scenes last year actually. As others have said Dany, Jon and Tyrion are the 3 main characters in this story and as such should be getting a lot of screentime.

What is the main storyline? People fighting for the Throne? Because if you agree with that, than everyone fighting for it is just as important as the PoV characters. Tbh Dany isn't even fighting for it atm. So I'm lost as to what this storyline is.

If you don't know what the main story line is, then once again, you need to re-read

Ok guys. Actual on topic question. What is the Main Storyline for the series?

For the show, the Lannisters rise and fall from power.

For the books, not sure yet. Possibly the decline and fall of the feudal system in Westeros.

For the show, the Lannisters rise and fall from power.

For the books, not sure yet. Possibly the decline and fall of the feudal system in Westeros.

I'd say it's equally about the fall and rebirth of Houses Targaryen and Stark. The focus shifts from book to book or on the show season to season but I don't agree about the "Lannister bias" people complain about.

More generally its about how politics, factionalism, interests etc. distract people from actual threats and problems.

So another question, how is Dany, Jon and Tyrion more central to this storyline than other characters?

If that is the main plot of the books, there are three things that will bring it about. Misrule by the Iron Throne messing up the social contract of Westeros (such as it), an invasion by the Others (requiring an end to the infighting to stop it), and an invasion by Dany (possibly as the last gasp of feudal power, trying to be queen; or as an agent of change, seeking to end the current system).

Tyrion didn't misrule and he wasn't on the Iron Throne, but he was heavily involved in that storyline, and things went completely to pot after he was gone from Kings Landing. Jon is clearly the central character to the Others' invasion. And Dany is Dany, she's going to bring that change or try to be queen.

Three story elements, three main characters.

Was talking to a friend who is a Stannis extra in Belfast. Hey says....

Stannis will march on Winterfell this season, he was telling me the pain of the make-up to make him look starving looking.

The Night's Watch extras told him that the White Walkers will be attacking the wall this season as well!!

I didn't ask, I didn't have the time, bumped him into the street sort of. Will ask next time I see him, which could be Monday.. or I could message him on facebook.

Yeah, he was just saying they had to make him look bedraggled, black rings around the eyes, gaunt looking, makeup was a pain in the ass. He wasn't a fan of wading through the artificial snow as well.

Thank you very much for these posts!

Oooh, I'm loving the sound of this :drool: :bowdown:

Well, not because I like to see Stannis suffering, but because I love and adore his determination (and stubbornness) he shows in situations like these!

Now I just need some lamenting person, saying that everything sucks right now, so that Stannis can put on "Deal with it" sunglasses say: "(But) we will march, and we will free Winterfell... or die in the attempt!"

(Even better if someone would do "No-Go #1 When Dealing With Stannis" -> Comparing him with Robert, and we'd get the whole "We all know what my brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone..." dialogue)

Generally looking forward to more self-confident and confident of victory Stannis from ADWD (especially at the beginning; uh, less so when everything indeed sucks at the book's end) and Theon's TWOW chapter (Where he's then the confidence in person); though I'm genuinely enjoying it if he's this in this typical stannis-y, miserable way ;)

Eagerly waiting the follow up to this. Death March on Winterfell is amazing. And by amazing I mean awful. Heh

:agree:

It's awesome in an awful way - and awful in an awesome way.

I more than enjoyed Asha's chapters in Stannis' captivity, especially because the squabbling and arguing between Queen's Men (R'hllor worshippers), King's Men (Seven worshippers), Northmen (Old Gods worshippers) and Asha (Drowned God worshipper) was great, IMO, I'd have liked to read more about Massey/Horpe/Suggs/Asha/Alysane/Clansmen/aso. versus others and vs. each other and vs. Winter.

I'd say it's equally about the fall and rebirth of Houses Targaryen and Stark. The focus shifts from book to book or on the show season to season but I don't agree about the "Lannister bias" people complain about.

More generally its about how politics, factionalism, interests etc. distract people from actual threats and problems.

House Targaryen is unlikely to be reborn is Westeros. Jon will reign as a Stark. Maybe in Essos but then I'd rather see Slavers Bay be put under the control of Braavos, the Braavosi know what they are doing Dany does not.

I'm more upset about the ripping out of the Starks' supernatural core as a family and not just Bran. Their screentime is not representative of their book importance and the fact that they will win. Which they will. It won't be a happy ever after but it will be a Time for Wolves. Lannisters seem stuck in the wrong story. They are stuck in the real middle ages forgetting that there are dragons and ice monsters in their world. They think they can play the game and win. They aren't seeing the magic folk coming.

Well she is the main character of the books/show so..........

O right. I never knew every chapter I read was a PoV of Daenerys.

Did I say only character or main character. Again re-read, but this thread instead of the books.....

Exactly. Dany isn't "the main character." If she was, most if not the entire story would be from her POV.

Thank you.

Archived