When did your favorite character become your favorite character?

The_Noctua

Sansa: "She found his (Sandor's) massive shoulder with her hand. 'He was no true knight,' she whispered to him."

Catelyn: I liked Catelyn from the beginning, but the scene in AGOT where she insists on paying all the oarsmen herself, right after her and Ser Rodrik get to Kings Landing, really cemented her into favorite status.

Jaime: His whole speech to Catelyn at the end of ACOK.

Theon: His chapter after he took Winterfell.

Sansa, when she said to Joffry " or maybe he'll give me yours " Robb giving Joffery's head to Sansa, sadly it didn't happen.

Davos, just liked him.

Samwell the craven slayer because he's smart and braver then he knows.

Little Finger I love to hate this one.

My current favourites are Theon and Jaime. Before it was Arya and Tyrion.

But basically, Jaime became my favourite character halfway through or maybe towards the end of ASOS. When he's calling Brienne a wench a lot, that was funny

Theon became my favourite in the first few chapters of ADwD. I think it was around the 4th time I read "my name is Reek, it rhymes with ...."

It's a tie between Arya and Tyrion.

Arya: "This was battle, and in battle you had to obey." I fell in love with that line, I am an Arya so it was easy to connect but that just made me respect her and love so much more.

Tyrion: " Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you." And also the "bastards and cripples and broken things" line.

Jon Snow. He became my favourite character in the chapter of AGoT when him and Tyrion pretty much become buds while travelling the Kingsroad. While reading that I got the feeling that this was just the beginning of a long journey for Jon, especially when they make it to the Wall finally and even Tyrion is awestruck by it... you can tell there's something magical going on beyond it. I just started thinking about all the possibilities for Jon's story from that point on and got really excited. Not to mention I found Jon pretty easy to relate to already, I already liked him and this scene just made me get really attached to him and pumped to see where his story went. Another one of my favourite characters is Davos, the scene that made me really like him was his scene in the Merman's Court in Dance. Just reading that scene made me realize how much of a swell guy he really is. I hope he doesn't die on Skagos without seeing his wife and remaining kids again, poor dude has been through enough already. Like Jon, I thought Davos was pretty likeable from the beginning, but that scene just really solidified Davos as a genuinely good dude. He reminds me of Eddard quite a bit, and that makes me fear for his life.

"You will not hear me scream!"

"I will. But it is not your screams I want, only your life."

That line followed by the birth of the dragons cemented my love of that girl. When MMD crossed her there was no mercy, and as a person who can appreciate bloodlust in their characters *LSH*, it resonated with me. She is dynamic, growing from a timid girl to such a fierce persona in around a year. She has a talent for campaigning. She doesn't know everything, but she is learning. Her time in Meereen has tempered her, but after the incident with Hazzea she became too compromising in a way. Going "Fire and Blood" should balance things out. The next step is for her to gain long-term goals in ruling.

She's certainly the character I have the highest hopes for, to say the least.

ASOS has a lot of good ones.

"Then rise again, Davos Seaworth, and rise as Lord of the Rainwood, Admiral of the Narrow Sea, and Hand of the King."

For a moment Davos was too stunned to move. I woke this morning in his dungeon. "Your Grace, you cannot . . . I am no fit man to be a King's Hand."

"There is no man fitter." Stannis sheathed Lightbringer, gave Davos his hand, and pulled him to his feet.

"I am lowborn," Davos reminded him. "An upjumped smuggler. Your lords will never obey me."

"Then we will make new lords."

"How many boys dwell in Westeros? How many girls? How many men, how many women? The darkness will devour them all, she says. The night that never ends. She talks of prophecies . . . a hero reborn in the sea, living dragons hatched from dead stone . . . she speaks of signs and swears they point to me. I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her?" He ground his teeth. "We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must . . . we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty. Melisandre swears that she has seen me in her flames, facing the dark with Lightbringer raised on high. Lightbringer!" Stannis gave a derisive snort. "It glimmers prettily, I'll grant you, but on the Blackwater this magic sword served me no better than any common steel. A dragon would have turned that battle. Aegon once stood here as I do, looking down on this table. Do you think we would name him Aegon the Conqueror today if he had not had dragons?"

"Your Grace," said Davos, "the cost . . . "

"I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning . . . burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?"

"You're bold enough to be a Stark. Yes, I should have come sooner. If not for my Hand, I might not have come at all. Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne." Stannis pointed north. "There is where I'll find the foe that I was born to fight."

“The Stark boy is nothing to me,” Joffrey said. “I cannot abide the wailing of women.”
Tyrion Lannister reached up and slapped his nephew hard across the face. The boy’s cheek began to redden.
“One word,” Tyrion said, “and I will hit you again.”
“I’m going to tell Mother!” Joffrey exclaimed.
Tyrion hit him again. Now both cheeks flamed.

It's a tie between Arya and Tyrion.

Arya: "This was battle, and in battle you had to obey." I fell in love with that line, I am an Arya so it was easy to connect but that just made me respect her and love so much more.

Tyrion: " Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you." And also the "bastards and cripples and broken things" line.

:agree:

And I'd add Brienne, right from her entrance. She showed up and kicked ass.

really like jon, stannis and davos but id have to say my favorite is the hound. for someone without a lot of dialog, compared to other characters at least, i feel like hes the deepest character in the series.

some people see him as a child killing monster hiding his insecurities behind a hardcore case of ptsd while others see him as one of the true good guys of the series. whether its in books, tv, movies or video games, i love characters that make you think and its not spelled out for you. come on, who doesnt love a good anti-hero? really hope we see him again in the series.

Archived