How many Freys deserve to die?

Meaning what exactly?

That it's personal?

Well, I've always taken that line as something as a corollary to "it raineth on the just and the unjust alike". But what it means in the context of the film I'm quoting is that good men don't always live to a ripe old age, and bad men don't always get caught. It's the opposite of personal is what I'm saying, I guess.

Freys are stupid kinslayers. They'll do themselves in, no worries. What I'm concerned about is the Frey with a Tully name.

This unborn child is the direct outcome and reason for the RW. It's future will be wealth, lordship and proof of Walders genius. It's life will be a Lannister solution to the Riverlands and a probable death for Edmure, and if the child lives the children of Catelyn will not inherent Riverrun... but how can I wish for the death of an unborn child? Edmures own.

I know! It's a horrible dilemma, isn't it? The idea of Walder's grandchild inheriting Riverrun is repulsive but at the same time, the idea of killing a child is repulsive.

Regarding the OP, all Freys who participated in or knew about the Red Wedding deserve to die. Simples. I'm thinking that means pretty much all of the men except Olyvar, Perwyn, Alesander, Big Walder and others who were elsewhere, and probably some of the women as well.

Well, I've always taken that line as something as a corollary to "it raineth on the just and the unjust alike". But what it means in the context of the film I'm quoting is that good men don't always live to a ripe old age, and bad men don't always get caught. It's the opposite of personal is what I'm saying, I guess.

I think that is a fairly good motto for this entire series, and I guess my point was that; not every death or revenge kill is going to be liked by everyone. But all that really matters is what the character believes is the right thing to do for his life or his family. That's why I don't really like discussing morality in these characters, since every single one has done something they 'deserve' to die for. Sure what happened to Robb and his men was terrible at the Twins, but he was at war and definitely his men were plundering/looting/raping after battles just like an army (which other characters have done and everyone says 'oh they deserve to die', like Tyrion with Illyrio's servant), so what it really comes down to is who do we want to prevail, not so much who deserves it, because frankly everyone deserves to die for one thing or another.

I know! It's a horrible dilemma, isn't it? The idea of Walder's grandchild inheriting Riverrun is repulsive but at the same time, the idea of killing a child is repulsive.

Regarding the OP, all Freys who participated in or knew about the Red Wedding deserve to die. Simples. I'm thinking that means pretty much all of the men except Olyvar, Perwyn, Alesander, Big Walder and others who were elsewhere, and probably some of the women as well.

When I first read these books I was calling for all nooses to be filled. Now? Who the hell cares about Cat's decendents inheriting, let em get the north.

Do the Freys deserve death? No body deserves to be murdered. Should they continue being wealthy lords? No body deserves to be a lord. If any Frey walks the path of redemption they should be forgiven.

Thanks Gandalf :lol: . I think the Frey hate is a bit exaggerated personally. I mean.. it was all cleverly done wasn't it? It certainly taught the Starks a lesson.. about not being too high and mighty..

If being clever is all it takes to excuse an action, then you can excuse almost anything. Killing Elia and her kids was cleverly done, Roose raping Ramsay's mother and then cutting the husband's tongue, using fake Arya, and on and on.

Most Freys seem to be crap. Those deserve to die. But deserving doesn't mean much in this series anyway.

Most Freys seem to be crap. Those deserve to die. But deserving doesn't mean much in this series anyway.

Yikes, merely seeming to be a crappy person is enough to deserve death?

... I wonder who gets to decide who is a crappy person and who is not, now.

Seems we have quite a few Tywin Lannisters running around this thread.

Anyway, the guilty parties, and only the guilty parties, deserve to be punished. A Frey should inherit the Twins, seeing as the Twins were built and only inhabited by the Freys.

The better question is this:

"How many Frey's deserve to live?"

ASoS, Chapter 49 - Catelyn VI (Walder Frey naming granddaughters)

That’s a Cersei, but we call her Little Bee, her mother’s a Beesbury.

My answer...only one. The Little B. Just because I love the tie in calling Cersei a B.

Archived